13: My type

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 13: My type.

“Goodnight, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun drove me back to my apartment complex later that night, the night ended with exchanged greeting before I retreated myself into the building. “I can say I’ll be seeing you around, right?”

I turned my head around to see him, and as my feet didn’t halt its way towards the entrance, I walked backwards as I made a thinking look but teasing him went into the vain when I stumbled on the steps behind me. .

I cleared my throat as if it could hid the embarrassment. “It depends.”

His lips jutted out into what it seemed like a pout, supressing on his laughter but his eyes were sparkled as it turned into the adorable thin line. “Then, see you.”

How much more embarrassing can I be?

Seriously, I was never born to look like those beautiful, charming and graceful lady. I am nothing but a clumsy mess.

I released the frustration in me on abusing the elevator button to my floor level. I ended up making this weird whine sound and softly knock my head against the wall, for no reason. Or so I thought.

How can he be an annoying one second and another, he was being all warm and fuzzy?

I was met with a dark apartment when I stepped in, and as I pulled my shoes off and placed it inside the rack, I looked around, wondering if Sehun wasn’t home. The light from the kitchen brought me there and I saw a cup of coffee on the table with a bunch of brochures scattered around.

“Sehun?” I called him, my hands trailing on the papers. It was brochures on courses offered in the university. And here I thought, he didn’t want to go to school.

“What are you doing?” he screeched, and snatched the brochures away from me. “I’ll talk to you later.” He talked to the other line before hanging up. “Dahee is the one who keep annoying me with all these. I was just looking through it.”

“So, is there any that you are interested?”

“I told you I’m not going.” He picked the cup from the table and brought it to the sink for a wash, and avoided to make an eye contact with me no matter what.

“If this is about the money that you’re concerning about-“

“It’s not.”

“I have savings aside.”

“Didn’t you hear me?” Sehun snapped, his hand on the hip as he leaned against the kitchen counter. “Just keep that aside for yourselves. I’m doing fine on my own. Live your life, Hana. It’s about time.”

~~~

“Does it even make sense? He asked me to stop worrying about him.” I muttered through the phone while ordering a drink before getting back to office. It was about lunchtime when I left my client’s place after I made sure everything was under control, so here I am heading back to the office with more works piling on my table.

I heard Jinae’s typing away her own work while speaking to me because that’s just us, if we don’t actually had time to meet and talk, we would end up being on the phone. It’s just that way. It’s not like I have somebody else to talk to.

“I guess Sehun has grown up.”

“That’s what I’m saying. I feel proud but at the same time, I feel like I’m losing my baby brother.” I replied and smiled at the cashier when my order is done. “The next thing I know he’s going to get married.”

“Aren’t you being a little bit too possessive?”

“I’m not. What’s going to happen to me if my brother gets married first? I’m going to end up becoming an old spinster.” Bump. “Ack.” I rubbed my forehead and looked up to see who I bumped into. Jongin.

I heard Jinae’s voice on the other line but I can’t get a grip of any of what she said at all. I was too caught up, in between too shock seeing the familiar face and admiring his good looks.

“Are you still there, Hana?”

“Ah…um…er…erm.” For all that I know, my phone wasn’t by my ear anymore after that and I did what I should do when I bumped into someone I knew. “Hello, Jongin.”

“Is bumping into each other the only way we ever going to meet?” There’s a glimpse of playfulness in his tone but I couldn’t get myself to be humoured by it.

“Are you…alone?” I asked, looking around to see for any of his company. What am I even expecting?

He glanced to the back before pointing. “I’m with Kyungsoo.”

“Hana.”

“Kyungsoo.” I waved a little. “I better he-“

“Hmm,” Kyungsoo’s contemplation took my attention and I was wondering if it was indicating to me. “Are you in rush?”

 

Of course, speak about the most obvious person in the world, Kyungsoo would have noticed how indifferent Jinae had been, trying to control her emotion from bursting but at the same time, she could never hid it. If not, Kyungsoo wouldn’t have gone as far as coming to me.

If I hadn’t had taken these people seriously, I would have laugh it off because of how adorable they are being right now. Only if they would just talk it out among themselves, it wouldn’t have been so conflicted. What are they, 15 years old?

“She feels neglected because you’re so busy nowadays. You,” I just decided to pull a trigger just in case it might hit the right target. And I’ll be the first to castrate him right here right then. “aren’t doing anything funny behind Jinae, right?”

“F-funny? What do you mean funny?” he asked, too flustered that his big eyes bulged like it’s going to fall off if he went any wider.

“We know better than anyone else that anything like that wouldn’t happen between them. They’re so in love with each other.” Jongin spoke. That’s

Please log in to read the full chapter