CHAPTER 18

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 18[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"The closer I want to get to you, the more painful and tragic it is"[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]           "Hey, remember yesterday when I almost bit of Mina's face?" Sena muses, wrapping her arms around Lu Han's enviously thin waist and burying her nose into the back of his soft, vanilla scented brown hair. They were in his room, spooning, at 4:30 in the morning. Lu Han couldn't remember why—only bits and pieces of them deciding it would be a good idea to stay up till 4 to binge watch bad anime and then realizing that it was a school night and a mistake.

 

           For him, of course. Sena, the ever so lucky one, has been on break for almost a month now. He has two days left. He doesn't know why she gets four months of summer vacation and he gets three, but he guesses that when your school isn't controlled by the government you could run it to the ground if you wanted to.

 

           "Uhh..." The brunet groans, trying to think with difficulty. He's had zero sleep, and he desperately wants to close his eyes and never wake up ever again. The arms wrapped around him feels nice and so does her body heat. Lu Han wonders why he was never the smaller spoon before; it's the most snug, pleasant cuddling position he's ever been in, and he's not sure if he wants to leave it. "Yeah... why?"

 

           "I was just wondering why you agreed to meet up with them again after that disaster. You know. Since the first one went so well."

 

           "Can we talk about this later?" Lu Han mumbles. He tries to focus on how her feet doesn't quite reach his, and not Baekhyun and Mina. Sena's tall, but he was taller by a few inches. He never met a girl who was the same height as half of the boys in school, but he likes it. Less bending down when he wants to hug and cuddle with her. He likes their height difference. He's also probably never going back to a short girl ever again.

 

           "Yeah, okay," Sena sighs. "I forget that some people need more than two hours of sleep a day to function. Good night, Lu." She kisses the shell of his ear, and snuggles closer to him.

 

           "G'night, babe," he slurs, leaning into her soft, cozy touches. He doesn't notice the choked sound of surprise that came out of Sena's mouth when he called her babe, nor did he hear her tinkling laughter right after. Darkness dances around his vision, silence whispers into his ears. He falls asleep in seconds, knowing that he needs as much as he could get.

 

 

 

 

           "Lu Han, get up," an annoyed, masculine voice growls into his ear. "Lu Han. Seriously. Get the up. We're going to be late for school."

 

           "Five more minutes," he lazily swats the face next to him. The sleepy boy felt cold from the lack of body heat and lonely from the empty bed. He wonders where Sena went, but realizes that it was for the better that she left before they got caught by Mr. and Mrs. Oh.

 

           "If you don't get up right now," Sehun jabs at his forehead angrily. "I'll tell my parents that Sena slept over last night. I don't think they'd take it very well, knowing that their only daughter is currently being tainted by a hormonal, teenage boy."

 

           "How did you...? You know what? I don't want to know. We didn't do anything besides watch anime," Lu Han snorts. "I don't think this is the kind of thing her parents need to look out for."

 

           "Well, as much as I trust Sena not to lose her ity to my best friend," Sehun pulls the other boy up forcefully, "my mom doesn't know that Sena isn't interested in and will freak if she finds out you and Sena shared the same bed last night."

 

           "I'll be ready in five," the Chinese boy stumbles out of bed. "Just get out. I'm still mad that you bailed out on this stupid meet up with Baek and his soon to be ex-girlfriend."

 

           "Wouldn't you? Chanyeol and I are going nowhere near that awkward couple. Just think of it like a double date. If you can't stand it anymore, just call and I'll fake an injury that requires you and Sena to bail and come back home. No biggie."

 

           "It's not a double date," Lu Han blushes. "Sena and I aren't official yet. Now scram so I can get ready."

 

           "Yeah," Sehun snickers. "Whatever."

 

 

 

 

           As Sehun and Lu Han exit the school, Sehun sees the usual crowd around Sena, albeit much smaller than before. It seems almost everyone has gotten used to her presence around here, except for her new fan club. Made up of mostly boys and a small number of girls, the Korean boy has been getting bothered by a few brave souls who dared to ask him for her number. Most were met with a glare and threats; the others were just ignored.

 

           The minute her eyes landed on the two, she curls her lips in distaste and hisses at them.

 

           "What's the reason for your pissy mood, sis?" Sehun cooes playfully. "Did someone break in and steal all of your black clothes?" Normally dressed in silver chains and grunge clothes, Sena did a 180 and was now doning a white frilly blouse and floral skirt. Her makeup was also bright and minimalistic, in contrast to her bleak, near murderous expression. She looked less like a hipster at a music festival and, probably for the first time in years, an innocent Barbie doll. Judging from his best friend's wide eyes and open mouth, he could tell that Lu Han didn't mind the change.

 

           "Mom overheard you this morning and was ecstatic when she found out I'm finally leaving the house to talk to people," the blonde seethes. "She wanted me to make a good first impression and dressed me up. She was so happy that I didn't have the heart to tell her Baekhyun and Mina has already met me before."

 

           "Thank mom. You look a lot less like a member from KISS now," the male twin cackles as he enters the passenger seat. As the three of them buckled up, his twin sister shot him one more evil look before revving up the engine.

 

           "Sleep with one eye open," the blonde doll mutters resentfully, "Don't be surprised if you wake up bald. If I can't keep my dignity, you can't keep your hair." Lu Han guffaws, imagining his best friend without his prized brown locks.

 

           Sehun gulps, knowing full well that his sister was only half joking.

 

           "If it makes you feel better," Lu Han grins. "You look ten times better in your usual clothing."

 

           It did make her feel better. Her eyes softened and her iron grip on the steering wheel loosened. The male twin thanks his best friend for, once again, saving his .

 

           "We have fifteen minutes to drop Sehun off and head to the café," Sena sighs. "Also, I'll need an Advil. It's best for everyone."

 

 

 

 

           "We're late." The blonde deadpans as they enter the building. "I see the couple sitting next to the windows. They're sitting as far away from each other as possible and aren't talking."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter