[EXTRA]31: Starting over

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bonus Chapter

Chapter 31: Starting over. 

Everything seemed dark.

I can’t find myself see things clearly, my feet was growing heavy and my heart was just torn apart. The call I received from Chanyeol earlier on just made my heart fell right to my feet and I can’t gather myself to think straight.

Anything could be happening to him. And all I could do was wishing that he’d be fine.

But what if he wasn’t?

“HANA!”

The loud voice ringing to my ears snapped me out of my own fumbling thoughts and that was when I realized how closed was I falling to the ground like how my heart had shattered when I heard the news.

“Chanyeol,” I whispered, the b tears in my eyes were released, freely flowing down my cheeks.

“Hana, why are you crying so much?” Chanyeol asked, his face showed how worried was he at seeing how I’ve looked like.

I looked down, trying hard to make out a reply, acknowledging the feeling that was haunting me from the whole journey to the hospital. “I’m scared. I am so scared. I don’t think I’m ready to hear anything or see anything. I’m not ready to lose him – “

“You’re not!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

My parents died in a car accident. A car accident caused two lives that meant the world to me gone. And what if it happened once again? Those dark moments were so cleared in my mind, not only the images but the fear I’ve faced. It’s terribly terrifying.

“Hey, hey, look at me.” Chanyeol shook me a little so that I would focus my sight on him. “Nothing too bad happened. He broke his arm, though but his mouth is still spiteful as ever. Seriously, I wish he would shut up like a sick person should be because it’s really annoying when I ran like a lunatic only to see that he – what I’m trying to say is, you’ll regret once you get in.” he shrugged. “Really.” He pressed on the word to make me believe him.

He brought me inside and the first thing I saw was Baekhyun on the bed in the hospital attire, his eyes was shut and he didn’t even stir by the presence entering the room. I slowly made my way to his side, sitting on the small space on the bed and my body acted on my own when I found my hand the side of his face as another batch of fresh tears slip my eyes. “What a relief. It’s really a relief.”

“I told you.” Chanyeol muttered from my back.

Baekhyun fluttered his eyes open and by the time we met eyes, I smiled at him in relief. “Idiot. How can you drive so recklessly? Do you know how worried sick I am?” I was honestly slightly weirded out by the lack of response from him but I continued, nevertheless. “I thought something really bad happened to you.”

I felt like I finally could breathe out properly looking at his condition. Baekhyun wasn’t exactly in bad shape except he had a cast on his right arm and a little bandage on his face accompanied with few faint bruises.  

But why wasn’t he saying anything back to me? Why was he having an unreadable expression on me? “Baekhyun,” I called his name just to have him response to me.

I was so dreading to listen to his voice that when I heard him, I was then regretting it as a pinch of panic attacked me. “You seem to know me well.” And what was that supposed to mean?

As if Chanyeol had the same thought as me, I heard the sound of banging here and there like Chanyeol wasn’t even bothered that he hit anything in his way just to see Baekhyun closely. “Byunbaek, what are you talking about? Of course she knows you so well. If you’re trying to play that joke once again, let me warn you it’s not funny. You have no idea how Hana was before – “

“I seriously have no idea –“ Baekhyun stopped midsentence when he realized it was inappropriate to say it with the existence of my presence in the room. I can’t find myself to react to it. I wasn’t crying neither did I ran out in devastation, I just sat still in stun, watching him. “I’m sure she’s – if not, she wouldn’t be here acting to me like this but Yeol, this person –“he looked away immediately as he glanced towards me like it was too awkward to look at me in the eyes.

“Are you for real?” Chanyeol asked. I can’t help but cry silently at the side as I stared at him longer and felt how indifferent and distant he was being, and the next thing I knew Chanyeol wrapped his arms around me and I cried to myself, hiding my face to his stomach. “Seriously Baek, if that was an act, you better keep that act for your whole life because I’m going to kick your balls until you’re not able to have babies if I found out. The same trick is only fun to be played once. This is getting lame, really.”

“How many times – why can’t you just – “ I tightened my arms around Chanyeol because I didn’t think I can face him and I didn’t even want to get through what was really happening at the moment, letting the warmth comforted me – because my boyfriend /slash/ fiancée had no trails of memories of us – which I was too occupied to see his widening eyes that was fuming in anger. “Okay, this is cheating. Now, it backfired at me. That is really uncomfortable to watch, sweetheart!” He pulled me away from Chanyeol’s embrace and glared at Chanyeol. “Fun?” he yelled. “It wasn’t fun when you were the one getting the blow, is it?”

Wait, what?  “This isn’t getting anywhere near The Vow, I have a feeling if I lose my memory for real, you would’ve dated Chanyeol instead! Then as my brain managed to bring back my memories slowly, you’ll be married to him by then and I’ll be all alone, regretting over it? Wow, what a sad ending I got there.” He blabbered in irritation – maybe having tad bit insecurities over Chanyeol which he won’t admit it for his whole life – not realizing that the daggers he was receiving.

“Ya, Byun Baekhyun – “

“YOU ING DESERVE THAT, YOU HEAD!” I smacked his casted arm – because that happened to be the only one in sight and I was overwhelmed with emotions – and he screeched loudly enough for the whole hospital to hear.

“KKKKK!” he screamed his pain out, his eyes were b in tears, trying to hold in the pain. “My arm feels like it’s going to fall out! Do you want to date an amputated guy?”

“I rather date a man without arms with a stable mental than a jerk like you!” I yelled so frustratingly. The nurse came in rescue, surely because of the noise but I didn’t bother. “I thought I’d lose you when I received the call! And then you found it funny, playing a joke like this on me?” I was wailing like a kid, stomping my feet in frustration as I kept sobbing because I was just so upset with him.

“Sir, is everything – “

“I – I’m so sorry, okay?” Baekhyun hugged me tight as he kept apologizing at me. Then he darted his gaze to Chanyeol with eyes that questioned “what am I supposed to do now?” and Chanyeol replied back with eyes that said “how would I know? That’s your girlfriend, not mine.”.  “I’m so sorry that I was such a good actor,” I managed to roll my eyes despite too occupied with crying when I heard that remark.

“Baekhyun, let me go. I seriously hate you right now.” I ordered threateningly but he didn’t faze when I can sense he was pouting as he replied “I don’t want to.”

He pulled away a little though, just so that he could looked at me but his arms still secured around me as if I would really run away the moment he let his guards off. I really wanted to strangle him to death but he was lucky enough I couldn’t live without him. He gently kissed the tears away from my cheeks as he said “I went a little bit too far. I’m terribly sorry. I am such a dishonest, insensitive and childish bastard.”

“Glad that you know that.”

He took my hands in his and he kissed every bit part of it as he looked at me with that puppy look eyes. “But you love me anyway.”

“Just so you know, I would have left and won’t talk to you until you know how to die down my anger at you for ting at me but I am just so glad that you’re okay that nothing else matters.”

“Of course, I’m the luckiest man on earth for having you.” He replied, soothing me out by agreeing with everything I said with his warm replies that was completely my weakness. “You’re the most beautiful creature that God has created for me. The next time we meet your parents I’m going to thank them thousand times for letting you born.”

“ you.” I muttered under my breath, sounding like I’m still mad at him but as much as I hated how he brought the intensity of cheesiness to a disgusting level that nearly made Chanyeol puked green at the side, I can’t deny it didn’t fail to make me smile. At his stupidity, of course.

“I broke my arm though.” He jutted his lips into a pout and tried to win my heart with his cuteness that didn’t match his age at all. He was 26, not 6.

“And that didn’t change my hatred for you.” I replied to which his face fell like an upset kid.  “Why did I even agree to marry a kid like you? I think I’m going to die at young age with you acting like this. I guess this is not it.”

He widened his eyes. “Ya, you can’t just take it back. You were the one that was spreading your arms wide, shouting YES! MILLION TIMES YES. How can you just change your mind like that?”

“I can change my mind – “He shut me up by pressing his lips on me.

“Try to say that one more time, I –“ He tried to find a reason to scared me with – but oh well, what does Hana scared of because he is more scared of me – and instead, I saw how his ears grew red while he was blinking repetitively as he swallowed the lump in his throat.

Chanyeol sniggered. “I am so sure he didn’t hit anything in his head if he could still remember clearly what he was watching yesterday.”

“I DID NOT!”

~~~

“Really? He did that? Ah, he should’ve called me for guidance, it would’ve worked perfectly with me there.”

I glared daggers in his way for such reply he gave because I wouldn’t think anyone would stoop low to that stupid joke. But it was all thanks to Jongdae that trick had started. “He shouldn’t have let jealousy building up over his acting. It was just a hug, anyway. What was the big deal?” Jongdae continued as he grabbed every snacks that was in sight along the aisle we were walking and dumped it into the basket Chanyeol was holding.

“Because he thinks I’m that threatening, that’s why.” Chanyeol shot.

“Threatening? That Yoda?” Jongdae mocked, which nearly made Chanyeol threw that heavy basket over his head from the back. “As the president of drama club 2010/2011 in Bucheon all-boys high school and president of drama club 2013/2014 of Seoul National University, I’m so disappointed in Baekhyun. He used to be so good in acting. I made him a star.” And when he turned to Chanyeol, he gave a sceptical look at him. “You were good too. Your long limbs were gre

Please log in to read the full chapter