10: We meet again

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: We meet again.

Baekhyun

“Finally, you’re out of your dungeon. How does it feel to see the sun?”

Undeniably, girls adore him. But the Baekhyun who caved himself in his own chamber part was a complete turn off. That’s what Chanyeol always said. “You, not coming out of your room for days, looking like a mess who wish not to be disturbed is so unattractive. That’s what you’re lacking behind me.”

“Well, contrasting to me, I have the iest job on earth.” Let the poor boy dream whatever he wants.

Chanyeol spoke when he saw Baekhyun stepping into the café. Baekhyun shrugged as he sat on one of the stools, watching Chanyeol who was working on his latte art before he ordered his staff to send it to the respective table.

Baekhyun gave one of his infamous smile to the girl as she came to pick the drink on the bar. His action caused the girl to flush so badly and Chanyeol gave a look at Baekhyun, to which he widened his eyes questioningly.

“She just graduated high school earlier this year.”

“What do you take me for? I’m not hitting on her.” Baekhyun defended himself. “But I can’t do anything if she found me attractive.” He murmured, making his friend shook his head and they gave a light chuckle to it. “Ya giant, take off your apron and let’s go have lunch.”

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. Baekhyun has been turning him into his slave more lately. “I’m not your girlfriend that you could drag me everywhere. I’m busy.”

“Come on, you know how much I hate eating alone.”

“Just order something from here.”

Baekhyun sighed. “I hate to say this, buddy…. but your food . How about you get someone who can really cook-“

“Long time no see, Baekhyun!”

“Hey, man! How are you?” he waved. There’s a faint answer of “doing great” from the kitchen but Baekhyun ignored it and turned back to Chanyeol who gave him a knowing look. “I’m just being objective.” He told him without being ridden from any guilt.

Chanyeol can never say no to Baekhyun. More like Baekhyun don’t accept anything other than what he wants. Sometimes Chanyeol can’t understand, there’s always three of them in their small circle of friends but why Baekhyun never bothered to drag Jongdae instead?

“Where’s Jongdae anyway?” Baekhyun asked as they approached the restaurant.

“You don’t know?” Chanyeol asked back.

“Then you know? That dude keep pop up here and there, then vanished into thin air, I can’t keep track of him anymore.”

“He’s enjoying life.”

“Right.”

They made their orders and as Baekhyun promised to pay, Chanyeol made sure he ordered the most expensive meal there, making Baekhyun bulged his eyes out at this bastard opposite of him but he kept quiet because he can’t possibly make a fuss in front of the waiter. That’ll be embarrassing.

Feeling defeated, he looked through the menus listed and as he was contemplating with his choices, he heard a faint “Hana-sshi?” and that made him completely stilled for a moment.

It can’t be, right?

But it wouldn’t be so bad to be able to meet her again though.

“Baek? You’re not done yet?” Chanyeol snapped him out.

“I’ll just have the risotto.” He handed his menu back to the waiter.

“You okay? It’s weird to see you spacing out.”

He waved it off. “Fine. I’m fine.”

And Baekhyun was really behaving weird throughout the lunch. At first, he was trying so hard to see the table behind them that actually triggered Chanyeol’s curiosity, making him stretching his head out to see, that went unnoticed by Baekhyun because he was so focused to have a sight of the couple.

“Do you believe in fate, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun suddenly asked, out of nowhere.

Chanyeol blinked continuously as he tried to digest what Baekhyun had just asked. “W-We’re talking about fate?” In disbelief, he was still trying to figure out what makes this bastard friend of him seemed so off. He wasn’t like this when they met at his café.

“Yes, I am.”

“And you do?”

“I think I do believe in it now. How funny.” He snickered as he said that.

“Are you sick?” Chanyeol asked in disbelief.

Then, it went even weirder when Baekhyun seemed like he’s trying to eavesdrop them. “What are you trying to do, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked, narrowing his eyebrows.

“Nothing.” He nonchalantly answered.

“Okay.” Chanyeol replied.

“NO! NO, NO, NOT AT ALL!”

That’s the Oh Hana I know. Baekhyun almost can imagine how Hana must have looked like as she got all frantic, hands flailing and eyes widening, ruining her poise facade she had been keeping to make the man believed her. As dramatic as always. He tried so hard to hold his laughter that his whole body was shaking but when he met eyes with Chanyeol’s questioning gaze again, he cleared his throat and continue eating his meal.

Chanyeol looked like he wanted to say something but ended swallowing his words to the back of his throat when Baekhyun ac

Please log in to read the full chapter