CHAPTER 11

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 11[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"Every time I tell you, you’ve long ago not been able to hear; Perhaps you’re by his side— what kind of happiness is there that has made you forget all the dangers?" [/CONTENTID2]
 

 

[CONTENTID3]            Lu Han walks with Sehun to a nearby café, occasionally glancing at the Korean boy—or, rather, his hair. For some reason unknown to Lu Han, Sehun had went to the salon last night, and came back with brown hair. 

 

            His natural hair color. Not to get his roots retouched like he told Lu Han, but to remove the black hair dye. Lu Han remembers how self-conscience his best friend was about his brown hair, so him dying his hair this color again must've meant something happened. 

 

            Sehun won't give in so easily, and Lu Han doesn't want to make his best friend uncomfortable, so he leaves it be. The Chinese boy enters a lively looking café, and was blasted with boisterous yells and loud laughter. Jaw dropping teenagers his age were seated at the center table, having the time of their lives. They reminded him of himself, back when in Incheon with his friends. However, something about them seems different. 

 

            These kids weren't the popular, upper middle class kids back in Incheon. Lu Han's friends were good looking, sure, and their clothes were trendy enough, but compared to these kids, they might as well be homeless beggars. The boisterous kids in here screamed wealthy, with their impeccably neat, artfully styled hair, designer clothes, and an untouchable presence. This is what rich truly looked like. 

 

            It reminds Lu Han of Baekhyun times ten. 

 

            It reminds Lu Han of Sehun when he first came to Incheon. 

           

            It reminds Lu Han of Sena, most of all. 

 

            Just when the Chinese boy was starting to feel conscience about himself, Sehun snorts and pulls him to a nearby table. He shoots the wealthy kids a spiteful glare, confidence oozing out of him, and silently tells Lu Han to do the same. 

 

            One of the boys at the table glances at them cooly, eyebrows raised in interest. The boy was easily the wealthiest and best looking of them all, and had a presence that filled up the whole café. His eyes were half lidded, his plump lips drawn in a presumptuous, lazy smirk. His gaze stops at Sehun, the rich boy's dark brown eyes twinkling with unanswered questions. Lu Han's best friend stares back, unafraid.  

 

            The rowdy group silences, after realizing their leader wasn't paying attention to them, and follows his field of interest. The boy suddenly stands up, and heads to their table, still entranced in Sehun. 

 

            "You," the boy smiles brightly at Sehun, hands leaning on their table. He had the slightest Chinese accent, just like Lu Han does. It was barely noticeable, but it was there. "You're Oh Sehun—Kang Sena's twin brother, am I right?" 

 

            The Korean boy doesn't shake his hand. He just stares. 

 

            "Ah, I'm sorry, did I come off too straightforward?" The rich boy laughs lightheartedly. "I had my suspicions, since you guys look alike, but that glare of yours...you really are related to Sena. My name is Yifan, but you can call me Kris. Sena and I both go to Ace Academy, so we're really close. Please—come join my friends, the both of you." 

 

            Sehun and Lu Han looks at each other warily, but complies. 

 

 

 

 

            Sena yawns, glancing at her watch every few seconds. She was at the biggest mall in Seoul with her mother, the woman insisting on having some 'girl bonding time'. The whole thing was just completely unnecessary, in her opinion, but he blonde guesses that her mother feels guilty from years of neglecting her, so she shuts up and lets the woman do what she wants.  

 

            "Sena, don't you think this dress adorable?" Her mother coos, holding up a bright floral sundress. "It's too short, though. What a shame. How about we go to the food court. I heard this place has good food." The teenage girl sighs, but grabs all her bags and follows her mom. 

 

            She passes by a crowd of people, but stop once she hears the loud yells coming from inside the circle of people. Words like gold digger, and was thrown around, and as Sena stops to look, she sees an old woman, most likely a trophy wife, yelling at a girl in her twenties. "You aren't good enough for my son," the woman yells, "you're only after him because of his money. You poor people are always like that! Stay away from my son." 

 

            Something she said rung a bell in Sena's head. It triggers memories of her childhood, back when she was naive and thought people's opinion mattered. 

 

            "Isn't that Kang Jaesung's kid?" Whispers were thrown around the banquet, as a seven year old Sena bounces around the room excitedly, trying to find her twin brother. She pays no head to the whispers, the only thing on her mind being the game she was playing. 

 

            "I think so. Look at her, isn't she pretty? She looks like a doll! Her father must be one hunk of a man...I wonder if he's up for a mistress..." A titter of scoffs flew around the room as a woman says to another,  

 

            "Go ahead. Kang Jaesung has been divorced for six years now. Apparently the wife was unfaithful. What a . Who would cheat on a man like that?! Ex model or not, Mister Kang was too good for her. I bet that was only after him for money—I heard that gold digger came from a poor background, and now, after he dumped her, she's back in the middle class." 

 

            "Oh, poor Jaesung...mind you, if I was his wife, I'd treat him right. Just think! That cute little doll being my daughter, it'll be the perfect life!" 

 

            At this moment, Sena turns around to the women, and bluntly asks,  

 

            "Excuse me, have you seen my brother around?" They cooed, eager to get into her good books, and bend down to talk to her.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter