[EXTRA]32: Be Happy

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bonus Chapter

Chapter 32: Be happy.

This feels so real.

I eyed the invitation, smiling to myself as my fingers brushed softly against the beautiful cursive font with both his and my name on it. Attach on top of the card was a polaroid film Baekhyun had taken a picture of me earlier in a wedding dress.

“Why are you smiling to yourself?”

“Because I look so pretty.” I answered nonchalantly, giving an absolute different reason as to why I was really smiling for. I had never imagined a moment like this at all. The big day hadn’t even arrived yet, and I already felt like my heart had burst in happiness.

Baekhyun’s stretching arm brought me out of my trailing thoughts when he snatched the polaroid film from my reach. “I want to keep this.” He said when he saw my eyes followed his hand movement until the film was hanging in between his two thumbs on the steering wheel.

“You’re going to bring us into another accident if you keep staring at that instead of the road.” I scolded lightly, feigning a stern look.

“Because your beauty is blinding my eyes?” he retorted, and I hooked my arms around his before my fingers reach to shut his mouth.

“I can’t stand you sometimes, really.” I laughed.

 

“Only when you’re sure you’ll never turn your back on me, and that you’ll be by my side through all the times, and you’d like to spend the rest of your life with me, that time, marry me. I was hundred times sure when you said that to me. If I was hundred times sure then, you have no idea how many times I am even more sure now to have you as my wife. And I am completely sure now that I look at you because this is the person I want to build a life with.”

“Hana my love, would you marry me?”

I held my breath, didn’t know why it could even took my breath away when I knew so well there would be a day Baekhyun would officially propose to me to marry him. It wasn’t a choice that I had to think about. I had known far too long that I wanted him to be mine as much as he wanted me to be his.

“Yes. Of course I would say yes. Million times yes. Yes, Baekhyun!”

His smile was so bright like it could light up the dark night, before he crashed a kiss on my lips and hugged me so tight, so tight that I could feel how happy he was.

I said once all that I need of was a day celebrated with our loved ones and when the news was out to his family, his mother was just super ecstatic. Well, she’s a mother and knowing her son have found the love of his life, for sure excites her.

So yeah, she had listed down all the people she was thinking of inviting before Baekhyun could even say anything about it.

“She has no more sons to marry off. Just deal with it.” Baekhyun’s brother said by his side to which caused Baekhyun to snicker at it.

I like the pleased look on Baekhyun’s face like he was contented how everyone was happy with his decision.

“I can’t believe my baby Baekkie is going to get married already.”

“I’m not a baby anymore, grandma.” Baekhyun replied to his grandmother after they pulled away from a hug and brushed his hand against hers that was cradling his face.

Then, I realized everything was about to change. I was so happy and ecstatic, and look forward to what was coming ahead that I forgot what I would left behind, what changes would happen along the way.

“Sehun?” I dropped my keys in the jar on the cupboard as I took my shoes off before walking into the apartment. And I saw there he was, standing by the stove in my pink apron which still looked a little too small for him, there were changes over the week we didn’t see each other like his hair looked shorter than the last time I remember but he was still lanky as ever especially when he was in that black t-shirt he was wearing. “You’re back!” I chimed cheerfully.

“Have you had dinner?” he asked, slightly smiled at seeing my cheerful demeanour.

“Nope.”

“Well then, sit.”

I did as I was told and I watched his back from the table. “Aren’t you supposed to get rest first? You just got back.”

“I already slept through the whole afternoon if you were so concerned about it.” He replied as he shut the stove before lifting the pan, transferring the food into two plates. He brought those two plates then, and placed one in front of me, later passing me spoon and pour water into a glass for me before he sat.

I was wondering why was he doing this?

“We would barely having meals like this between us after this.” He muttered, making my heart swelled a little at his words. It was nonchalant, didn’t sound like he meant it sad at all but it was sad, yet moving to hear on my part.

~~~

“Aren’t you sad?”

Sehun moved towards the counter to grab a packet of sugar for his coffee with Dahee trailing along behind him. “About what?” he asked, while tearing the packet open and grabbed for a stirrer without even looking as he was staring at her.

“About your sister getting married.”

“Why should I be sad over it? She met a good guy for her and I’m supposed to be happy. And I really am.” He replied, now moving to the table beside the glass window, Dahee sat opposite of him.

“I always thought you both have stronger attachment towards each other since you have been each other’s support all this while. You know, with no parents in sight.”

“You mean since she’s the only family I have.”

“Yeah.”

Sehun snickered lightly. “Don’t I have you?” he retorted to which made Dahee bulged her eyes out before she was fumbling in her seat, dragging the chair close to the table and cupped her face on her probing arms as support.

“Does that mean you like me?” she asked expectantly.

“No.”

A frowned formed on her forehead at that short response. “Sehun, how many times have I said I like you?”

“Many times.”

“And what do you think of it?”

Sehun pursed his lips as he looked away, giving a little thought about it. “That you’re pretty brazen?”

Dahee looked away while gasping a little, feigning hurt by his spiteful words. Why did I ever fall for him? She pinched the bridge of her nose while having that thought. “Fine. You know what? Feelings don’t last. And that is why, I have decided that this right second, I’m going to give up on you.” She announced to which she noticed Sehun didn’t even bother about it and that was upsetting.

Sehun did fazed a little actually, a really tiny transition in expression that he wasn’t expecting she would say that. “So, I’m going to find another guy to like. Let’s see who there is.” She sing song as she kept scrolling her phone.

Sehun snatched the phone out of her hands to which she glared that wasn’t even close as scary as Sehun’s usual gaze he had, as she snapped “That’s rude. Give my phone back.” She reached out to get it back but Sehun’s long limbs was used to a great use as he effortlessly brought it far enough from Dahee.

“You're finding a new guy to like on Instagram, seriously?”

“There are so many guys in my university that are far more good looking than you.” Dahee crossed her arms arrogantly.

He shrugged in response. “And you think they’d have interest in you?” he asked in an amused tone.

“Well, you never know.”

Dahee saw how Sehun was busy pressing something on her phone quickly but before she could’ve stopped him, he pressed the lock button and slid her phone on the table back to her.

“Don’t do those stuffs. I didn’t ask you to stop liking me. So, just keep liking me.”

Dahee gaped in disbelief. What the hell? “You are so unbelievable.”

~~~

It was just one of my favourite days when I was sleeping comfortably and warm in my Batman print mustard sweatshirt and star patterned pyjama pants while hugging Baekhyun tightly closed to me from the back like he was my teddy bear for the night.

Every time I stirred up from my sleep and realized how I had Baekhyun in my arms, sleeping soundly next to me, it was the best feeling in the world.

The sound of raindrops against the window woke me up and I realized how sun had long risen from the bright sky. Knowing that rainy weather was the best condition to enjoy sleeping and how I insisted on not wanting this to be over, I shut my eyes back and leaned my head against his nape but not long I settled myself for another deep slumber, tickles on my foot sole that was hung around his torso made me shrieked unconsciously.

Lucki

Please log in to read the full chapter