15: Broken

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: Broken.

Baekhyun

“Look who has finally coming back after he has gone for few hours.”

Jongdae cried loudly, loud enough for the whole place to turn their heads towards Baekhyun way. Great, now I’m the center of the attention. Baekhyun casually paced towards where Chanyeol and Jongdae has seated, took a sip out of Chanyeol’s glass before he could have stopped him.

“Don’t tell me you miss me already, geez.” Baekhyun replied while rolling his eyes annoyingly, because that seemed to be what he was best at.

Chanyeol snickered when Jongdae seemed fuming as he gulped his drink down. “Who’s the girl that you’re ditching us for?”

“I just went out for a drive, getting fresh air.”

“Don’t lie. You only ditched us for a girl. So, I want to know which girl you’re targeting. Is she hot?”  Baekhyun just shook his head. “Ya.” Jongdae nudged to get his attention. “Don’t tell me you’re actually having an affair with Yerin.”

“You went a little bit too far, Dae.” Chanyeol backed him up.

“Yeollie buddy, I haven’t been here for like-how many months? Three months? And the last time I checked you told he went to Okinawa to intrude her wedding. He’s still whipped.”

“I’m not whipped over her. Anymore.”

“I hang out with Suah yesterday and she was talking how the wedding was like. I saw the picture, that man wasn’t so bad. Surely better than you.” Jongdae nonchalantly said, didn’t even care if he offended him.

But what he didn’t know, he offended two persons at the same time.

“Yoo Suah?” Chanyeol asked, with a disbelief tone.

“What? Just because she’s your ex-girlfriend, doesn’t mean I couldn’t hang out with her.”

“Why are you back anyway? Go back to Italy, go backpacking the whole Europe for whole year and rip your rich parents money, don’t ever come back.” Chanyeol snapped.

With a soft pat on his shoulder, Baekhyun whispered in Jongdae’s ear. “Grow up.”

“You guys are so not going to get any souvenirs from me!”

~~~

Monday came in the blink of an eye.

Baekhyun massaged his sore neck, when he felt the muscles strained from the long hours of sitting still, looking at the laptop. His whole body was aching actually, so he decided to just wrap it up and leaned against the soft cushion. His eyes finally gotten its rest after a lot of hours spent staring into the bright light but the peace didn’t last long when his phone rang.

“Yeah?” he answered.

“Tell him to come over right away.”  He heard a sigh escaped Chanyeol’s lips after the soft voice insisted him. Baekhyun began to wonder whose  voice was that belong to but Chanyeol beat him to it before he could ask.

“Can you come to my café now? She wants to meet you.”

The clock on the wall showed that it’s fifteen minutes past four o’clock when he left his apartment. He drove anxiously because he knew who wanted to meet him and meeting her is probably a bad idea or even worse, it could be a disastrous idea.

He nodded his head as a greet when Chanyeol saw him walking in but without saying anything, Chanyeol straightaway pointed to the direction while he was wiping the wet dishes by the bar.

“Hi. What’s up?” Baekhyun reluctantly sat opposite of the woman who looked back at him tenderly as she said ‘hi.’ in response.

It took a while before Yerin actually spoken up her intention, and Baekhyun was so done with her bull trying to lighten the tense atmosphere between them that he believed, it can never went away when they were together.

He couldn’t bring himself from stopping to look at the clock from time to time, afraid that she would took his time away from the said place that he and Hana had promised to meet. He can’t this up just by the mere presence of Yerin.

“I don’t know where to turn to. To talk about this. I just figured that you are the only one who has an idea who Hana is so-“

“So?” he didn’t want to beat around the bush. If she wanted to say something, then say it.

“I found out Jongin has been meeting Hana a lot lately. She was Jongin’s ex-girlfriend, Baek.” As if he didn’t knew that any better.

“So?” he repeated.

“You were okay with it?”

“She was okay with the fact I’m your ex-boyfriend!”

“Then, you’re okay with her meeting my husband frequently? They’re ex-lovers!”

Baekhyun huffed, trying to be patient for once because he was aware he was in his best friend’s café and he was sure Chanyeol was not going to be happy if they make a ruckus here. “What’s the difference with you meeting me right here?” he asked, standing up but Yerin stopped him.

“Only you could comfort me. I thought you have let it go, with what happened between us.”

“I did.”

“Then, it shouldn’t get in our way now, right?”

She boldly went for a hug, her head rested on his chest while he could feel her hands clutching on his clothes, like old times they used to do that. Baekhyun was in contemplation between pushing her away and letting it be but he went for the latter, didn’t have the idea that his decision just made his date went to nowhere.

He saw Chanyeol widening his eyes in shock at the scene but even Chanyeol knew how Yerin’s persistency couldn’t be stopped. She always gets what she wants.

~~~

Baekhyun knew he made a mistake. But he didn’t want to believe he had just missed it.

He sped his car to the restaurant like his life depended on it.  It was way past the time they had promised to meet but he didn’t care. He approached the entrance only to be stopped by one of the staffs that said “We’re about to close, sir.”

“Yeah.” He replied, nodding in understanding.

Only then he could accept the fact that he really didn’t make it.

 

Baekhyun knew he made a mistake.

That’s why he was in front of Hana’s office building the first thing in the morning. He could have expected what would be coming in his way, he took a deep breath before he got out of h

Please log in to read the full chapter