9: Aftermath

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: Aftermath.

I should have captured the face Jinae made when I asked about Kim Minseok. Because it was priceless.

Ever since then, Jinae talked about this man I had no idea about almost in every conversation we had, that I’m starting to think she had a secret crush on him. She was so delighted when she had set a specific date and time, being the middle person between us and that makes it even more feel like a blind date.

I’m going on a blind date.

“Is Tuesday’s lunch okay with you?” Jinae spoke as she poked her head to my office while I was busy working, so I just nodded to get her away from me. I’m not a multitasking person and she was the least of my concern right now.

But that sure didn’t bring me any good when she reminded me on Monday.

“Tomorrow’s lunch?” I exclaimed in disbelief. “When did I say so?” Still in disbelief, I asked. She must have mentioned some day before and I didn’t realized it but I can’t just accept it as my fault as long as I can put all the blames on her.

“You , I told you last Thursday!” She yelled, even though it wasn’t literally yelling as she kept her voice low but her words were full of rage. For the record, I’m glad we’re having dinner with Kyungsoo because if not, she would have probably swear at me right now. Having an angel boyfriend wasn’t so bad after all. It makes her behave.

“I heard you’re meeting Minseok tomorrow.” Kyungsoo showed up with two glasses of plain water for us while we were waiting for our orders to arrive.

Great! I like it when everyone knows I’m on a date with a stranger. “Yeah, mom and dad.” I said, sounding full of sarcasm but from the look on Kyungsoo’s face, he wasn’t amused at all. If I didn’t know him any better, he’s not taking my remark well. Oops, maybe he really is not.

Jinae nudged my side, making me flinched in surprise as she mouth some words I can’t make up to, because really I can’t read people’s lips so I shrugged and ignore her. And then I heard “How’s Vietnam?” from Jinae and I heaved a sigh without the lovebirds noticing. Here we go.

I have to say, they chose a great restaurant tonight. This meal I ordered was such a great company that I didn’t even care all those gigglings and cheesy comments shooting between both of them, not until when the focus was back on me.

“I heard you are not alone at Jongin’s wedding.”

Seriously, Jongin? Is Kyungsoo your mom that you have to tell him everything?

“Yeah, I was with somebody.” I answered nonchalantly, but I’m having cold sweats from the fact of what’s more to come. someone with this specifically pink hair.

“Correction. They assumed. “

“He told me that he was your boyfriend.”

“You-“

“They assumed…so.” I cut Jinae off before she got frantic and out of control. “He is just a friend.” I tried to come up with explanation but that was all I can come up with because I don’t know this Baekhyun guy.

“Why didn’t I know about this friend?” Oh, Jinae. I mentally facepalmed myself because all I wish she was not trying to interrogate me too. What the hell happen to the “I’m always on your side.” talk? This traitor .

“Because…he is,” I shrugged casually as if I’m not panic at all. “my friend?” I emphasized ‘my’ to make a point and laughed awkwardly while both of them stared at me like I just lose a screw or two in my brain.

I am such an idiot.

~~~

12:00

It’s lunch. I can feel the nervousness now-not excitement, I’m sure- for the fact that I have no idea who this man is. This is all rush, right? I made a hasty decision, did I? I was just so hurt after I got back from Okinawa and I- I thought maybe with this, I could really let Jongin go for good.

He must be having a wonderful, romantic honeymoon somewhere typical like Hawaii or Maldives and here I am, going on a lunch date with a stranger.

The image of Jongin and Yerin clouding my mind -damn my wide imaginations- and I brushed all the images away from me furiously.

I can be like that too, and as for now, I’m leaving my fate to this man.

“Have a nice date!” Jinae chimed while waving, sending me off like a proud mother.

“You!” I mouthed as I turned around with a death glare, sending shivers down to her spine as she just acted like she didn’t see that, back to her work on the desk. Nice, now everyone has something to gossip about during lunch.

I got out of the cab when I arrived in front of this fancy restaurant Minseok had reserved for our lunch. I straightened my short skirt, fixed my hair a little as my mind was fumbling with the possibilities that it might not be a good idea.

What if he thinks I’m not pretty enough?

What if he not- am I in a place to be so picky? You aren’t that good yourself- my type enough?

He could be as boring as Kyungsoo. I don’t want a boyfriend like Kyungsoo. I scrunched my nose when I think of that. They’re friends though.

“Reservation under the name Kim Minseok?” I told the staff who was standing at the podium, and he showed me the way almost immediately to the table and there was a man already, tapping his fingers playfully by the table as he waited for his date.

The staff smiled at me and I mut

Please log in to read the full chapter