CHAPTER 13

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 13[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"As long as you’re in my heart, you won’t be the only one whose heart is hurting" [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]Lu Han sits at a different coffee shop, waiting for Sena to show up. He's been waiting for ten minutes now, but he doesn't give up. Just like sand in an hourglass, the day was slowly ebbing away, giving night a chance to rise like a prideful king. The Chinese boy checks his phone every ten seconds, feeling more and more restless, as though he drank ten cups of coffee in one sitting. The outside heat gets to him, but the brunet makes no attempts to leave. He stares at his large, calloused hands that lay on the table so intently that he was oblivious to the flutter of the bell chimes ringing against the entrance. The pretty sound was followed by the near silent click-clacking of footsteps, and a lanky girl taps on his shoulder. 

 

Lu Han looks up, immediately bewitched by the unconventional beauty in front of him. Sena’s shy smile and red cheeks rivaled that of an angel’s, and Lu Han knew he was a fool for thinking Fan BingBing was the prettiest girl he laid his eyes on when clearly, the girl in front of him outshined all the others even in plain clothes and a bare face. 

 

“Hey,” he whispers, his big brown eyes still on hers’. “I didn’t think you’d make it.” 

 

“Something came up, but I came as fast as I could.” The Korean girl sits across from him, their eye contact still as strong as the deities above. “Is something up?” 

 

“Oh,” Lu Han flushes. “No…not really. I just wanted to tour Seoul, and I thought that since you’ve lived here, you and I could go sight-seeing together…?” The blonde raises an eyebrow amusedly, and the brunet never wanted to curl up in a hole this much till now. He regretted uttering those words. Of course she wouldn’t go with him. Sena’s out of his league—she’s sophisticated, rich, incredibly smart, kind, drop dead gorgeous, while Lu Han was none of these—in fact, it was a miracle she even acknowledged his existence. Before he could change his name and run away to a remote village somewhere in Europe, Sena grins and nods. 

 

“Are you asking me out on a date?” She teases. “Sure. Want to go now? Seoul’s breathtaking at night.” 

 

"Yeah," Lu Han smiles widely, his lit-up expression so pure and bright, it outshines even the sun. "And uhm, later, I was hoping we could go to a place where there's a lot of stars. I've never been stargazing and I wanted to go with you..." 

 

"You've never been stargazing before?" Sena widens her eyes. Lu Han shrugs, embarrassed. He feels a light blush forming, and tries to hide his face by looking down. "Alright," she suddenly stands up, grabbing Lu Han by the arms, "Go pay and meet me outside the café."   

 

"What?" The boy his head. "Why exactly?"    

 

"I'm going to take you stargazing," Sena announces. "Forget the sightseeing, we can go after I show you a place." Urging him to stand up, Lu Han realizes resist is futile. So, without complaint, Lu Han does what she says.  

 

Two minutes later, he meets her at the café's entrance. Lu Han didn't notice before, but the girl in front of him was in much more simple, mundane clothes than usual. Sena was clad in black shorts and a leather jacket, and with her fair hair blowing across her makeup free face, Lu Han thinks that she's the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. Even with the poor street lamps lighting up her face, Kang Sena still looks like an angel sent down to earth.   

 

"Come on," Sena grins widely when she spots Lu Han. "I couldn't find an empty space, so my car is parked pretty far away.” Reaching for his hand, the fair-haired girl pulls him closer to her as the two walked to the other side of the café. The walk slowly turned into a jog, and the jog slowly turned into full blown running. By the time they reached her car, both were out of breath, yet even more excited than before.    

 

“There’s your car. Let's go." This time, Lu Han was the one leading her, their hands locked even tighter. He's too aware of how her cold finger tips cool his warm ones, of how her small, dainty hands fit against his large ones perfectly like yin and yang. It was like... like they were made for each other. Heart swelling, the Chinese boy tries to calm down before it bursts into a million butterflies. They head to her car, Sena in the driver's seat and Lu Han next to her. She doesn't tell him where they're going, but five minutes later, they reach an almost deserted park. Lu Han thinks it's because the day is long gone that only a meager amount of kids showed up. 

 

"Hey," Sena snaps him out of his revere. She shyly takes his hand in hers again, and gingerly tugs him towards the playground. "Let's go." 

 

They walk to the sides of the playground when she stops in front of a wire fence. The Korean female throws him a wink, and then proceeds to jump the fence. 

 

"H-hey, Sena!" Lu Han gapes. "What the fu—" 

 

"I promise we won't get in trouble," the blonde pokes his nose playfully through the fence. "It's my father's property, so we won't get in trouble for trespassing." 

 

"You're going to be the death of me," the Chinese boy sighs, a smile threatening to break out. He looks back one more time, and then joins her on the other side of the fence. "It's just a bunch of plants over here. I don't see how we can stargaze when all these trees block the sky. Besides, the sun is setting, we won't see stars for a while—" 

 

"Your lack of trust dampens my heart, Hannie." She pushes back a curtain of plants, gesturing for Lu Han to join her. He meets her on the other side, and when he does, the only word that can describe the view in fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter