010

The Gifted Ones [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

 

 

The cold steel handcuffs dug into Jimin’s wrists, leaving angry red marks. His arms were full of Restrainers as Jimin screamed in agony. His eyes were covered with a black cloth, his body restrained with heavy chains. Jimin was hopeless. He couldn't move or even fight back and had no choice by to take in all the pain. The leather whips came every few seconds barely giving him any time to catch his breath. The whips broke his soft skin, blood seeping out from the wounds.

 

The whips his power out, its hit felt like a thousand sharp needles piercing his skin. His silver Restrainers had turned pitch black from trying to use his powers to protect himself. A large fire erupted on his hands again just to be gone the next second – the Restrainers preventing them.

 

“That’s enough.” A deep voice interrupted. The sound of the leather whip hitting skin had disappeared, leaving the room in silence; only the sound of Jimin’s heavy breathing could be heard. Footsteps echoed loudly in the room, coming closer to Jimin’s trembling form. The blindfold was harshly pulled away, making Jimin squint his eyes from the blinding lights. The room was completely white.

 

White is supposed to be a pure colour, but this room was anything but pure. His eyes wandered around the room, more importantly to the people in the room. Some of the teachers from the academy were standing in front of him, staring at Jimin. Those teachers were only a few, who worked directly with Mr. Lee. A large hand came in Jimin’s view, before he had time to comprehend what was happening. His cheek was stinging and most likely red. He bit his lips to stop the tears.

 

“Look at me, boy.” Mr. Lee hissed. Jimin slowly lifted his gaze and stared directly at the man, his eyes full of hate. Mr. Lee smirked as he took in all the emotions displayed. “Pathetic. So pathetic you are, so weak. Can’t even protect yourself.” Mr. Lee taunted as he walked mockingly slow around Jimin, his arms behind his back.

 

After making a full circle around Jimin, he stopped directly in front of him. “Such a pitiful life you have. Your friends are leaving you just like your parents did.” The flames erupted around Jimin’s body, his body shaking. How dare he. The flames died down again thanks to the silver devices clipped to his wrists. “Face it Jimin. No one loves you. No one ever will. So why don’t you join us?” Mr. Lee finished off as he coolly walked out of the room, the group of teachers following behind him. Why don’t you join us? Those words circled around his head. If he joined them he would lose the little amount of freedom he has left. The guards tortured him for hours after that, Jimin forgot how long he has been held captive. It was so bad, that he fainted while being beaten up.

 

Was this how his life was going to be? Jimin regained consciousness for the fifth time, he found himself slumped on the cool floor, the room empty. He sighed, as he closed his eyes. What was the point in living? “Maybe Mr. Lee is right, no one does love me.” His voice cracked. The bitterness he felt when Mr. Lee mentioned his parents, it only broke his heart even more. Why don’t you join us? Mr. Lee’s voice hissed in his mind. If Jimin joined, would he stop feeling this pain?

 

“Stay strong, my King.” The voices comforted him.

 

Jimin was left alone in that room for seven hours, his thoughts eating him alive. He thought of what Mr. Lee said. He thought of his friends. It’s true, everyone was leaving him. The only one who truly loved him was Mrs. Kim. He misses her. He misses her sweet voice. Jimin wished to be embraced by her right now. He wanted his best friend back. He just wanted to be happy again. Was that too much to ask for? Jimin sighed again as he let sleep take over him; he was surprised how he could sleep from how much his body was screaming in pain. Jimin was exhausted with everything.

 

-----

 

After two more agonizing days, Jimin was finally released during the middle of  the night so no one would see him. He went to Yixing, who healed him to the best of his abilities, and hugged him all night reassuring him everything will be okay. But was it? These encounters with Mr. Lee happen so often, he knows it will never stop. Yixing forced Jimin to stay over for the night; he was too worried to let the boy wander off on his own.

 

Jimin cried as Yixing comforted him. “I hate this so much. I just want it to end.” He cried, Yixing hugged Jimin so tight; he wished he could take his pain away. His heart breaks knowing that Jimin has been going through this for years, he didn’t deserve it. What frustrates him is that he doesn’t even know the full reason on why he is treated like this. Yixing wished he could help him but he was powerless, he wasn’t even a teacher but the academy’s nurse.

 

“Shh, stay strong Jimin. Good things happen to those who wait.” He whispered, as he played with Jimin’s hair lightly, putting him to bed. To Yixing, Jimin was a younger brother who he had the desire to protect. He hated himself for not being able to do enough.

 

The next morning, Jimin woke up to the beautiful aroma of the flower. His heart unknowingly ached, as he felt as if something was calling him to come back. Jimin fluttered his eyes opened; he stared aimlessly at the ceiling. This wasn’t Yixing’s ceiling, he moved his head a bit to the side. And found Mr. Wu sitting beside him, smiling at him softly. His aged hands patted Jimin’s hair, right then Jimin felt the feeling of a father caring for his son.

 

“You’ve been through a lot Jimin-ah.” Jimin could only stare, as a tear let loose falling horizontally from his face. Mr. Wu wiped the tear away. Mr. Wu took care of him for a few days until Jimin was back on his feet, along with Yixing. So many nights Jimin woke up screaming as he had constant nightmares of the pain, of the voices. Mr. Wu was there for him during each night. The aura of the meditation room was peaceful. After Mr. Wu’s classes, Jimin would come in and sit for a while as they spoke.

 

A couple of days later, when Jimin appeared much more healthy the two sat in the meditation room, with warm cups of Jasmine tea. “I’ve been feeling a negative power around you recently Jimin. What else has been going on except that?” Jimin sipped a small amount of the warm tea, his throat already clogging up. “My friends have been slowly leaving me. Taehyung has completely left me, well almost completely.” He said with a broken voice as Jimin glanced down, he felt his heart ache just thinking of his best friend abandoning him.

 

Just like Mr. Lee said, just like his parents. Jimin shook his head, trying to shake the negative thoughts away. Mr. Wu frowned. “Why would they be leaving you? Did something happen? Did you have a fall out?” Mr. Wu said with concern, he hated the sight of Jimin being so helplessly broken and fragile.

 

“No. I-I don’t know why myself. Is there something wrong me?” He gazed at Mr. Wu with such innocent eyes. Mr. Wu shook his head, “Nothing is wrong with you, son. You’re perfect.” Mr. Wu said lovingly, as he patted Jimin’s shoulder. Jimin smiled softly, he loved the fact that Mr. Wu could instantly make him feel better. After Jimin left the room, Mr. Wu sat silently in deep thought.

 

“It’s odd for your friends to leave you like that.”

 

-----

 

 

The next day, Jimin awoke early in the morning. He needed to get his mind cleared, and the best way to do that was to exercise and train his powers. So Jimin did, around five in the morning he was already at the gym, his fists hardly hitting the punching bag one after the other.  He tried to wash away all the negative thoughts with every hit. He mustered a final powerful punch, leaving smoke coming out from the spot.

 

“Oops.” He smirked.

 

“Feisty.” A voice called out behind him.

 

Startled, Jimin lost balance when turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter