2: Realisation

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Realisation

Uhm Jinae.

I mumbled a few curses with the name in the same line all the way throughout while I was getting ready for work. When I stepped into the office, I trudged to her desk the first thing, and not caring that she was discussing some stuffs with one of our employees, I gripped on her wrist and pulled her with me.

“You have a lot of explanation to do, .” I saw Jinae shrank under my gaze when she heard the rage in my tone, as well whispering “What did I do?”, frightened by the whole façade I’m putting on.

I dumped my bags on the leather chair, taking a deep breathing and released it out because getting to work with public transport had always been hell. My hands were on my hip and I turned around to watch the woman, who was blinking frequently, couldn’t expect what was about to come.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.

“What?”

I slipped my hand into my bag and threw the card on my desk. She charged forward in curiosity and her eyes went wide when she saw the exact same card that gave her a headache. “He did not just-“

“He did.” I corrected her.  “You must have known this way before me. Kyungsoo is his ultimate best friend and probably he’s going to make him the best man and you would have gone to the wedding with him and you’re planning to go without me knowing?”

“I was about to tell you-“

“When?”

She sighed. “I’m not going. Kyungsoo couldn’t make it to his wedding at that time so I don’t have to go.”

“If you just feel inflicted by me-“

“No.” she made herself clear. “I don’t have a reason to go if Kyungsoo isn’t going. You’re my friend. Hana, this isn’t a choice right?”  The latter part of the sentence directed to the invitation.

“I’m going.”

“Don’t! Are you insane?”

“Well, he’s insane enough to give me his wedding invitation.”

“You’re going to make a fool out of yourself. I don’t think you could hold yourself back so don’t get into trouble. It’s good for both of you.”

“That’s why I need to go. I want to prove it to you that I’m totally over him. Why is it so hard for everyone to believe that I’m completely over him? Do I seem like I’m still stuck in the break up drama that has been a year ago? It’s been a year!” I emphasized on the time that has passed. “If he could progress this much in a year, I'm pretty much could do the same. I can do the same. I don’t need any man to live and I don’t need love to be happy. Depending on someone who had promised to give all of him had weakened me and I need to stand up again and be the strong woman I used to be.” 

Jinae didn’t give any response to it but the look she gave, the pity gaze I hate made me look away.

“Go away.” I waved her off. “I need to get a flight ticket to Okinawa.” I stared back at her after I said that. “Is his fiancée a Japanese?”

“No.”

“Duh, is it that romantic to get married at Okinawa?” I mocked at their typical choice of wedding spot.

“You used to think of it that way.”

“Not anymore!”

She took a few seconds before muttering “You sure?” lowly to me.She meant the decision I was making as for now and her tone was making me less confident than how I was this morning when I thought about it.

“I am.”

Well, I was not exactly as rational as I mentioned to Jinae earlier on. The whole day passed on me with the thoughts playing inside my mind, even until when one staff of mine came to remind me of my appointment, I actually cancel it off and put a line to everyone from getting near to my room with an excuse I needed a space for inspiration.

More like an inspiration to ruin my ex-boyfriend’s wedding.

He sure made a wrong decision inviting me.

Maybe I had a tiny bit intention to see him miserable. As stupid as it sounded, I had another tab on my laptop aside from online flight ticket purchases web, which I googled “How to ruin your ex’s wedding?” and damn, reading through the blog posts, I wasn't the only one that was stucked in the break up phase.

There were so much more pathetic cases than I was. That did made me feel good.

“Hana.”

I ignored the call, squeezing my brain out for another method to make the wedding ended up worse. If they didn’t end up getting married, that’ll be better.

5. Rip her wedding dress off. P.S Without raising any suspicion of course.

There was just one thing about a species name woman. Every woman in the world wanted the best wedding they could have. They wanted it to be perfect, to be the day of their life they would smile upon when they were reminded of it. Couldn’t blame it though, wedding happened only once.

Of course, only for the lucky ones.

So, as I was thinking, that was when it’ll lead to worse. They started to believe in the most ridiculous superstitions. Women are dramatic types, and having continuous bad signs will make them freak out.

Then, the possibility for the wedding to be call off would be higher.

I started to smile to myself when I came to that conclusion. I do know how to use my brain properly.

“Oh Hana.”

“What?” I groaned, angry that I was being interrupted. Didn’t I make it clear not to have anyone intrude my territory?

“It’s already passed 6. Dinner?” Jinae raised her eyebrows, I did nothing but blinking and stared at her. “Hurry, Kyungsoo is waiting outside!”

I gave a thought for a mere second before I stood up and straightened my skirt. “Okay.”

 

“….They have to it off from another person’s belly button.”

“That’s disgusting.” Jinae chimed a reply in disgusted face with her adoring eyes, as if she couldn’t get enough of him. Both of them can never get over each other. Anyone that sees them would have probably thought they are the match from heaven and being the third wheeler I am at most of the time, I sure think they do.

Why didn’t they decide to get married just yet? None of them ever raised a topic about that. Weird but that was their business I shouldn’t be concerned about.

“So, you’re going out of the country soon for another conference?” I asked, trying to make them realize my presence before they could go further in their world of fluffiness. I just had to do that every time I see them starting to touch each other. It was just awkward, for my part.

“Yes, I am.” I was aware of the sign from the look of Kyungsoo’s face to Jinae as he replied me, probably wondering if I had known the news of Jongin’s wedding. The smile he gave as if I was stupid enough

Please log in to read the full chapter