Chapter 47

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

 

Krystal kept on asking Luna who hit her but the latter kept shut. She had a notion that it was Seunghyun but Luna would not budge. She wanted to tell Luna she should just stay home but her sister insisted to go to school even though the bruise on her face could not be concealed by makeup. She insisted on walking her to her classroom, preferring to accompany her until she gets inside. Someone might bully her now that everyone knows what happened between her and Minho. That engagement party took her by surprise as well. Luna did not even inform her about it.

“I’m okay Krystal, you can go now.” Luna said just before she started to go in but Krystal stopped her.

“Tell me if anything happens, okay? Promise me you’ll call if someone tries to bully or hurt you.” Krystal reminded her and she got a nod from Luna. She would have to talk to Minho, but he would not even pick up whenever she calls him. Something’s up, or maybe he’s too upset about Luna’s engagement to Seunghyun. Everything is just a mess right now.

It was good thing she met Onew just after her class, just being with him makes her feel better. “What’s bothering you?” Onew asked her as they sat beside each other on bench.

“Luna, someone hit her.” Krystal responded and sighed. “I just don’t know what to do anymore, she’s keeping something from me. I just don’t buy the crap that she wants to marry Seunghyun.”

“Me too,” Onew agreed with her. “But they had announced their engagement. I learned from Taemin that Minho would not even eat and it’s clear in his eyes that he’s not getting enough sleep.

“If only we could bring them together,” Krystal said.

“Hey they did talk remember? But Luna said she no longer loves Minho or to be quite exact that she never loved him at all.”

“Yah! That were all lies you know,” Krystal defended her sister. And then they saw Minho walking directly at them he didn’t know them though he kept on walking.

“Hey Minho!” Onew calls him and grabbing his arm to prevent him from walking any further.

“Onew, Krystal.” He said eyes turning sharp this time.

“Oppa Luna she’s –” but Minho raised his hand stopping Krystal from telling him more.

“I don’t want to know.” He said with determination. “She’s nothing to me now. I don’t care what happens to her. She no longer wants me anyway, so I decided to let her go. If she wants Seunghyun then so be it.”

“But oppa, she loves you,” Krystal tried again but Minho laughed sarcastically.

“Well she has a very funny way of showing it,” Minho said. “Don’t waste your time Krystal. I no longer want her.”

“Luna…” Onew uttered and both Krystal and Minho turned to see Luna with Taemin standing just behind them. They obviously heard everything.

Minho saw the bruise on her face but remained still even though he clearly wanted to reach out and caressed her cheek. He saw the hurt in her eyes and his own heart ached with pain. He never wanted to hurt her but his own heart is hurting as well and the only way to cope with it is to act like he does not care anymore.

Luna gave them an empty smile one hand gripping her bag. “Why don’t we all have lunch?” Taemin said breaking the silence.

“I can’t.” Luna said and her voice sounded weak. “I have to go.” Just then her phone rings, her trembling hands took a while to answer it. “H-hello?” she stutters. “Neh, my class is over. I’ll go meet you now.” A pause when the person on the other line says something they could not hear. “Bwoh? You’re here?”

A few meters away from them Taemin saw Seunghyun walking towards them. Luna immediately walked to meet him but she only took three steps before Seunghyun’s long strides reached her.

“Seunghyun –” It was like thunder to everyone’s ears when a blow landed on her face. Anyone who saw could tell how hard it was since Luna struggled to keep her balance when it happened.

Onew was the nearest to them, Krystal shouted some profanity at Seunghyun but it was Taemin who came rushing to them pushing Seunghyun away from Luna and landing a punch on Seunghyun’s gut.

“Taemin stop!” Luna cried when she saw Seunghyun slumped on the ground. She came to him and tried to help him up only to be pushed away. Minho would have moved mountains just to get to her, to protect her. But the way she rushed to Seunghyun's side stopped him.

“Come on Luna,” Taemin said grabbing her arm but she struggled from his hold and gets back to Seunghyun’s side. “Luna!”

“It’s okay Taemin,” she said and this time Seunghyun stood up when she helped him. Still with murder in his eyes for Taemin he still managed to look smug.

“Luna are you crazy?” Krystal said and she would have gone to her sister’s side if not for Onew who quickly stopped her from doing so.

“Hyung!” Taemin can’t help but call Minho but his brother just stood there his face bare of any emotion but the quick beating of his pulse is clearly seen on his neck tells him otherwise.

“Let her go Taemin,” Minho said with his cold voice echoing right through Luna’s heart. “She clearly wants to be with him. Don’t waste your time on someone who obviously does not deserve it.” And with that said he turned his back at them. Turned away from the one woman who threw his love away. Taemin called him again but he never looked back.

 

_

 

“Krystal would you please stop doing that!” Amber shouted at last. She could no longer stand Krystal pacing back and forth while they wait for Luna to return home.

“I’m just so worried about her,” Krystal said. “I need to find Seunghyun and murder him!”

Amber rolled her eyes. “You think you’re the only one who wants to do that?” Her blood still boils whenever she imagines Seunghyun beating Luna.

“We just need to do something, anything!”

Amber heard this a thousand times, the only reason she came home with Krystal is she wants to see Luna. She wants to shake her until she put some sense back into her. Minho refuses to move an inch now her cousin must have given up trying to reason with Luna.

“I hate Minho oppa,” Krystal muttered and Amber had had enough. Krystal said this five times already and she would no longer just sit there and listen to Krystal saying awful thing about Minho.

“Yah, it’s hard for him too you know!” Amber stated. “You think it’s easy for him? He’s been rejected a lot of times. Did you know he even went to your father and begged him to give him back Luna? You don’t know how much he had suffered so don’t say things like that.”

“Okay then I hate them both!” Krsytal shrieked causing Amber to laugh.

“Silly girl.”

“I know a way to get them back together!” Krystal smiled for real this time. The idea just clicked into her mind and Amber too was interested to hear it but she refused to tell her saying it’d be futile to keep it a secret for now so the plan would go well.

“Are you sure about that?’ Amber had given up trying to convince her to tell about her brilliant plan.

“Of course just trust me this time.” Krystal answered with confidence.

 

_

 

Luna rushed to the restroom right after the bell rings. She had not been feeling well lately because she was not eating and sleeping right. Just yesterday Seunghyun took her to get her a wedding dress. She actually wanted to wear her mom’s wedding dress but since the groom is not Minho she opted to just go with Seunghyun’s plan. Seunghyun was annoyed at her when he saw her not having interest at all. It was tiring to act in front of him, he hits her whenever she disobeys him. Gone is the sweet talker who he clearly is whenever her father is around.

Cold sweat envelops her whole body as she struggles to get inside one of the stalls. Her stomach is acting up again. It happened yesterday too, Seunghyun was so pissed her because she suddenly threw up in his car right before she could get off.

Everything she ate at breakfast all came up in one go. It took her a while before she could steady herself. She wanted to go home but Seunghyun still wanted to see her this afternoon.

She was surprised to see Amber standing outside the stall holding out a handkerchief for her.

“Thanks,” she muttered. She had not talked to her at all in class choosing to avoid her than have a confrontation.

“You look pale Luna, why don’t I take you to the clinic?” Amber offered.

“No!” She protests strongly startling Amber. “I’d go there later.”

“Are you sure? You don’t really look good now. I know this might be awkward because I’m Minho’s cousin but I’m also you’re friend.”

“Thank you Amber,” she said sincerely. “But you don’t have to worry. I just ate something this morning and my stomach’s clearly is rejecting it.” She didn’t wait for her to say anything more and went out before Amber.

_

“What took you so long?” Key asked when Amber came back to the cafeteria.

“Well I followed Luna,” Amber said. Jonghyun shot her a warning look but she continued, they had made an agreement not to mention Luna whenever Minho is around. “She was acting weird in class and she clearly didn’t look well.”

“What’s wrong with her?” Taemin asked.

But Amber wanted to give them the whole scenario. She has a feeling something’s up and she wanted to see Minho’s reaction. “She rushed out of class right away when the bell rang, so I followed her all the way to the restroom. She didn’t notice me of course. She quickly went inside the stall.” She saw Jonghyun picking some dukboki and shoving them into his mouth. Key was busy chewing his pasta. “I heard her puke.”

Key almost spit out everything while Jonghyun literally have to hold his stomach and swallowed everything at once.

“Yah we’re eating!” Both complained but Amber didn’t mind them.

“She really looked pale,” Amber continued. “I offered to get her to the clinic but she strongly refused.”

Onew came rushing towards them he obviously had a long ran. “Hyung what’s wrong?” Taemin asked him and Onew stopped dramatically, breathing for a couple of seconds and drinking Minho’s hot tea.

“Ahhh it’s hot!” He screamed and Amber almost hit him. He saw everyone’s eyes on him. Krystal might kill him after this but Minho deserves to know the truth.

“Yah what is it?” the ever impatient Key commanded.

“I just heard Krystal talking to Seunghyun over the phone. He’s actually in Japan right now and will be gone for two days. I heard Krystal saying that –” he stopped midway.

“Hyung if you’re not going to spit it out right this very moment I’m going to –” Key was cut off by Onew hearing the threat even before Key finished it.

“Luna’s pregnant.”

 

________________

 

What do you think everyone? Please don’t be shy and tell me anything. I’d be glad to see some comments for this chapter.

Minho what are you going to do now?

Otoke?