29: What I've been wishing for

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

[This is a double update in case you came right to this chapter without reading the prev one.]

Chapter 29: What I’ve been wishing for.

To say that pain was getting numb on me because that was what I’ve been feeling all this time was not true. Pain was there to be felt. The first thing when I regained consciousness was the sharp stung feeling right on top of my head as I heard muffled voices around me. It felt like someone just rip my hair off my scalp that I just wanted to fall in deep unconsciousness back.

Today was just not the day I wanted to go through this .

Adjusting my eyes to the bright light, I couldn’t help but frown the first time I blinked my eyes open and a hoard of voices were heard as people in the room hovered over me to see my condition. Only when I could see everything , my throbbing head distracted me and I clutched it as I whined hoarsely “My head hurts like .”

“Does it hurt that bad? Should I call doctor to check on you?”

The too familiar voice made me turn my head to focus on the figure near me. Pain was long forgotten, am I dreaming? was the thought I had when I saw Baekhyun was holding my other hand as I could felt he brushed it gently with his thumb. Could the pain felt this real if I was dreaming?

I studied the features that I haven’t seen for far too long and he looked exactly the same like the person I was in love with. I had the urge to touch that beautiful face and turned into a crying mess because he was so near to me that I wanted time to just stop so I could stare at him longer before he walked away when he found me to be doing fine.

Should I act like my condition was worse that it was?

“Do you – “he cleared his throat and I saw his eyes began to glisten. Is he about to cry? “Do you remember me?”

“Oh?” It came out more like a croak. I was taken aback. What did he mean by remembering him? I remembered everything clearly. Just because we were away from each other’s reach for quite some time, didn’t mean I would’ve forgotten about him. I wasn’t even an old woman to be forgetting stuffs easily.

I didn’t know that my questionable face made him slouching in a disappointment state. “You really can’t remember me?” The last few words barely came out of his mouth before he looked away, so broken hearted. “I’m sorry. I might need some time to deal with this.” He pulled his hands off me and dashed out of the ward.

I didn’t know if it was the pain in the head was affecting me but I really couldn’t grasp anything that was happening.

Only then, I found two of his friends stood by the end of my bed in silent. What is happening to me that everyone look so solemn? I feel absolutely fine though. Is there anything that I didn’t know? Do I have only few days to live? “What is going on?”

Both Chanyeol and Jongdae smiled awkwardly at me. “The authorities are really sorry for the accident. It was really unfortunate, this is the first time it ever happened in hundred years and it happened to you.”

“What is it that hit me?”

“A small part of the tile roof from the traditional house at the edge was long cracked. It came off right when you walked under it. You have five stitches on your head.”

“Five?” I widened my eyes. “So, is it bald right here?” I shrieked in panic at the thought of losing my hair. “It’ll grow, right?”

“I’m not so sure about that.” Chanyeol murmured pitifully.

“And…h-how – wh-what…what just- Baekhyun just now – “I stuttered while flailing my arms around, pointing everywhere.

Jongdae came near to me. “The injury had side effect on her!” Jongdae told Chanyeol. “Is it possible that it cause speech impairment?” and he turned to me, covering his hand over his mouth like he was about to burst in tears. “Our Hana is so pitiful. I’m so sorry. No matter what happen, you still look great to us.”

What the actual is going on? “I am fine! Why is Baekhyun look like he was about to cry at this small wound?” that still stung like !

“Ask that smarty pant over there.” Chanyeol commented sarcastically. “I wasn’t the one who told Baekhyun that you were unconscious for three days –“

“I was unconscious for three days?”

“ – and said that you are having amnesia.”

“Amnesia?” I exclaimed loudly.

“Of course, it wasn’t true. You hurt yourself yesterday’s evening and you remember everything.” Jongdae told me the truth. “Do you watch The Vow?” I nodded dumbly. “Baekhyun right now, is like Channing Tatum. I really like that movie.” He laughed, happy at what he just did.

“You’re telling me that you got an idea from The Vow?” I asked in disbelief.

“It was random, obviously. Besides, the movie depicts a really moving and beautifully heart breaking love story.”

“Indeed, it is!” I exclaimed loudly because none of them looked like they were guilty at all for such prank.

“We play jokes on each other all the time, Hana.” Chanyeol spoke up, aware of how tense I’ve gotten. And they really weren’t.

“Joke? Are you kidding me? He’s probably crying right now.”

“See, I am such a good actor, right?” Jongdae complimented himself as he emphasized his face with the hand gesture. And I can’t believe how they didn’t find this serious at all. But before I could screamed my heart out and said “Did you realize what you guys just did?”, Chanyeol managed to beat me to it.

“Then, you should go after him.” He said while trying hard to supress a wide curl formed on his face.

“You crazy jerks.” I murmured while gritting my teeth.

I was about to get out of the bed when another crazy bastard coming in, screaming “HANA!” as he straight darted towards me and shook me like I was a lifeless figure. “I fly all the way from Jeju Island to get here when I heard. Where did you get hurt?” He tried to search any injuries on me.

“I’m okay. It’s just a little wound on my head.” I turned my head down for him to see.

“You called this little?”

“It’s not little? I’m really bald?” I exclaimed while my eyes widened in horror.

Sehun turned towards the other two figures that stood at the side. “Who let this happen to you, seriously?” he hissed while gritting his teeth, the fire in his eyes just figuratively burned the two into ashes to which Jongdae immediately bowed 90 degrees out of intimidation while muttering “I’m so sorry, sir.”

I couldn’t even bother to tell Jongdae that he didn’t have to be so polite to Sehun when Sehun was much younger than him because this ruckus was stopping me from going after Baekhyun. For sake, get out of my way, Oh Sehun!

I took the IV needle out of attachment from my hand while thinking, I won’t die by taking this out, would I? but I shrugged one second after that when I yelled to Sehun “Go away!” as I pushed his torso aside to make way for me.

“You’re still not well! Where do you think of going?” Sehun yelled back as Jongdae whispered to Chanyeol “Does Hana has a new love interest? He’s a fine man. Aigoo, Yeol, we’re too late.” He feigned a sad look as he pinched his nose bridge,

Please log in to read the full chapter