CHAPTER 22

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 22[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"And your white fragile shoulders, gently shaking with sadness, I’m telling you my heart is an open window. You can put down everything and lie down in peace,"[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]*TRIGGER WARNING: HOMOPHOBIC SLURS*

           Sena searched the entire house for her pills. Her mother and stepfather looked at her as if she had gone crazy, but didn't ask her what was wrong. The silver haired girl guesses that Sehun has done stranger things at seven in the morning for them to let her be without questions.

 

           As she let out a breath of frustration, Sena combs her fingers through her hair madly. Mina must've taken it—her theory had been confirmed, no doubt about it. It explains the text message she saw on her phone as well. It must've been for blackmail. Stomping madly to her bedroom, she grabs her car keys and was about to head out when she looks at the clothes she was wearing.

 

           A flimsy white shirt and old, worn out sweatpants aren't what people would consider intimidating. Groaning, she goes back to her closet and picks the blackest, most threatening clothes she owned. Heading to the restroom, Sena also makes a note to herself to wear her darkest lipstick. If she was planning on frightening someone, she might as well go all out.

 

           An hour later, the white-haired girl is stepping on her breaks and is driving to Mina's house. She stops at a red light, and begin to look around at the park to waste time while trying to think of what to say to Mina. It was a small, sad little thing, with a few trees and a humble playground.

 

           Her eyes zoom in on an arguing couple near the benches, and scoff when she sees the boy take a step towards the girl angrily.

 

           Then, his face comes to view and her eyes widen.

 

           Teal colored hair. Multiple piercings. Dark, cat like eyes and a hooked nose.

 

           It was Huang Zitao. The kid she goes to school with. What the hell was he doing in Incheon? Leaning closer to the window, she realizes that the girl he was yelling at was Mina. Frowning, Sena notices that the red light turned green and switches her course.

 

           What business do the two have together?

 

           She parks in the nearest parking lot of the park and slowly approach the two. When she reaches hearing proximity, the snowy-haired girl hides behind a tree and pulls out her phone. She hits record, and strains her ear to listen to their conversation.

 

           "Are you sure you didn't find anything?" Zitao growls. "Nothing. Nothing on Sena, even after hanging out with her so much?"

 

           "I—" Mina stutters. "Yes. I'm sure. I even checked her purse—there's nothing interesting about her."

 

           Sena raises an eyebrow at the sentence. She knows for sure that Mina took her antidepressants, so why was she lying? Didn't she want to bring Sena down?

 

           "You're lying." Zitao points out bluntly. "There's no way she doesn't have any dirt on her. Keep looking."

 

           "I think she might be getting suspicious," the petite girl mumbles. "I don’t know, Zitao... maybe we should stop trying to find dirt on her. She doesn't deserve any of it..."

 

           "That's not your choice to make," the blue haired boy retorts cooly. "Remember what will happen if you back out, you dyke."

 

           The brunette flinches at the slur, but remains silent. Her hand forms into fists as she trembles. From anger or terror, the silver haired girl doesn't know.

 

           Sena growls, slowly connecting the dots. She should have known. Zitao is one of Yifan's best friends, and after his stunt at the award ceremony back fired, something like this was inevitable. Staying still, she zooms her camera on the pair of them, making sure she captures both their faces clearly.

 

           "How do you think your classmates would react, knowing you're an abomination?" Zitao begins circling the girl. "That you don't like guys like a normal person? Do you think it'll be the same as your old classmates from middle school?"

 

           "Liking girls isn't an abomination," the brunette mutters shakily. "I-it's not. My friends will understand. You have nothing against me."

 

           "Then you don't mind if I tell your school you're a lesbian?" Zitao smirks slyly. "This isn't just for me, Mina. It's for you as well. Think about it—Sena was the reason you had to switch schools. If it wasn't for her, you wouldn't have gotten bullied out of Ace. Think about it. Not only did she break your heart, she also exposed you to the entire school. It's only fair for you to get her back."

 

           Sena's heart thumps loudly against her chest. She broke Mina's heart? She was the reason Mina got bullied? She shakes her head in denial, trying to remember ever meeting a girl named Mina in middle school. It couldn't be. Zitao was lying. She's never met anyone named—

 

           The café. First meeting with Mina where she thought the girl looked familiar.

 

           The café. Second meeting with Mina. During truth or dare, the brunette asked her if a girl has ever asked her out.

 

           Mina getting uncomfortable when Sena was asked about her uality.

 

           Sehun telling her that Mina moved to Incheon in seventh grade.

 

           Sehun telling her that Mina asked him out because he looked like an angel.

 

           Sixth grade, when she gave a girl from a different class her umbrella when it was raining and got soaked in her place.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter