Prologue

The Gifted Ones [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prolouge

 

 

The sky was painted a captivating navy blue decorated with twinkling stars. The beauteous moon glowed gracefully, illuminating the quiet night. Jimin sat on the ground of his bedroom, his hands feeling the soft beige carpet. The night sky always captured Jimin’s attention, inviting him to admire the view – the beauty. For the night sky comforted him. Jimin believes the reason why he admires the sky when the sun has set is because it is quiet and peaceful, as if he is the only one with the sky.

 

“What are you looking at?” A soft voice questioned. Jimin turned around towards the direction of the voice which belonged to none other than the head maid – Mrs. Kim. Jimin instantly smiled, “the sky.” Jimin responded while turning his attention back at the view.

 

Mrs. Kim is a motherly figure to Jimin. Being aware that she should obey the rules given to her as a maid, Mrs. Kim disobeyed a few for Jimin’s happiness. She knew that Jimin is lonely majority of the time so out of her own will she sneaks into his bedroom to have a small chat no matter how dangerous it can be.

 

Mrs. Kim chuckled quietly, staring at the young boy lovingly – a mother’s sweet gaze. “You were always fond of the sky but then again who wouldn’t be? It is beautiful.” She agreed while turning her attention to the sky too.

 

“Now, Master Lee is calling for you.” Jimin instantly frowned. “Do I really have to go? I don’t like Mr. Lee, he scares me.” Jimin pouted instantly warming Mrs. Kim’s heart. She laughed softly while ruffling Jimin’s black hair.

 

When Jimin was a small infant, he was left on the doorstep of Mr. Lee’s home. Coincidentally, Mrs. Kim brought the young child in to Mr. Lee. Around the neighborhood, Mr. Lee is known as a cold man with his icy gaze that could make anyone go down on their knees. But, when he took his first glance at Jimin he decided to keep him which surprised Mrs. Kim and the other servants. What exactly made him want to keep the child? Was it his innocent brown eyes? Or the way his eyes formed into crescent moons when he smiled? That remains a mystery.

 

“He may seem scary but he does care for you Jimin.” She bent down to Jimin’s height, reassuring him. “Now”, she clapped her hands while getting up. Mrs. Kim brought her hand out for Jimin to take; “shall we?” she beamed. Jimin grinned while taking her hand, allowing Mrs. Kim to lead the way.

 

When they reached the gigantic doors, engraved with gold patterns, Mrs. Kim let go of his hands and gave Jimin a small push towards the room. Jimin turned his innocent eyes to Mrs. Kim - visibly gulping. She gave him two big thumbs up reassuring him that there is nothing to worry about. Jimin gave a small nod and knocked softly on the door.

 

“Come in.” A deep voice responded.

 

Jimin pushed the heavy doors slowly, peeking his head in and entered the room – inside Mr. Lee’s study room. He walked towards the big wooden desk positioned near the large windows. Both sides of the room were covered with books, reaching towards the ceiling. Jimin always wondered how Mr. Lee reached for the books right at the top. He stood stiffly, intertwining his hands at the front while staring at the man.

 

“Jimin.” The deep voice acknowledged.

 

“Yes, Mr. Lee.” His soft voice responded.

 

Mr. Lee turned his full attention to the young boy, staring at him with an unreadable expression. “Since you are now seven-years-old, I have decided it’s time you joined my work place.” He spoke with authority, analyzing Jimin’s reaction.

 

Jimin tiled his head cutely, “the academy?” he questioned. Mr. Lee’s eyes softened for a second before it was replaced with his signature cold eyes. “Yes, the academy. As your powers are becoming stronger I decided it is best you join the academy where you will learn and master your powers to your best abilities.” His gaze lowered to the silver band on Jimin’s wrist.

 

“Have you been wearing your band at all time?” He questioned. Jimin nodded furiously, aware of the consequences if he didn’t.

 

“Good. Any questions?” Jimin stared at the ground thoughtfully before returning his gaze back to Mr. Lee. “Are there others… like me?” His brows furrowed, awaiting the answer.

 

“Yes, there are. There are children your age and older who have similar conditions to you. So don’t worry.” Jimin’s worries instantly vanished knowing he can fit in since he has been home schooled all this time. He felt nervous and excited; he can finally make friends besides Mrs. Kim.

 

“If that is all, go to bed. You start school tomorrow early in the morning. I have already informed Mrs. Kim so everything is prepared for you.”  Mr. Lee turned his back on Jimin and gazed out the large window. Jimin gave a small bow and walked towards th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter