CHAPTER 15

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 15[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"Frozen into a picture, at the end of my line of sight, you stay there forever,"[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]            "Your valedictorian speech was ," Sehun deadpans, pointing his fork at his twin sister accusingly. He continues staring her down while shoving the rest of his food in his mouth uncaringly, causing her to eye him back with disgust from his lack of manners. "If I were you, I would've given all of them the finger and just talk about your classmates for ten straight minutes."

 

            "Well, as much as I would love to tell them all to my imaginary testicals," Sena drawls, "I think my valedictorian status might be removed and given to Yifan, so I'd rather have not taken the risk."

 

            "That's a shame. Maybe senior year then. I'll even record it, too—just give me a heads up and next thing you know, you'll be an internet celebrity. Netizens love a pretty girl with savage tendencies, trust me."

 

            "Aw," Sena cooes, "You admit I have a pretty face?"

 

            "It's practically my face. Of course it's pretty. You stole my damn face and I have to live with the fact that there's someone as gorgeous as me in this world, and it's some irrelevant chick named Sang Kena or something—"

 

            "Someone as gorgeous as you?" Sena echoes, scoffing. "Sorry Hunnie, but I'm sure everyone here would all agree I'm the more attractive twin."

 

            "Are you sure you both made up?" Lu Han interrupts warily, "Because I don't see a difference between you two from today and you two from a week ago. Really. Maybe my only child self doesn't know how siblingly love works, but I don't think this is it."

 

            "Sure it is," Sena waves her hand dismissively. "Sehun and I wish the bubonic plague on each other every second of the day just like every other sibling on Earth."

 

            "Just hush, you only child," Sehun grins. "How can I not love the very person I had to share a small, cramped womb with for nine strenuous months? Sure, she once tried to choke me with her own umbilical cord, but it's all in the past, right Sena?"

 

            "Wait," Lu Han frowns, looking around at the restaurant table, specifically at the three empty seats, "Now that I think about it, the adults have been gone for a really long time now. They said they'd only be gone for five minutes, but it's been ten. I don't think going to the restroom takes this long..."

 

            "I'm sure it's fine," Sehun shrugs. "They're probably catching up. It's been years since my mom and dad talked. They probably want to do it in private, you know? Oh—they're coming out right now," Sehun points. Sure enough, the three adults were walking back together with pleasant smiles painted on their faces. Lu Han still wasn't convinced, but dropped the subject.

 

            The celebratory dinner goes on without a hitch.

 

 

 

            When it came time to go home, the pandemonium unleashes. The adults argue on who gets to take Sena home, and where she'll go home—in her own house with her father, or in the hotel with her mother. It gets so bad that they told her, Sehun, and Lu Han to stay in the restaurant while the adults go outside to work it out.

 

            The boys try to lighten up the mood by cracking jokes and reassuring her it'll be fine, but she wasn't an idiot.

 

            She knew it was her fault that her parents and her stepdad was arguing. Red faced and silent, Sena halfheartedly answers the boys with yeah's and uhuh's, not really registering their words. Like a river, their voices flow in and out of her mind so effortlessly, and although she knows it's a move, she didn't want to listen to their lies, no matter how comforting it may be.

 

            Staring at her lap, she sits at the table, unmoving, before she hears a sigh from Lu Han. Her lips began to tremble. She didn't mean to make him exasperated with her—she didn't want to make anyone angry because of her.

 

            "I know what you're thinking, Sena," Lu Han grabs her hands gently from the other side of the table. He caresses it with his thumbs, making small circles on her palms. It calms her down, and she finally had the courage to look up. The two boys were still staring at her with concerned eyes, no traces of irritation on their faces. A tsunami of relief crashed into her. They weren't resenting her for this. "This isn't your fault," the Chinese boy smiles sincerely.

 

            "If anything, it's our parent's fault," Sehun elaborates. "You know that right? Their relationship isn't the best, and they're just taking their anger out on you. Let's just go outside and tell them yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter