12: Only then, life will get better

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

[This is a double update. Don't miss the previous chapter.]

Chapter 12: Only then, life will get better.

Did I ever say how annoying Baekhyun’s victorious grin was that I felt like biting it off his face?

Yikes. That sounds so wrong.

Anyway, that sheepish grin was the first thing I saw when I stepped into the meeting room and both of us, stared at each other, mind playing with all sorts of thoughts at each other. I didn’t know him but I did. The earlier question just proved my point.

I almost forgot Jinae and this- I looked at him from head to toe and I have to say, he was like the typical kdrama hero look-alike- extremely tall man with sticking out ears were in the same room with us, and only realized when Jinae’s hand stretched out towards Baekhyun, breaking the gaze he had on me.

We had a meeting smoothly. Baekhyun played along when I acted like we met for the first time, despite I realized how he made this “Oh, interesting” face at my act. I hate him to guts for that because that just made the whole thing more uncomfortable. And make me look…stupid?

Damn, why am I stuttering?

“How about we set for another appointment if that’s okay with you, Mr Park?” I said as I was filling in all the information into my book, making everything clearer for me to start my work. “We can talk about the materials then, or any changes that you want to make, and also a better structured draft like what you’ve asked and then, we’ll see how it goes.”

“Ye-“

“That’ll be delightful.” Baekhyun interrupted.

“Cool.” I replied, flashed an annoyed fake smile at him before turning my attention back to Chanyeol. “I’ll send my staff, Minji in to set a date where we’ll both could make it.”

 

“Fishy. Something smells fishy.”

Now that has passed office hours, after our meeting, Jinae actually made herself comfortable sitting on my table, dangling her legs while munching on my gummy bears.

“You’re craving for sashimi or something?” I grabbed a piece out of the jar in her hand.

“No!” her bulging eyes surprised me. “It’s you!” Now, she’s poking me just to annoy the hell out of me. “What did I miss about this man?”

I rolled my eyes. “Nothing.”

She was about to say something but her phone’s ringtone interrupted us and I’m grateful, not because I like running away from confrontation but before any of what we’re talking about this stranger named Byun Baekhyun- who told me a fact how fateful our meeting was a few days ago-getting ridiculous, I’d rather have this beautiful best friend of mine leave.

Sighing, she took out her phone and sigh another time as she slid the green button.

“You’re sighing because your boyfriend calls. That’s new!” I commented and she scrunched her nose at me in irritation. “I’m leaving.” She mouthed, getting all set before leaving me all alone inside my office.

“Don’t forget to switch off everything. I’m not going to be happy if we have to pay extra for electricity bill.”

“Yes, ma’am.” I shouted, not bothered if she heard it or not.

~~~

It’s going to be a long night.

I’m not a fan of working overtime but since I asked for it, then I can do nothing about it. Things that should done tonight, should be done by tonight. I heaved a heavy breath out, make a walk towards the bus stop as the sun began to set.

What I didn’t expect was-

“Want a ride?”

“Baekhyun? What are you still doing here?”

He shrugged from inside his car. “Thought you might need a ride.”

~~~

“This looks pretty.”

“And I don’t need that.” I snatched the tapestry from him and put it back onto the pile. He touched almost every single thing inside the shop and I’m just worried that he might bring trouble because his

Please log in to read the full chapter