CHAPTER 12

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 12[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you’re already tired, let your heart rest for a while" [/CONTENTID2]

 

 

[CONTENTID3]Sehun comes back to the hotel to hear muffled cries and heavy heaves next to his own room. It was Sena's room that the sounds were coming from. The rational part of him was saying that Sena was fine, but the other part whispers things in his ear that he knew would never happen, but didn't give him much relief. He waits a few more seconds, and after the crying won't stop, he groans, and heads to his twin sister's room. 

 

He knocks twice, both quick and impaitent raps on the hotel door, before it unlocks. Sehun enters without a greeting, going in straight with a, ''Why the hell are you crying?'' When Sena doesn't answer, Sehun takes it as a sign to look through her room. He scans it with a trained, critical eye, and then zooms in on a large, worn out scrapbook on her bed. He snatches it before she could protest. He skims through the photos, eyes softening when he realizes the photos had a pattern. 

 

It was old pictures of him and Sena years ago, when they were still on good terms. He looks over at his twin sister, and whispers understandingly,  

 

"Is this why you were crying?" Sena doesn't respond, her eyes downcasted, her eyebrows pulled together in an irritated manner.  

 

"Can you ing leave now?" She barks, trying to hide the sniffles and red rimmed eyes. "I was just on a trip to memory lane, it has nothing to do with y—" 

 

"Why do you hate me so much?" Sehun interrupts. "We've been at this for years now—I think I deserve to know why you suddenly treated me like I'm the dirt on your feet." 

 

"Me? Hate you?" Sena looks up in surprise, then scoffs bitterly. "I think you forgot that you were the one who treated me like dog ." Hastily wiping away the tears on her wet cheeks, she feebly attempts to get the scrapbook back, but Sehun was stubborn and more than three times stronger than her. 

 

"Sena," he looks at her desperately. "I'm tired of this. Please." 

 

His twin sister fully looks at him now, and seeing how broken and crushed she was made Sehun feel like a piece of . "I-I," she hesitates, carefully thinking about his offer. After what seemed like a million years, she answers, "You go first. Then I'll share my part of the story." 

 

Sehun sighs, and sits on the edge of her bed. 

 

"Well," he starts wistfully, "It started when I still lived in Seoul with you..." 

 

"But what do you mean you're busy?" Sehun whined into the phone. "We were talking about this for a week! This is the third time you cancelled!"  

 

"I'm sorry Hunnie," Sena mumbled. "I-I uhmm, you see, our teacher wanted me to stay after school to help her, and...you know..." 

 

"Yeah," Sehun huffed. "I know." Despite their close relationship and the fact that they both go to the same school, no one can know that they were related. Their father said it was to avoid scandals. Their mother said it was because she didn't want kids to treat him differently because he was the son of Kang Jaesung. 

 

Sehun knew that it was because he was an embarrassment. Even at this young age, the kid knew that no one was supposed to know he existed. The divorce was bad for business, and so was his existence. Everyone thought he was a scholarship kid, and he was fine with that. As long as Sena was with him, he'd be okay.  

 

"Tell everyone I'm sorry, okay Hunnie? I gotta go now, bye!" The line ended. Younger Sehun shrugged, thinking nothing about it, and walks to the par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter