8: Moving on

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Moving on.

His nonchalance and obliviousness impressed me. Yerin was caught off guard gaping at this shocking coincidence and Jongin hard eyes on Baekhyun didn’t went unnoticed as well. Don’t even mention me, I was just waiting for him to look at me so that I can let him know how much I want to chop off his head right at that moment.

What was he thinking? 

“Would you excuse us for a moment?” I spoke, as I turned my body towards Baekhyun and pushed him away from the married couple but at the same time, glanced over my shoulder once in a while, flashing the brightest smile I had.

“Congratulations!” Baekhyun managed to yell and waving obnoxiously, while I pushed him with all my might so that we could be out of the crowded place soon enough because we were really gathering the attention from all the guests. Not to mention, Baekhyun wasn’t being normal enough either. “Hope you are blessed for your whole life like I am blessed to have her.” He pointed at me.

Oh shut up.

“You look like you want to swear at me.”

Lucky enough, he’s not so impulsive accepting Yerin’s invitation to the triple date thing. You should count yourself lucky.

“Hana?”

I can’t even imagine myself if he did. I mean, we just met for like - what? Two days? And for sure, I’m not going to see this Byun Baekhyun anymore once I left the land of Okinawa and get back to my normal, dull routine in Seoul.

If this spreads to Jinae - ugh. I don’t even want to think about it.

Baekhyun called for me one more time, and this time I turned around and face him, I saw a slight look of intimidation as he flinched when we met eyes. Now he knows what he did was wrong, did he?

“You have no idea.” I muttered and he smiled. He just ing smile!

“I - I just wanted to congratulate them myself and I can’t just came up to them when I wasn’t invited.”

“So you’re using me?”

“Partially but you’re welcome.” He raised his eyebrows, only to have me knitted my eyebrows back at him for his unexpected reply.

“For what?”

He stepped ahead closer to me. “I see more than you thought I’ve seen. I wasn’t called a creeper for no reason.” And now, he looks like a real creeper.

“But you can’t just act so impulsive! Making a shocking entrance, telling them we’re dating-“

“Correction. They assumed. “He emphasized.

“Anybody would think of that! And it's fine for you, because you have no connection or whatsoever with Yerin but Jongin is totally going to talk about it to Kyungsoo and Jinae and then she’s going to question about it and what am I going to do? Searching for another boyfriend substitution and have him called Byun Baekhyun?” I ranted, my hands flailing like crazy and I don’t give a because I’m just so angry with him!

“Make sure you find a really decent man because it’s Byun Baekhyun you’re talking about.”

“I’m being absolute serious right here, Baekhyun!” I scolded.

I saw his face immediately fell, Í looked down and I felt like a little kid, who lost her parents in the middle of shopping mall. And I’m 25. That was an absolutely pathetic sight. “Or I just have to say that it isn’t true and I have to admit,“ I brought my face up and his stoic expression made him unreadable. “I still…love him.”

A tear escaped as the words slipped past my lips and another escaped and it kept flowing, I’ve became a crying mess. My eye makeup was probably smudged and I didn’t even bother to wipe the tears on my cheeks or the snots I had.

It wasn't like I’m going to meet him again. We’re strangers. He probably going to remember me as someone he bumped into during Yerin’s wedding when he wanted to talk about it

Please log in to read the full chapter