CHAPTER 5

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 5[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"You take a bath under the moonlight that spills down; I’ve never seen before an expression so captivating" [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]            "Oh," Sena drawls, walking up to them. The crowd of students mumbled, wondering why the mysterious girl was talking to Sehun and Lu Han of all people. "You're here. Get in the car, I'm driving you guys home."  

 

            Lu Han felt his cheeks heat up. The clicks and flashes of the cameras were heightened, ringing in his ears and filling his vision. It was all he was aware of, besides the burning gaze of the girl in front of him. Whispers grew louder; everyone curious of who she was, and what they had to do with her. 

 

            "Hey! Lu Han! Sehun!" A small, playful looking boy pushes his way to the front of the crowd, a mischievous glint in his eyes. It was Baekhyun, one of his teammates from soccer. "Who's the cute chick with the even cuter Lambo?" Baekhyun winks at Sena flirtatiously. She doesn't flinch, or even blush.  

 

            For some reason, the Chinese male found her lack of response relieving. 

 

            "She's my sister," Sehun spoke up, looking momentarily flustered from all the attention. "Let's go, Lu Han. We're wasting time here." Without looking back at the crowd's shocked faces, Lu Han hurriedly heads inside the sleek red car, and gives up the passenger seat to his best friend. Sena softly tsks, but gets back inside her car, giving no attention to Baekhyun, or their populous audience. 

 

            "So," she slams the door shut, and jams the key in, "If you miraculously haven't cracked the code yet, I'm in charge of giving you guys a ride home from school. Mom wanted you guys to walk, but I graciously offered to pick you up. Given the fact that I could be at home doing something productive right now, a thank you would be nice." 

 

            Igniting the car, Sena slowly backs up, and, careful to avoid hitting stray students, drives home. 

 

            "Thanks for giving us a ride home," Lu Han smiles sheepishly. 

 

            "Yeah," Sehun mumbles. His eyes frozen on the window, the boy was wary to not make eye contact with his twin sister. "Thanks for that." 

 

            She turns on the radio, and leaves it at that. Bright, cheerful pop songs filled the silence, trying to replace the need for conversation. The ride home wasn't as awkward as he thought it would be, but it was still awkward nonetheless. Lu Han's phone beeps, and as he checks the text he got, his heart plummets. 

 

            It was a picture of them and Sena, with the text, 'We need answers'. 

 

            Thanks, Chanyeol.  

 

            Lu Han gnaws the inside of his mouth, and glances at Sena. Hopefully, the blonde girl won't mind the attention she'll no doubt be getting from his classmates. 

 

 

 

 

            "So, how was school?" Mr. Oh asks as he walks in the door. He sees Sehun sprawled over the main couch, his long limbs everywhere, taking a nap. His soft snores vibrates across the living room, and a little drool was escaping his lips. 

 

            His son had never been a pretty sleeper. 

 

            "It's fine," Lu Han answers without looking up. The boy was on the loveseat, intently watching the TV. It was some Chinese drama, from the looks of it. "Thanks for having Sena pick us up." 

 

            "I didn't know our little Han was interested in these girly shows," Mr. Oh teases. He sits down next to Lu Han, trying to make of the drama. It was difficult when he didn't understand what they were saying, but he caught the gist of it. "And here I thought you were manly!"  

 

            "I am!" Lu Han blushes. "I-it's just that—" A girl came into view, causing the Chinese boy to choke up. The older man knew immediately what was going on, having been in his position before. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter