Fashion Show

Just Wait, Taemin!

I remember wondering what I got myself into, this wasn't just a modeling job. I was paired up with a partner who hasn't showed up. I walked around in my robe trying to wrap my head around the situation, the show was about to start in a few hours and I wasn't dressed yet. I walked into the dressing room and leaned over onto the table, my heart was racing and I felt sick to my stomach.

A knock on the door startled me, Taemin and Minho walked in and handed me flowers. I took them with a smile and placed them on the table. I paced a little bit back and forth before my eyes landed on Taemin, time to put on the charm.

"Taeminnie~" I walked over to him with a cute face on.

"Weebey~" He copied my tone perfectly.

"You look best in red, could you fill in for me?"

"I don't wear dresses." He chucked along with Minho.

"I'm supposed to have a partner in a red tux, the one still hanging up over there. Please. I'll do anything for you." I pleaded him.

So that's how I managed to get Taemin in a tux and I had someone doing his hair. I slipped behind the dressing curtain and slipped into my creation, it fit like a glove. I adjusted the strap and the skirt to sit on my hips better, I felt nervous.

It had one strap which held up the top part which was decorated with a burgundy studs, holding the skirt to the top were several black straps and a red mesh under it covering my stomach. The skirt was sleek like a draped curtain, I wore black pearls and stepped out of the curtain to get on with my make up. I leaned close to the mirror giving myself a light grey Smokey eye and thick liner, I noticed Taemin staring out of the corner of my eye and smiled to myself.

My hair was pulled over one shoulder and fastened with a red top hat with a small black veil. I took a deep breath and walked over to check on Taemin, he had his hair pushed back behind his ears and the red tux draped off his frame lightly. I nodded at him with a smile, and pulled him out of his chair and walked around him.

"You look great in red!" I squealed a bit, causing him to erupt in laughter.

"You clean up wonderfully, a bit better than Selene. Don't tell her I said that." He winked at me before putting out a hand for me to take lightly.

We left the room and peoples eyes back stage directed to us, Minho's eyes almost fell out of his head when he saw me. I wasn't expecting to see Key in front of me, he had a smug smile on his face like always before looking at Taemin.

"All that dancing paid off, you look a little skinnier. Or it could be because your showing off skin for the first time." I blushed and lightly pushed Key.

I stood at the curtain nervously in front of Taemin, who seemed unrealistically calm. The coordinator told me I was next and I began to step forward. I don't know where the confidence came from, but I walked down the stage like I had practiced with Key and stopped at the end. Cameras flashing and a few surprised expressions I was joined by Taemin, his hand lightly sat around my waist as we posed like it was natural.

Taemin suddenly picked me up bridal style causing me to blush and people began to cheer loudly as he walked back up the walk way and put me back on my feet and we continued back stage. I was still flustered when we made it to the other side and I punched his shoulder lightly.

"Ya! How about warning next time~" I said looking at my shoes.

"It was Key hyungs idea. They seemed to like it." He said grabbing my hand again and pulling me to the dressing room where we would wait until the end of the show.

I longed for his hand in mine, his arm around my waist again. I wasn't expecting a crowd when I walked out of the dressing room for a second time, the whole SHINee crew stood in front of me joined by Chihye who was giving me looks.

"Now I see why you weren't at the airport. Damn you clean up nice. You could have any guy." Chihye smiled softly at me.

I wasn't too excited to see her again, " Almost any guy, almost." I joked with her.

Taemin took the opportunity to greet her and I walked to the curtain for the full stage. There must have been a look on my face, my fellow model told me to smile a bit. It was supposed to be my night, I was supposed to get his attention not her.

"This is stylist Pheobe, you know her as the stylist for new idol Chihye. Her partner tonight was filled in by SHINee's Taemin. They make a cute couple right?" The MC teased as I waved.

"This is her first creation her worked hard on for a total of seven days. She even slept on the sewing table some nights. Give her a hand!"

--

I sat in my causal dress in front of the dressing room table. My head was resting on the palm of my hands as I looked at myself. It would be the first and last time I would be able to live the life as a model, I began to wipe my make up off. I began to cry again, it seemed like I cried more than smiled these days. The door opened to Key stepping in closing the door behind him, I quickly wiped my tears.

"How come I always find you crying alone?" He sighed and sat down next to me pulling a make up wipe out of the container and lightly cleaning my face for me as I hiccuped while crying.

"It's supposed to be my night. Why did she have to show up? I wanted him to look at me. I'm so selfish."

"It was your night, every one was looking at you. Whether Taemin was looking or not doesn't matter. I was looking at you, the crowd was looking at you." Key's face seemed down.

I just stayed quiet as he wiped the rest of my make up off and made sure no more tears fell from my eyes. We both walked out of the dressing room and passed the gang, they noticed and followed behind us. I refused to take the van home with them and resorted to the bus, I needed a round on the bus.

Three hours later I was standing in my living room, I had missed calls from Key and Chihye. I slumped onto my couch and let out a sigh. I the television and watched some old Korean drama before falling asleep on the couch.