012

The Gifted Ones [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

 

The second Jimin got out of that car, he was squished to death by Mrs. Kim who had tears running down her kind face. She has missed Jimin deeply, even though they spoke on the phone from time to time, it wasn’t the same as being able to see Jimin physically standing in front of her. “I missed you so much.” She whispered while sobbing. Jimin inhaled Mrs. Kim unique and sweet scent, he felt like he was home. Mrs. Kim was his home.

 

“I missed you too.” He breathed as he embraced her a little tighter. “I missed you a lot.”

 

The pair spoke for hours after Jimin had rested. He told her everything, from what was happening with his friends, to finding out his secret identity. Mrs. Kim hugged him and comforted him, telling him that eventually everything will be okay.  “You’ve always been the strong little boy I know and love, so I can guarantee that you will get over this, the pain you’re feeling right now it will wash away soon. So keep your head up son.” Mrs. Kim advised with a heartwarming smile.

 

Jimin felt like his problems already were starting to wash away thanks to Mrs. Kim. “Thank you.” He hugged her again, this time leaning his head on her soft shoulder. “I’m so grateful to have you.” He mumbled quietly on her shoulder. Mrs. Kim chuckled, “So am I.” It was then Jimin realized that the voices in his head where silent.

 

-----

 

“Silence!” Seungri yelled, the class being far too loud. “Yes, it’s true. Park Jimin has gone on a break for a year. End of discussion!” He said in an annoyed tone. Seungri was annoyed because he saw potential in Jimin, for weeks he had seen the boy being down. And he wished Jimin would return to his happy self, but maybe this time he had hit his breaking point. Even though Jimin did disrespect him, Seungri understood that during that time his mind was focusing on helping his peer.

 

He just wished he understood that earlier instead of being blinded by rage. Taehyung’s eyes stung as he heard the news. His tawny eyes cloudy, Jimin has left. A hand touched his wrist, he looked up and saw Jungkook looking at him with a neutral face. Immediately he grinned, an act outside. No one noticed how inside he was screaming, begging for someone to get him out. Taehyung felt hopeless inside, his only hope was Jimin to rescue him but Jimin was long gone.

 

“BASTARD!” Taehyung’s voice roared in Jungkook’s mind.

 

Jungkook heard his screams deep inside; he smirked as he watched the real Taehyung plea in despair. His eyes shone, a wicked smile on his face, as Jungkook loved being in control. However, his smile faltered, his real feelings slipping out for a second before he masked it away like the professional he is. Of course, it didn’t go unnoticed as Jackson stared at him from across the room with a frown.

 

“You saw that too, right?” Jackson whispered softly to Mark who was stood silently beside him. Mark nodded, his eyes also trained on the pair. “Something’s not right.” He mumbled, his eyes travelling from Taehyung to Jungkook. Jackson made a noise of agreement. Something wasn’t right, he could feel it.

 

“We should keep a close eye on them.”

 

-----

 

Jimin was tying his shoelaces, his black backpack beside him, as he sat on the end of the stairs. “Jimin, where are you going so early in the morning?” Jimin looked up, to see Mrs. Kim standing in front of him with a frown on her delicate face. He smiled. “I’m going to find out the truth. Today is the start.” He said as he finished tying his white laces, picking up his backpack.

 

Mrs. Kim sighed in response. As supportive as she was, she couldn’t help but worry for Jimin since what he was doing could lead him to danger. “Just… just stay safe okay?” She advised with concern. Jimin chuckled, “Of course. I expect a large meal when I return.” He said cheekily. Mrs. Kim let out a small laugh as well. “You have my number, so call me immediately if anything happens. Jimin mockingly saluted her, his posture straight. “Yes ma’am!” Causing Mrs. Kim to chuckle as she ruffled his hair. 

 

"Wait here, I'll be right back." She said in a rush as she sped out of the room. She returned with a small glass bottle, inside was some sort of herb. She opened the lid, and sprinkled some on Jimin's head. The herbs was actually powder, that was bathed in magic. Mrs. Kim is a Gifted just like Jimin, but someone special about her is that her ancestors were witches and so she inherited their magic. "This will keep you safe, and mask away any scent or sign that could show your real identity." She said, closing the lid. Jimin watched as the magic came to life, sparkling a bright blue as it engulfed Jimin's frame. He felt protected.

 

She hugged him one last time, muttering to be careful. Jimin walked towards the large heavy doors, he waved at Mrs. Kim and adjusted his backpack. “I’ll be back!” He yelled and ran off. Mrs. Kim watched as his figure slowly disappeared. “I hope you find the truth.” She said softly.

 

Jimin closed the metal gates behind him, smiling at one of the old guards near the gate, the guard returned the smile. He readjusted the back pack and began walking to his destination.

 

-----

 

Taehyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter