Home Sweet, Not.

Just Wait, Taemin!

I walked through high snow in my winter boots, I was still searching for a job since I got back from Korea a month ago and It wasn't doing too good. I walked into a small cafe and the bell on the door chimed, I found my way over to the counter and a younger girl greeted me. I explained about my job search and she happily handed me a application, I ordered a tea and headed over to a booth.

I filled out my information and checked off boxes, it only took me a few seconds before I was done. I sat quietly drinking my tea, taking my time to look out the window; the winter had come quickly this season and the snow was proof. People held their coats close to them and walked with the wind in their faces, I couldn't feel happier to be indoors.

I had been home for a month already and I felt emotionless, my mom had been making big dinners and I didn't hesitate to pig out. I had gained some weight as well, and all I was wearing were sweat pants and baggy tee shirts.

I stayed contact with Selene since I left, but all she did was tell me what Taemin was doing. So far he has been recruited with We Got Married and episodes in he was paired with Naeun, I wasn't surprised. I found myself tuning into Key's fan streams once in while, dying to just be next to one of those guys again.

I stood up from my booth handing in my application to the girl at the counter and bracing myself for the walk home. The wind whipped at my face sending my hair flying in the wind, I tried to walk in the snow with easy and didn't fall on my face even once. I was in front of my house in a few minutes, I opened the door and stomped off my boots and stepped out of them. I looked for my slippers, being use to them since Korea I gave up walked through my house in my socks.

"Pheobe? There's a call on the answering machine, not sure what it says; it's in Korean." My mother smiled at me as I made my way to the machine hitting the play button. At first it was just a breathing sound before the voice called out my name;

"Ph, how've you been? I tried to stop from calling you, I know you're still ignoring my calls and emails." Taemin's voice seemed strained and timid. "Give me a sign that you're alright..Please Ph." The machine beeped and I felt tears running down my face.

"Taeminie.." I sat in front of the machine wrapping my arms around my legs neatly. His voice made it hard to move on from Korea.

"I knew you were coming home, but I didn't expect you to run away from him." I was startled by my mom's voice behind me.

"Run away?" I looked at her, the things she was saying didn't help.

"You spent eight years head over heels for a Foreign star, and on that either year your running away from him? What a twisted turn of events." The look on her face was loving and at the same time judgmental.

"You don't get it. We were on different levels, and I even hurt someone else for the gain. Could you feel right standing next to him?"

"I'm standing next to your father aren't I? He was head of my company, I made my way to the top and now were married with a beautiful and Talented Daughter."

I was wrapped into my mothers arms like a child again, she knew it was well as I did and I would have to face it sooner or later.

--

It took me three days to work up the courage and decide on my words before I called Taemin, I stayed up all night for this one chance. I tapped Taemin's number into my phone and waited for the tone to finish playing, on the last ring he picked up.

"Hello, um who is calling?" Taemin's voice filled my ears he sounded groggy.

"Would you believe it was me?" I asked quietly into the phone.

It took a few seconds before he recognized my voice." Ph! It's so late there, why aren't you sleeping?" Taemin's voice suddenly became concerned.

"I should be, but I had to call you. We need to talk."

"Listening.."

"I uh, I'm sorry for how it all ended. I felt like I wasn't on the same level." I took a deep breath before continuing. "I felt like I wasted eight years when I got home, frankly I miss the coffee machine and the amount of snow Seoul gets this time of year. I didn't keep my promise with Onew oppa to get coffee, and I miss the way I learned to dance for you."

The line was silent for a few seconds, he had been sorting out his words before speaking out for me. "Is that all you miss? You don't miss Chihye or Key? Do you miss the way I would wait for you every morning by that said coffee machine?" He paused briefly," I guess what I'm asking is, do you miss me at all?"

"I have since the minute I got on that plane.."

"Then why did you leave me?"

"I was scared.."

"Scared of what? SM, Key or were you afraid of being stuck in the same job?"

"I didn't like my job anymore! I loathed not being on equal grounds with you! I felt like I wasn't good enough!"

"You let your fears control you, call me when you're the girl I met years ago."

With that the line went dead and my mouth hung open in shock, I had never heard such tone from Taemin ever. I hung up and placed my phone on the bed next to me, " I think I just got a wake up call.."