4: Who are you?

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Who are you?

The party was cut short unfortunately after the incident, with the whole hotel was informed about the mere accident from the siren that came from the emergency team. The woman, who then Hyeri told that it was Yerin’s (Jongin’s fiancée) aunt, caused Yerin to think they shouldn’t continue on with the party when her aunt was injured.

Traumatized, that’s what it is.

After the whole scene was slowly fading when everyone headed out, sending her off to the ambulance, for a second, I snorted when reminded back of the scene that happened a moment before.

But I can’t help but realized how Jongin tried to get my attention, darting his eyes to me at every chance he got to.

On this bright sunny morning - two days before the wedding - I ended up hang out with Hyeri in a room she was provided with all the wedding preparations needed. She babbled on Yerin’s aunt, gossiping like there was no tomorrow which I listened intently to. I was sure Jinae wouldn’t have believed I could even be a feet near this girl.

What caught my attention was when she said that how the fire started wasn’t an accident start from the woman itself. It came from somebody else.

“She was cursing all the way to the hospital, saying she would kill the guy once she sees him. He was gone the second the fire was spreading-“

“Who’s this guy she’s talking about?” I cut her.

“I don’t know.” She shrugged. That was weird because Hyeri seemed to know everyone here. “I tried to ask Yerin but she didn’t really want to talk about it.” Noticing how I'm letting the topic off, she changed the topic. “What do you think of the dress?” She dragged the big dress out and hung it in front of me before she joined me on the couch.

“It’s beautiful.” I commented shortly.

“It’s hand tailored. It took six months to finish.” But we broke up slightly over a year ago. “I suggest I would take this away from you.” Without me realizing, I might just look like a creepy ex-girlfriend holding tight on a pair of scissors.

“Oh. I wouldn’t think of that.”

“You sure?” she chuckled.

“May…be?” I chuckled as well before I casually took the ice cream cup on the table and had a spoon of it, my eyes glued on the dress. “I wonder which washing method is suitable for this kind of fabric. Dry cleaning?” I asked, smacking my lips from the stains.

“What a random thought you got there.” Hyeri stated as she later stood up, and worked with some other stuffs.

I took a closer look on the dress and it would be a lie if I say I never had any intention on ruining it.

“Hana, since you’re an interior-” She turned around. “HANA!!”

It was a stupid act. I just wasted my macha flavoured ice cream. It was so damn stupid but I felt damn good. “WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?” she yelled.

“That’s why I ask.” I pulled my lips into thin line and displayed my teeth into an awkward smile. “It kind of need some washing.” Hyeri looked like she was about to explode any seconds, face red, heaving huffs in rhythm and I couldn’t think of anything else except I was so in trouble. “Maybe I should just go.” I nonchalantly said and walked out.

“I’m so sorry.” I said in reflex when I met into a sturdy body as I was rushing walking away from the raging Hyeri. I almost had a smile on my face because I’ve never thought I would have guts to do that. Just as I was contemplating between the guilt and the pleasure I’m having, the sound of my name being called stunned me.

“Hana.”

It was surprising to know that there was somebody else I know here but the voice stood me still.

“Hana?”

I slowly turned around and it was such nerve-wrecking to actually really see him closely like this. “Hi." I feigned a cheerful look, my laughter sounded so fake that I want to hit myself so bad. "I don’t really get to congratulate you yet.”

“That’s okay.” He smiled.

That smile.

“I called you the other day.”

“Yeah. I got your message.” I replied immediately. Not long after that, my eyes found the floor much more interesting.

It still hurts.

“I would like to have a chat with you, you know but I need to talk to Hyeri for a while-“

“Go ahead.”

“Would you wait?”

That hopeful look. His eyes were screaming for me to agree and who could turn down that look, honestly. I smiled softly at him. “Sure.”

~~~

“How are you?” he asked, once in a while blurt out a question to ease the awkward atmosphere during our silent walk towards the yard somewhere in the hotel territory. The spot was hidden and I wonder how often he had been here by himself to this eerie place which looked like soon to have a new concrete building up.

Is there anything bothering him? Is it the wedding?

“I’m doing good. How about you?” I directed back the question to him. How awkward did that sound?

He chuckled. “As you can see.”

“Glad to know.” I kept my eyes down all the time, my fingers were fiddling with my blouse out of nervousness.

“Hana.” I glanced up to his face, saw him now leaning against the trunk of the tree, watching me intently. “I thought you wouldn’t come.”

The latter part of the sentence sounded off to me because suddenly, the sound of rustling distracted me away and it caught my attention. I was sure the bushes seemed to be moving over there and I couldn’t help but feel intrigued to find out. There was

Please log in to read the full chapter