CHAPTER 1

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 1[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"You constantly, stealthily invade the breaks in my everyday life; Exiled to a dark dream, your gentleness awakens me"[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]            "I'm going to what?" Sena questions in a deathly calm voice. She lounges back in her seat, but was careful to maintain her impeccable posture. 

 

            Her chauffeur takes a left turn, completely unphased by her steely tone. He's been working for the Kangs even before she was born. 

 

            It takes more than an icy glare and thinly veiled threat to make him nervous. 

 

            "After school is over, you'll be spending your summer with your biological mother and stepfather. It's part of the divorce contract; Mr. Kang may have custody of you, but the deal demands you to visit every four years. You already missed the last one, and the judges won't be quite as lenient to you as they were last time." 

 

            "I was occupied." 

 

            "Whatever your excuse was, you can't weedle out of this one," the driver informs her simply. He checks the rearview mirror, gauging her expression. Nothing was shown through her robotic exterior. "If it helps, this will be your last visit. No one can force you to go once you turn eighteen." 

 

            "Unless it gets me out of this ty deal, it's not going to help," Sena laughs bitterly. She runs a hand through her white blonde hair, and watches the vibrant blurs of the cars and people behind the tinted windows of her Rolls Royce. With their big, white grins and bouncy movements, anyone could tell they all seemed so excited for summer break to start. "Some of the kids in my class are traveling the world this summer. France, America, Germany. I'll be stuck in Incheon, living with a family who'd rather go to hell than be near me." 

 

            Some people seem to have it all. 

 

            "You can't curse, Miss," Sena's chauffer repreminds lightly. "Your father doesn't approve of the vulgar language." 

           

            "My father doesn't approve of much," she muses. "Hasn't stopped me from doing what I want. He doesn't care, anyways—as long as my grades are perfect, nothing else matters, Mr. Go." 

 

            Mr. Go sighs, wishing she would believe him when he said Mr. Kang worries about her. However, the girl would probably turn her nose at the idea. 

 

            Like he said earlier, he knew the Kang family all too well. 

 

            "We've arrived," the old man stops the car. "Remember miss, don't cause too much trouble." He heads out, and holds the door open to the girl inside. 

 

            "Don't fret, Mr. Go," she waves her hand dismissively. Stepping out of the car, Sena smoothens her black vest and school dress one last time, then heads to the school gates with confident strides. 

 

            Ace Academy. Home of the winners. Right now, Kang Sena feels like the complete opposite. However, she mustn't let it show. 

 

            "Sena!" A girl comes up to her. The blonde girl scans her appearance quickly: petite, cropped ebony locks, a welcoming smile—her name started with an A. That's all Sena could remember, because frankly, she didn't care enough to learn the rest of the letters. "Would you like a newspaper?" 

 

            Sena smiles half heartedly, and grabs one from the pile. She thumbs through the front page without thought, reading about a boy her age and his athletic accomplishments. 

 

            Lu Han, age sixteen, leads his school into their second national soccer victory.  

 

            Big deal.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter