CHAPTER 4

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 4[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"So baby hold on, I can’t bear to look at you at a distance that I cannot catch up to, worried that you will be lonely" [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]            Sena yawns, waking up next to a pile of textbooks and index cards, with notes messily scrawled in. She frowns, realizing that she had left the lamp the entire night. That means she had fell asleep while studying—again. Sighing, Sena runs a hand through her hair while trying to recall what exactly happened last night. 

 

            She had been studying. Reading about quantum mechanics, while writing down notes at the same time. Then, her phone rang. The blonde remembered seeing the ID, wondering why Sehun was calling her at one in the morning, and finding out that it was Luhan who called in his stead. 

           

            They were at a party, like she thought they were. Plus, they were dead drunk and needed a ride home. Sena must've been out of her mind when she agreed to help them out—after all, she didn't like drunks. She didn't like teenage drunks. And most of all, she didn't like teenage drunks who happened to be named Oh Sehun. And yet, there she was, in the middle of the night, at some stranger's mansion, waiting to for them to get inside her car. 

 

            Quickly checking the time, she stacked her books back on her shelf, before plopping back down in bed. 

 

            It was still early, maybe she could sneak in a few more minutes of sleep before— 

 

            Her phone rang, blaring out a pop song that filled her whole room. 

 

            Groaning loudly, Sena angrily grabs it and accepts the call. "If you're waking me up at 8 AM, this better be important," she growls into the phone. A deep laughter came through, not at all threatened by her harsh words. 

 

            "Chill. I was just making sure you told your parents about the award ceremony," the voice chuckles. Sena softened, once she figured out who it was. She untenses immediately, all anger flushed down the drain. 

 

            "Not yet, oppa," she answers. "I'll tell them later. I still have some time left before it starts." 

 

            "Your dad knows, right?" 

 

            "Yeah. He confirmed it with me before I left." Award ceremonies didn't fascinate her, but since her father was present, she would always make sure to be on her best behavior there. "You'll be coming, right?" 

 

            "Sure thing kiddo. We can have a celebratory dinner once it's done. Make sure you get the most awards; I'm not going to embarrass myself when I already bragged about you to all my friends, okay?" 

 

            "Oppa!" A genuine laugh escaped her lips, as her entire face brightens. He knew just how to brighten her day, no matter how bad it was. "I tried my best. Let's see how it goes." She hangs up, feeling the happiest she's been in a long time. 

 

            Maybe this summer won't be as bad as she thinks it will. 

 

 

 

 

            Sehun groans, feeling the painful spikes of a hangover from the party last night. Everything was amplified, making him overly sensitive. Mumbling a couple of curse words, he tried to remember what had happened the night before, but nothing came up. He was still in the same clothes he had on yesterday, and was laying in an uncomfortable position. 

 

            That means Lu Han must've dropped him on the bed and left him there. He tries to remember who gave them a ride home, but once again, his memory has failed him. Sehun struggles to get out of bed, and staggers into his bathroom with a goal. 

 

            He had to get rid of the evidence from last night before his parents saw. Standing in front of his sink, he turns on the faucet and washes his face with cold water.  

 

            The boy with ebony hair takes a good look in the mirror after that, scrutinizing his reflection, when he spots something:  

 

            His brown hair is growing in. Sehun frowns, leaning closer to the mirror, and tugs at his hair. It wasn't an illusion. The light brown roots were taking place the dyed black hair, and he had to go get them done again. Sehun makes a sound of despair, desperately wishing his hair was just naturally black like the other kids instead of light chestnut.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter