CHAPTER 8

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 8[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"I don’t know how to start moving my pen and finish writing your story; The closer I want to get to you, the more painful and tragic it is" [/CONTENTID2]
 

[CONTENTID3]

            Sena wakes up to a cold bed with empty arms. She feels a pang of disappointment written on her racing heart, but also a warm, fulfilling content. The bittersweet emotion was foreign to her, and replaced the usually vacant and detached feelings she was used to. The blonde sees that her laptop had been put up neatly, and she was neatly tucked inside her blanket, instead of it being messily strewn over her lanky body like usual. 

 

            Lu Han must've done this before he left for school. Sena sighs, treading her long, white fingers in her thin blonde locks. She eyes the clock, surprised by how late it was. She remembers that it's a Tuesday, panic eating her inside as she realizes the award ceremony was in five days. 

 

            She had to tell them now. 

 

            The teenager's mind races with possible scenarios, none of them pleasant. Her mother and father finally meet, and then what? After their toxic divorce, the formerly wed couple had never been on good terms with each other, and didn't try the least to conceal their disdain. Not to mention, there was definitely a few peers in Ace Academy that she'd rather not have interact with her family. Her eyes harden, displeasure oozing out of her, as she thinks of a certain classmate.  

 

            Whatever happens, she was determined to make sure he doesn't lay a single finger on them.  

 

            It was for the best that way. 

 

            With the abundance of money and influence Yifan wields, there was no doubt he already knows about her situation through bribing government officials, and the chances of him not having a plan up his sleeve to disrupt her life was zero to none. The boy was merciless, and would cut off his own arm to take her place in the ranks. Sure, she has made many enemies in her life—but the most dangerous one by far was Wu Yifan. 

 

            Sena grits her teeth, but there was nothing she could do. Knowing her mother, she wouldn't miss the ceremony for anything in the world—after all, the ex socialite still feels guilty about not being there for Sena as a mother for all these years, and had a strong desire to make it up for her, no matter how much Sena reassures her that it was fine. Groaning, the pale girl heads to her bathroom to clean up. 

 

            She could almost grasp the headache she knows is about to come. But, like water, no matter how big her palms were, it slips through her fingers like nothing, until she eventually drowns in it. 

 

 

 

 

            Lu Han spots Sena in the exact position she was yesterday, in the front of the school gates, leaning on her red Lamborghini, a bored expression worn, both hands in her pockets. It was like déjà vu, with the crowd of kids and all. He sees how some would dare to walk up to her, confident at first, but then shot down by her ice cold glares and untouchable presence. Traces of the timid, blushing girl last night was erased by her arrogant stance, and frowning red lips.  

 

            Sehun's voice trails off, as he sees his twin sister. The two haven't made up yet, and from the looks of it, didn't plan to in the near future. The ebony haired boy's mouth curls downwards, the happy atmosphere crumbling down like dominos. The rest of his friends exchange glances, slowly connecting the dots. 

 

            "So, uhh...Sehun, did you tell your sister we have practice today?" Suho awkwardly asks.  

 

            "I forgot." The twin brother pulls away from his soccer mates, and walks briskly to Sena. He mutters tense words to her, and although the two of them looked calm and composed, their eyes told a different story: one of hate, anger, and intolerance to the other. The two were swimming in memories of their childhood, almost falling off the edge of reality. Finally, when Sena heads to the inside of her car, Chanyeol runs towards her, his long legs a blur, and his eyes wide with excitement. 

 

            "Hey!" The tall boy shouts, waving his arms crazily, "Hey! You're the girl I met in the park, right?!" Sena whirls around, long, white laced blonde hair whipping around her face like an angel's loose feathers flailing in the air. Lu Han's lungs were knocked out for a second, breathless from her beauty, before a trickle of jealousy settles in. If Chanyeol and Sena had never met before to his knowledge, then why does the baby faced boy look like they're long lost friends?  

 

            Lu Han joins the two boys, not wanting to be left out. Soon, the rest follows. 

 

            "Chanyeol." Her greeting was flat, but had no hostility in it. "What a coincidence." 

 

            "You're Sehun's sister?" The baby faced giant raises his eyebrows eagerly. "I knew you looked familiar, but I didn't think—oh my god, you look so much like him. I can't believe I didn't figure out sooner." 

 

            "Is that all?" She starts to open the door, but Chanyeol reaches her hand, and pulls it away gently. Sena looks at him with faint confusion painted on her face, but doesn't struggle. Lu Han feels his heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter