3: Sabotage

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Sabotage

Ding!

I put on the widest smile I was able to when I saw the hotel staff stood at the front door of my suite, reflecting the friendly look back at me. We stayed like that for a few seconds before I started to frown and gave him a question look.

I don’t even want to try my Japanese. I’ve had enough of making myself a joke for the big part of my life.

As if he was struck out of his own reverie, he handed me a card. An invitation card. He babbled something in Japanese with that wide smile plastered over his face and I didn’t even bother to get the information he tried to send to me.

Right when he finished his sentences, I managed to say a quick ‘Arigatou.’ and shut the door to look at the content.

A pre-wedding event. Wow.

I looked through the card and the more I think about the whole thing, the more I felt the less I started to know about Jongin. Guess his life got a whole lot better after I was gone from his life.

Upon throwing off the card, landed somewhere on my bed, I headed to my luggage and search for the suitable dress I could work on to be at the party. Ever since I’ve arrived to this hotel and make myself a step closer to him, the more doubts started to rise in me. Was this really a good choice?

Maybe Jinae was right?

My phone rang by then and speaking of the devil, “Hello?”

“Hana! Where are you?” she asked.

“Where else? Okinawa, of course.” I nonchalantly answered, my phone snuck in between my ear and my shoulder while my hands were busying digging up my luggage.

“Do you think you would be alright?” I would have gotten annoyed by her question because the thing I hated the most would be people pitying on me but I guess this time was acceptable because she wasn’t in my sight. Her tone sounded concern and I couldn’t help but to think no matter how much I sometimes felt Kyungsoo was taking my best friend away, she would always stay right next to me.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked back and I could hear a sigh, somewhat relief? Or maybe indicating she didn’t know what to do with my stubbornness anymore? “Ya Jinae, what should I wear? They have this some kind of pre-wedding party tonight and I don’t know what to wear.” I said as I took my clothes out one by one.

“A pre-wedding party. Not even a bachelorette party?”

“Who knows? Maybe not yet.”

“Wow, I guess they take it to a grand scale.”

“I didn’t know Jongin make a lot of money nowadays.” I ended lying on my bed instead, continuing the phone call.

“I don’t know. From what Kyungsoo said, I heard her fiancee came from a chaebol family. Maybe this party is like some kind of welcoming party on her family side to all the important guests.”

“It must have been hard.”

“Right? Living ordinary like us is the best.”

“But he didn’t think so.”

“He loves her. That’s not something to be measured when you love someone so bad, right?”

“Really? That’s the first time I heard you told me that.”

A thought that all this while I was the only one that had been out of Jongin’s life, but not even my best friend struck me. She had never told me that she had met Jongin or hanging out or maybe even went out for a meal together, of course she would have done that when his boyfriend was Jongin’s friend. If it was possible for Kyungsoo to have a meal with me, why wouldn’t Jinae?

 

I ended up in a casual strapless floral patterned dress, rolling small parts of my hair on both sides and pin it at the back of my head. I came to th

Please log in to read the full chapter