CHAPTER 3

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 3[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"The you, you, you who seems lost again; the dark night is still cold and lonely, I lose you to the air" [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]            "So...um..." Lu Han's voice falters, as he meekly knocks on Sena's door, "We're having dinner, and Mrs. Oh wants you to join us..."   

 

            Lu Han inwardly curses his awkwardness. Then, just for the hell of it, he curses Sehun for making him do this. The blonde girl had been locked inside her room ever since she came in, and Mrs. Oh thought it would be nice if she was to be included in the family dinner. Originally, Sehun was supposed to invite her, but the sly boy had somehow tricked his best friend into doing his errand for him.  

 

            The brunet waits for a response, but got nothing. He frowns, a small part of him hurt, and turns to walk away when the door suddenly opens, with a soft squeak. 

 

            Sena takes a step out the door, eyes averted to the ground. Now with a close up of the girl, the brunet sees that she wasn't as flawless up close. Her makeup was gone, baring her empty face to the world. Her skin was duller than he first saw, with dry tear streaks remaining, and her eyes were rimmed red and decorated bruising dark circles. 

 

            With a shock, Lu Han realized she had been crying.  

 

            He takes a step back, not knowing what to do. He's never been as smooth around females as Sehun, and he definitely wasn't smooth around a crying one. However, Sena didn't look like she needed comforting, as she briskly walked downstairs to the dining room, posture a rigid board. 

 

            The Chinese male sighs once again, and follows her. 

 

            Dinner was incredibly awkward. The tension in the air was unbelievably thick, like maple syrup. Every question asked by the Oh's had been evaded by one-word answers from Sena. It seems like she was trying everything in her power to ignore their existence, which Sehun was fine with. 

 

            The feeling was all mutual. He didn't know why his parents were trying so hard, it was as plain as day how much she didn't want to be here, and he didn't want her either. With her around, no one ever pays him any attention, no matter what he does. 

 

            Kang Sena was like an attention magnet, effortlessly turning heads without a bat of an eye, and he was the old news who could never compete with someone like her, no matter how hard he tried. Everything had always been about her, and her only. 

 

            Sehun had been left in the dust, despite being her twin. That's why he had been elated when she would no longer be in his life; then, no one would compare him to her. No one would forget about him. They'd finally see Oh Sehun, instead of 'Sena's less talented brother', but that she's back, everything he had worked for is crumbling down. 

 

            Just the thought of that sent a rolling wave of jealousy through Sehun, as he clutched his so hard it bent. 

 

            "So, you live in Seoul, right?" Lu Han's quiet voice shakes him from his dark thoughts. The brunet had a small, timid smile, and kind eyes. "How different is Incheon compared to it?" 

 

            Sehun realizes that he is now the only one in the room who hasn't spoken a word to Sena. 

 

            Sena finally looks up from her plate, and studies Lu Han intently, as if she hadn't noticed his presence till now. It doesn't surprise Sehun one bit; Lu Han had always leaned on the more conservative side, and didn't like to gain attention by being flashy and rambunctious. Whenever the Chinese boy spoke, though, all eyes were on him. 

 

            "I'm sorry, but who are you?" the blonde girl bluntly asks. There was no sugar coating in her words at all. "I meant to ask this morning, but it slipped from my mind." She had 'apologized', but it still came out harsh and rude. Sehun wonders if being obnoxious was another talent of her's.  

 

            "Oh, we forgot to tell you," Mrs. Oh beams, finally finding a topic that Sena was semi-interested

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter