CHAPTER 17

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 17[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"I don’t know how to start moving my pen and finish writing your story"[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]            "Thank God I'm back in Incheon," Sehun groans. "Seoul was hell. Pure, dramatic, utter hell. I don't know how Sena manages to live there. It's horrible."

 

            It was Tuesday, and the first day back in Incheon. Yesterday was just his mother pretending the fight she had with her ex husband two days ago didn't exist, and tried her hardest to have a normal vacation day.

 

            It didn't work.

 

            "Didn't you used to live there?" Lu Han snorts, twirling with his pencil. They were both still at school, waiting for the final bell to ring.

 

            "Yeah, and then I moved here. For good reason, too."

 

            The bell rings, and as Lu Han and Sehun pack up to go home, Baekhyun and Chanyeol jogs towards them.

 

            "Hey!" Chanyeol greets excitedly. "Do you wanna go to the new Boba shop that just opened? Baekhyun wants to bring his girlfriend, and I don't want to be the awkward third wheel."

 

            "Is Sena allowed to come?" Lu Han asks without looking up. He meticulously organizes his pencils inside his case without hurry. "She's kind of the only way I can get home, and letting her know last minute that she doesn't need to pick me up seems a bit rude—especially when she's already here."

 

            "Of course she can come," Baekhyun nods, his voice mellow. "She and Mina can hang. I don't think Sena has many female friends since coming here, right? She's only been here for about two and a half weeks, after all."

 

            "I guess," Sehun sighs, looking outside the window. He sees the usual crowd of people near the front gate below, most likely trying to talk to Sena. He wonders if she's this popular back in Ace Academy, then scoffs to himself for even musing at the thought.

 

            Of course she is. She's Kang ing Sena.

 

            "Then let's go," Baekhyun punches his shoulder playfully. "Mina is already waiting for us outside, and I don’t want to make her mad."

 

            Lu Han throws the happy strawberry blonde a suspicious look, but it goes unnoticed by the boys. Inside, the Chinese boy was fuming as he remembers the text Baekhyun sent him a few days ago—the one about dumping Mina for Sena. He doesn't know what Baekhyun's motive was, but he wasn't going to let the notorious player mess with Sena.

 

            The boys head outside, unaware of Lu Han's wary glances towards Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

            "So," Baekhyun smiles charmingly, "Sena, you're from Seoul, right?" He holds the door open to the Boba shop for her, then shutting it again before the rest of the gang could come in—including his girlfriend.

 

            "Born and raised," the blonde answers cooly, not sparing him a glance. It made his heart beat in excitement—this girl knew she was a thrilling chase, and she definitely knew how to keep him entertained. "What's the best thing on the menu?"

 

            "If I'm being honest, you're probably the tastiest thing on there," He winks. Sena scoffs, an amused smile on her dark colored lips. Before she could reply, the door creaks open, and out came the rest of the group, all grumbling from Baekhyun's obvious favoritism.

 

            The blonde girl raises an eyebrow at Lu Han—or, more specifically, the person that was latched onto his arm. Mina. Baekhyun's girlfriend. She was pretty with her short black hair and bright smile. Sena felt immediately threatened, but Lu Han's small wince at Mina gave her small relief.

 

            Small being the key word.

 

            Standing up straighter, the tall girl confidently strides to a long table and picks up the menu without another word. She seats herself at the middle of the table like a queen, sitting by herself in the most assured manner.

 

            The others join the table a few moments later, and, with dark eyes, Sena sees that Mina was sitting next to Lu Han. Chanyeol and Sehun sandwiched her, and across from her was Mina herself.

 

            "So," Chanyeol nervously laughs as he stares at the dark, stormy cloud above the blonde girl's head, "Let's order, shall we?"

 

            "I'll have water." The fair haired girl's voice was clipped as she stares straight at the pretty girl across from her. Mina doesn't notice—she's too busy laughing at Lu Han's lame joke. "Just water."

 

            Sehun snorts. "Can you get any more boring, sis?"

 

            "Oh come on," Chanyeol protests. "This is a Boba café, not a water café. Order something exciting!"

 

            "Then what?" Sena growls, looking at Lu Han's cute smile. him. him for being so aesthetically pleasing. him for attracting pretty, charismatic girls she has no chance of winning against.

 

            "Cookies n' Cream is a nice drink," Baekhyun points to her menu helpfully. He has to stand up to do it, but it's an appreciated gesture nonetheless. "It's my favorite one. We can twin."

 

            "Should I get Cookies n' Cream too?" Chanyeol muses loudly. "We could triplet. Be the three musketeers. I'll be the awkward third wheel."

 

            "The only twins around here is me and Sena," Sehun interrupts amusedly. "We have the telepathic abilities to prove it too, right Sena?"

 

            "I thought that was a myth?" Chanyeol widens his eyes. "Oh —Sena, what's Sehun thinking of right now?"

 

            "Something incredibly stupid."

 

            "Oh my god!" Chanyeol slaps her arms excitedly, like a little boy who got a puppy for Christmas. "It is true! Twins really are magical!"

 

            "Hey—anime isn't incredibly stupid—" Sehun stutters defensively.

 

            "Anime?" Baekhyun bursts into laughter. "Oh god, Sena, you really are a mind reader."

 

            A kind, young waitress comes over and takes their order.

 

            Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun did end up ordering Cookies n' Cream. After scanning the menu for the billionth time, Sena gives up and orders the same drink too.

 

            "Are you sure, Sena?" Lu Han finally talks to her. She gives him a dirty, but questioning look. "Cookies n' Cream might be a bit too sweet for you. Taro tea might be more of your taste."

 

            She probably should have listened to the Chinese male. This is her first time in a Boba café and she had no idea what a Boba even is, but her pride and pettiness outweighed everything else at the moment. So, she looks at everyone else's expectant faces one more time before sticking to her first order.

 

     

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter