Chapter 23

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

Luna was totally embarrassed to be caught kissing and with their parents there watching them. She totally turned red from too much blushing.

 

"Glad you two could come", Key said still teasing Minho but the latter just shrugged his shoulders.

 

Minho was about to step out but Luna remained where she's at with her head bowed down. Poor thing blushing from head to toe and could not even meet anyone's eyes. He grabbed her hand startling her and he squeezed her hand giving her assurance.

 

"It's okay, just smile", he whispered to her.

 

Minho's parents have the widest smiles among the small crowd gathered to greet them.

 

"I thought you two would not show up", Amber said before anyone and winked at her cousin. She was proud of Luna and smiled secretly thinking she and Key had something to do with this.

 

"Happy birthday Mrs. Choi", Luna said to Minho's mom.

 

"Thank you, and please don't call me Mrs. Choi dear since we'd both be Mrs. Choi soon. It'd be confusing. You can start calling me umma", Mrs. Choi said beaming at Luna.

 

Amber pulled Luna away from the small crowd once she got the chance. "So how did it go?"

 

"Uhm, what do you mean?"

 

"With the two of you? Was he speechless when he saw you? What did he say?" Luna told him of what happened how they ended up kissing at the elevator. Amber can't help but laugh. "My cousin really is bad at expressing himself when it comes to you."

 

"Neh? I don't think so..."

 

"Oh come Luna, you know he's having a hard time. He may have wanted to compliment you but felt so tongue-tied and unsure of what to say and just kissed you."

 

"Do you think so?"

 

"He's complicated really. But I think you can handle him", Amber said. "Hey, uhm I don't know about asking you this but Key and I had been talking and we're wondering if you already have feelings for Minho."

 

It was at that moment that Luna turned towards the direction of Minho who was talking to Jonghyun and Onew, Minho looked her way too and their eyes meet. For that brief second it feels like only the two of them were there and no one else.

 

"Hey Luna..."

 

"I'm not sure really. I've never been in love before."

 

"Do you like think about him everyday?", Amber asked and Luna nodded. "Do you feel like you always want to see him? That just his mere presence makes you happy?" She also nodded at this. "Uhm, does your heart race like you've run for miles when you're with him? And you wish you could be the reason he smiles?" Luna still nodded. "And you mind goes blank whenever he kisses you?" Luna blushed and Amber got her answer. "You're in love."

 

"I'm afraid", Luna confessed. "Minho... he's someone I'd never thought of being with before. I mean we'd never even meet if not for this arrangement between our parents. He was forced to be with me and I should not be feeling like this. It's not fair being happy with him when he's not happy with me."

 

"I know what you mean, it's true he was forced to this engagement and all but no one forced him to buy you things or kiss you."

 

 

_

 

 

"Luna looks like an angel", Onew said and that's when he looked at her way. She was talking to Amber and she looked his way too. Their eyes meet and it felt like everything around him vanished except her.

 

"You better watch out Minho", he heard Jonghyun say. "A lot of guys would sure come after her if she starts looking like that every day."

 

He never thought of that. She was Luna, Krystal's unpopular sister, the wallflower, the nerd who loves books and the library. The clumsy girl who walks too slowly, always bows her head and would always get into trouble. She was just Luna, his fiancee.

 

"It's just the dress", he reasoned and dismissed what Jonghyun said.

 

"Oh come on Minho, you got to admit she looks wonderfully gorgeous tonight", Minho was surprised Onew said that. Wait is he one of the guys he has to watch out for?

 

"Onew is right, she has curves in all the right places. She's small but her body is definitely that of a woman. Not skinny, just right and y. And of you already know this, she has the softest lips - ", Jonghyun stopped when he saw Minho's face. "

 

How could he forget that Jonghyun had her first kiss?

 

All of them shared a table when dinner was served and unfortunately Krystal was with them too. She kept fluttering her eyes at Minho who ignores him completely.

 

Luna was seated in between Taemin and Minho, Krystal was at Minho's right. She kept on putting food on his plate telling him to eat well. Jonghyun and Onew were busy talking about their musical since it'd be a few days before the show. Minho noticed that Luna was not eating properly, he was about to put more food on her plate when Taemin also did the same.

 

"Eat more", Taemin said and noticed that his brother was about to put food on her plate as well. The others watch them too, Luna smiled and thanked Taemin completely unaware that Minho had wanted to do the same.

 

The others especially Amber felt the tension between the two, she knows her cousins too much. She definitely has to talk to Taemin later.

 

"Luna I heard you like musicals and plays", Jonghyun said to ease the tension.

 

"Neh, I always watch your shows in school", Luna said.

 

"Is that so? You want to come to our practice and watch us?"

 

"She may not be that interested", Amber says joining them.

 

"Oh but I'd love too", Luna said immediately gaining a grin from Jonghyun.

 

Taemin watched as Luna smiled and talked to his hyungs, she really looked like an angel. He wanted to snatch her away from them and just dance with her. Finally he got his chance when Minho was called by one of their investors and Jonghyun excused himself to go to the restrooms.

 

"Luna", he called her. She smiled right away when she saw him and he felt his heart skip a bit. Her smile is the nicest. "You look great, beautiful." He can't help but add in.

 

"Thank you Taemin", she said in her sweetest voice smiling still for him. Only for him at this moment.

 

"Would you like to dance?", he asked boldly holding out his hand for her. She looked at him with her big eyes and he can't help but chuckle. "Yes I'm asking you to dance with me."

 

Luna smiled again feeling nervous when Taemin asked her to dance but could not do anything when he starts to smile his adorable smile. There's something about him that makes her feel good.

 

"I'm not good at dancing", she said finally but placed her hand on his.

 

He grinned when he finally got her hand. "That's impossible everyone can dance, it's as simple as marching. Beside it's not as if we're going to dance the tango or ballet." Luna laughed at this imagining Taemin wearing a tutu. They were in the dance floor with other couples and she can't help but feel conscious of the other eyes watching them.

 

"Relax", Taemin said when he felt her tensed. "It's just me, I don't bite."

 

“It’s just that, this is my first time. Nobody bothered to ask me to dance before”, Luna confessed and smile gratefully at Taemin.

 

It's a wonder how Taemin can make her feel like she's special, the way he looks at her just now makes her heart swell with joy. She's thankful for this moment.

 

_

 

Minho got back to their table only to find Krystal. “You’re looking for her?”, she said to him. He followed the direction of where she was looking at and saw Luna dancing with Taemin.

“Actually oppa, your brother and Luna looks way better together than the two of you. Don’t you think so?”, Krystal said out of spite.

 

“Did I ask for your opinion?”, he said coldly without looking at her and marched towards the two. He could see her smiling at him and listening to what he was saying like it’s the most important thing in the world.

 

“Taemin”, he called his brother first. “Can I have my fiancée back?” He could sense him wanting to say no but his brother smiled and gave Luna’s hand back to his.

 

“I enjoyed the dance”, Taemin said to Luna before leaving them.

 

Luna pulled her hand away only to be grabbed by the arm.

 

“What are you doing?”, Minho said to her with a not so good look on his face. “We have to dance too.”

 

“Eh? But – “

 

“Wae? You danced with Taemin and yet you don’t want to dance with your fiancé?”

 

“It’s not that – “, but Minho took both of her hands and placed them on his shoulders. She wanted to tell him that she might step on his feet but he looked angry for whatever reason she could not understand and just remained quiet while they move slowly with the music.

 

“What were you talking about?”, Minho suddenly asked. He wasn’t looking at her rather he was looking around watching the other people around them. He saw their parents looking at them with happy faces.

 

“Just something about school”, Luna answered.

 

“Something about school? You were smiling a lot”, Minho said and Luna did not answer. It’s true that they were talking about some school stuff. “Do you like him that much?”

 

Luna was startled at this question and chose not to answer, it does not even sound like a question to her.

 

“I asked you before if you like him and you said no. If you’d have said you like him I’d have arranged for the two of you to get engaged and not us.”

 

“I don’t like Taemin like that, I see him as a friend only”, Luna said saying it at one go and looking directly at him.

 

Minho snorted. “Then stop flirting with him. Or don’t do it where others could see you.”

 

Luna was hurt at what he said. How could he accuse her of flirting with his brother?

 

After their dance they did not talk again, Minho left her with Amber and he chatted with his friends though from time to time he would glance towards her when he was sure she was not looking.

 

It was wrong of him to accuse her of flirting, he knows she’s not that kind of girl but he did not like the way she smiles at her brother. He was reminded of Jonghyun’s words the moment he saw the two of them dancing.

 

What if she falls for someone else? What if that someone else is his brother? He felt pain in his heart which he could not ignore. What is this? Why is he feeling this? Is this...? No it's impossible... Not now, not her.

 

__________________

updated: 07/11/12

i was not planning on updating today...but something good happened so i'm happy ^^

LOL

^______________^

the chapter is not really a happy one thanks to Minho but we'll just have to torture him kekeke, hope Luna could be more patient with him... and don't worry about Taemin, he's got me (LOL, ^^)

i'll be waiting for your comments guys :) btw ur comments from the previous updates are superb :)

be safe everyone ^^