14: The first date

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 14: The first date.

“Jinae, you’re unbelievable.”

Baekhyun yelled, but his face was opposite than furious when he came back to the table with Chanyeol alongside sitting at the two empty spots.

“By the sound of her giggling, I think she’s drunk.” Chanyeol remarked and they were chatting, while I was stilled in silence, didn’t have any will to join in. Like I was being possessed.

“I’m not.” She whined in her girly voice while smacking Chanyeol’s shoulder because he’s the nearest person to her.

“I almost regret bumping into you two because look where did that brought me. Ya, and you too!” he scolded Chanyeol.

“Come on, buddy, I thought we have pledge an oath to be together in all ups and down.”

“Shut up.” Baekhyun replied, the three of them continued exchanging teasing and sarcasms in between laughing while drinking and eating snacks. But it seemed Baekhyun realized half way when his eyes boring into me in concern. “You always seem to have a counterattack at everything I said. It’s weird how I don’t have anything to fight with you about.”

It gathered two more pairs of eyes on me. Of course it would because when did I ever be friends with Baekhyun or had connection other than business in their mind. With today being an exception.

Questions were lingering in Jinae’s eyes – how I realized now that she felt it’s a concern for her to know every corner of my life- but my eyes immediately went towards Chanyeol when he stated “I think Hana is the one who is a little drunk.”

“Hana never gets drunk. She’s technically a man inside.” Jinae remarked.

“I’m getting a little uncomfortable in my office attire. I’d kill for a rest right now. I want to head back. Do you guys mind?”

Oh Hana is such a party pooper.

As much as I wished I could stare longer, gazing lovingly enough to boost his ego up to the outer space after the acknowledgement of my tiny crush on Byun Baekhyun, I am seriously got all heat up from wearing the outfit I’ve worn the entire day, together with all the drinking I’ve chugged down.

After a refreshing shower I had, I stretched my body out on the bed, with my pink towel wrapped around my head, with a face mask on and thoughts were running in and out of my head, as if I could see it over on the blank ceiling.

I turned my body to the other side, frowning deeply as I can’t get myself letting it go so that I could have a good sleep. “Aish, Oh Hana, what is the difference between Jongin and Baekhyun? I should have downgrade a little. I’m just going to get dump again.” I muttered to myself, poking my forehead, knocking some sense in me.

“It’s probably just a temporary infatuation. That beautiful voice, that beautiful smile,” I sighed dreamingly, hugging my comforter near to me. “As if I was reborn as a child who doesn’t know anything,” I started to sing but a beep interrupted, and I grabbed my phone to see from whom the incoming texts were coming from, only to throw it away when I saw the name.

“Don’t text me!” I whined by myself, kicking the air on the bed. Well, in the end, I took the phone and stared at the texts.

Byun Baekhyun: Have you gotten comfortable already?
Byun Baekhyun: I thought you were sick back there for a sec.
Byun Baekhyun: Also thought that maybe you were just afraid you might had to show off
                             your singing skill to me on second round so that’s why you were bailing out:P

“Why do you have to make things hard on me, seriously? Don’t you know when to sleep? So annoying.” I threw it again and stared at the ceiling.

I had to admit, I had partially went out of my mind.

“Don’t reply the text. You have asleep. That’s right, I’m sleeping, he must have thought I’ve gone asleep.” I convinced myself. “You can’t be charmed by him. You can’t handle being charmed by him at the moment.”

Sigh.

“But he could be waiting for me to reply.” I grabbed and unlocked my phone before the other side of me could have stopped me from doing so.

 

I felt a light nudge by my feet. Groaning, I moved my body, flipping to the other side of the bed, now lying on my stomach, falling back deep asleep.

“Don’t you have work today, Hana?” Sehun continued to poke all over my body but to no avail because I didn’t ing care about anything else except I still need to sleep.

“Just go.” I murmured in my hoarse voice, waving him out of my room.

“I’ve tried waking you up. Don’t blame me if you’re late.” He reminded but I couldn’t be bothered by it because nothing can tear me apart from my bed right now.

 

“YA, YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARD! DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IS IT RIGHT NOW? WHY DON’T YOU WAKE ME UP?”

“I did but you didn’t want to. You said it was okay.”

“Did I really say that?”

“You don’t really tell me that-“

“Then, you should have woken me up! Drag me to the bathroom, splashed me with a pail of water, sing in your ugly voice,” I sighed frustratingly, messing up my hair. “This is so upsetting, you’re so useless. Now I look like I’m going to make all men running away from me.”

A sigh of frustration was heard on the other line too. “I’m so busy to deal with your right now. I’m hanging up.”

“YA, WHO SAID YOU COULD HANG UP ON ME? WHO TEACH YOU TO DISRESPECT YOUR ELDER? I’M NOT DONE YET, OH SEHUN!”

A few daggers came in my way with a look of what’s up with this woman? because I was literally a yelling mess matched with a ed up look. I arrived at the office with the clock ticking a few seconds towards 11 a.m and Jinae ran over to me once she saw me rushing in towards my office.

“I’m so angry right now so don’t talk to me.” I said in between my gritted teeth. She was going to nag as usual about discipline and work ethics, oh come on, people could have situation sometimes that made them break some rules. Nobody is perfect.

Once I have seated, I reached for my hairband in my bag and tie my hair into a ponytail, staring into my dark computer screen for reflection. A few seconds of peace later, Jinae slammed my door shut and yelled “You want me to consider you anger, then how about my anger?”

“I-“

“It’s ing 11, Hana.” She tapped the small clock on my desk.

“I overslept.”

“Of course, I can see that. You went back home early last night and I thought you probably hit the bed the first thing you reached home so what went wrong?” I would have if Baekhyun didn’t mess with my feelings and texted me in the middle of the night. But of course I’m not going to tell her that. “Baekhyun and Chanyeol kept worrying about you were doing okay or not, you party pooper.”

She took a moment before continued and I had a feeling what is it all about. “Is there anything you left out about Baekhyun to me?”

I sighed and strained my lips into a smile to her. “Well, we kind of knew each other way before they became our client.” I said and I saw her nodding her head and raising her eyebrows at me, making me frowned. “What?”

“Go on. Tell me more about it.”

“He’s Yerin’s ex-boyfriend.” I mumbled under my breath.

“I’m sorry? I didn’t get to catch what you were saying. How about you speak louder?”

“He’s Yerin’s ex-boyfriend!” I repeated frustratingly.

“WHAT?” she gasped dramatically. “You’re kidding me.” She said in horror. Look how dramatic she is and there Baekhyun always said I’m overreacting. He had never seen the real dramaqueen. “You guys met in Okinawa then?” I nodded. “And tell me, he was the guy that Jongin said you were with, is it?”

“Yeah.”

“You guys weren’t scheming anything during the wedding, right?”

“Come on, Jinae. If we did, Jongin wouldn’t be happily married now!” I pointed out. “Well, he did try to burn someone’s dress,” I mumbled, inaudible to her ears because she would have been freaked out by now if she heard it. “Anyway, let’s say- is it weird if we’re together?” I asked hesitantly.

“YEAH!”

I was glad she didn’t question me further but that was for sure not a reply I wanted to hear.

~~~

“How do I look?”

I nodded, showing my thumbs up to say that she looked completely fine- fine was quite an understatement, she looked absolutely gorgeous- and there she was, not happy with my response so she repeated her question again. “How do I look?”

“Beautiful.” I answered while yaw

Please log in to read the full chapter