Chapter 11

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

"Luna, do you wanna eat ice cream?" Minho repeated himself thinking that Luna had not heard him. He looked at her and she had this surprised look on her face but that only lasted for a second or two. Her face became blank again, she looked exhausted but at least the tears had stopped now. "Luna come on," he urged her and walked ahead of her thinking she'd follow anyway. He was looking at every shop trying to find an ice cream shop and finally spotted one but Luna was no longer there. She did not follow him after all. He looked around for her but she was no where to be found.
 
 
_
 
 
 
"Where have you been?" her step mother yelled at her once she entered the house. Luna was not expecting this at all. She looked really angry and Krystal standing by her side looking happy that she was getting scolded did not help at all. "Have you lost your voice now? Answer me, where have you been?"
 
Luna tried to look calm but she was really scared of her step mother. "Uhm... I was just ... I went out last night with Minho -"
 
"Minho oppa?" Krystal's eyes widened in surprise. "Are you kidding me?"
 
"I wanted to tell you but you were out and I could not contact you," Luna said. 
 
"Why did you not come home then? Where did you sleep?" her stepmother went on asking. Krystal is now sending her dagger looks.
 
"Uhm ..."
 
"Don't you lie now little girl and quit stuttering, you look a lot more stupid!" her stepmother yelled.
 
"Sorry..." Luna would not dare lie to her of course. "I slept at his place - "
 
"BWOH!?" there was an uproar coming from Krystal even her own mother is shocked. "Umma! She's lying!"
 
Her mother looked back at Luna. "Where were you last night?"
 
"Auntie believe me, I slept at his place. I was so tired that I did not notice the time and fell asleep when I woke up it was already morning..."
 
"LIAR!" Krystal shouted. "Umma, let's punish her until she tells the truth."
 
"Why do you have a bruise on your face?" her stepmother asked.
 
"Well... "
 
"See, she's lying umma. Maybe she's rebelling because appa is forcing her to marry Minho oppa," Krystal said.
 
"Go to your room," her stepmother finally said. 
 
"Thank you auntie, and I'm sorry for making you worry," Luna said to her relief.
 
"Worry?" her stepmother let out a laugh. "I never worry about you. Go to your room and you can't come out unless I said so. You're not gonna eat either until you tell me where you have been and who you were with. Understood?"
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"Don't you dare lie to me you little ," her stepmother said. 
 
"But auntie I'm telling the truth," Luna said.
 
"Yah! You heard what umma said. Go to your room now!" Krystal said and even dragged her upstairs. She was pushed inside. The door to her room has a lock outside, her step mother installed that 5 years ago so whenever she wants to punish Luna she just lock her up inside this room and never let her come out until she's sattisfied.
 
"Auntie please I have class - "
 
"You did not even go to school today ," Krystal answered her from the outside.
 
"Krystal please...", but all she heard was Krystal's laugh then everything went silent again. 
 
Luna wiped her tears and sat on the edge of her small bed. Her body ached all over, especially her face. Now she regrets deserting Minho, if he sent her home they would have seen that she was telling the truth. But she was so upset about what happened and what he did to her that she could not stand being with him anymore. How could he think that eating ice cream would make her feel better? But staying with him must have been a better choice than being stuck here inside this room without knowing when she'll be able to come out. She misses her mother a lot, it's really hard without her and her grandfather. This house was no longer her home when Krystal and her mother moved in. They made her feel unwanted when in the first place she lived her since birth. They made her into an outsider, of course she tried to fit in, to like them and to get close to them but her effort was useless because even her father abandoned her.
 
Why is every one mean to her?
 
 
_
 
 
 
Three days.
 
It's been three days since he last saw her. He never had the courage to call her or even go to there house. She must hate him right now. Well who could blame her though? He did not really care, why would he? She's nothing to him. 
 
"Minho," Key called him. They were just hanging out waiting for Amber to finish her class. "You've been spacing out man. What' wrong?"
 
"Nothing, sorry I was just thinking about something..." he said.
 
"Something or someone?" Jonghyun said. "Heard that Luna is still missing her classes. She had not gone to school for three days now."
 
"Maybe she's sick," Key said. "Do you know what happened to her?"
 
"No," came Minho's short reply.
 
"Hey hyung!" Taemin shouted not far from them he was with Amber who looked angry.
 
"Hey baby what's wrong?" Key immediately went over and kissed Amber's cheek sensing that something is bothering her. "Why the look on your face?"
 
"It's this guy," Amber answered pointing at Minho.
 
"Bwoh? Why me?" he asked turning defensive.
 
"I heard Krystal talking about Luna in the wash room," Amber started still with the dark look. "She said that Luna is being punished for lying. Krystal was laughing while saying that her mother locked Luna inside her room because of telling lies."
 
"What lies?" Key asked.
 
"That she was with Minho the other night and that's why she did not come home. Is it true she slept at your place? And that she was with you guys partying the other night?" Amber asked them and Key nodded together with Jonghyun but Minho just remained quiet.
 
"Is that what happened?" Taemin said still no one confirmed or denied anything so he continued. "She slept at our house and I even had breakfast with her. Hyung, where did you two go? I thought you were gonna send her home?"
 
Minho just looked at Taemin for a while before answering. His brother really needs to shut up sometimes. "We just drove around," he said. "Uhm, why are we talking about her anyway?"
 
"Man are you kidding me? She's your fiancee!" Key said.
 
"So? It's not like I like her for real" Minho answered without any concern. 
 
"But - " Amber tried to reason out but Key stopped him. 
 
"Uhm why don't we get out of here first baby", Key said to Amber. He knew Amber would not stop until Minho does something for Luna and knowing how stubborn the guy is he would not do anything with them knowing. "Come on." Key was dragging Amber away now. 
 
"Hyung, what will you do now?" Taemin asked. 
 
"Nothing. It's not like she's gonna die there," Minho answered and left them too. Three days, she's been locked up for three days. 
 
"Oppa!" he heard an annoying voice calling his name. Krystal came running towards him with a big smile on her face. "Going home?"
 
Minho looked at for a while, she's pretty but she's not his type at all. And the fact that she's a known in the campus does not help. Ever since he met her she's been very vocal about her feelings for him and she never gave up even until now. 
 
"Oppa... can you drive me home?" Krystal said. For years she's been trying to get his attention but Minho does not seem to care about her. She can get any guy she want but Minho is a challenge for her. "Oppa..." She knew he's going to say no but she still asks anyway.
 
"Sure, get in," Minho replied. Krystal stood there for a while afraid that he was just joking. "Hey, are you going or -"
 
"Of course!" Krystal said and quickly got inside the car. She happily put on her seatbelt and was feeling giddy now that she's finally inside Minho's car. "Wah.. your car smells real good."
 
"Really?" Minho said. "Uhm is your mom home?"
 
"Yes, she's been feeling lonely 'cause my dad is still abroad."
 
"Is that so... we should cheer her up then," Minho stated.
 
"Cheer her up?" Krystal asked.
 
"What's her favorite flower?" Minho asked before Krystal's brain could formulate any more questions.
 
"Oppa, are you gonna buy flowers for her?" Krystal said. "Oh oppa you're so sweet. She likes white roses."
 
"Really? My mom loves them too" Minho said much to Krystal's delight. He drove around the block looking for a flowershop. He had not bought anyone flowers before even his mom. He's not the flower-giving-type of guy. He let Krystal pick the flowers and in just a few minutes the arrangement was done. They drove towards their house with Krystal talking about herself. She was really in love with herself, telling him how good she is at almost everything. He tried not to laugh at her careful not to upset her.
 
"We're here," Krystal finally said.
 
They were greeted by a butler and was told that the madam is in the garden drinking some tea. "Come on oppa, I'm sure mom would be happy to see you!"
 
 
Minho followed Krystal with the bouquet of flowers in his hands. Their house looks great but somehow it lacked something. Krystal's mom greeted them with a smile. She looked younger and a lot like Krystal.
 
"Thank you, you 're so thoughtful," Mrs. Park said with a big smile on her face. "And thank you for bringing my little angel home."
 
Little angel? Minho tried not to laugh. "It's nothing really."
 
"Why don't you stay for dinner?" Mrs. Park said. 
 
"Oh, are you sure?"
 
"Of course, I'll just go see what we'll have," Mrs. Park said still with a smile on her face.
 
"Uhm I'd love too but Mrs. Park -"
 
"Call me auntie please," Mrs. Park beamed.
 
"Auntie," Minho smiled his sweetest smile. "I came here for Luna. I heard she was sick. I was trying to call her but her phone is off."
 
Krystal and Mrs. Park's smiles faded. 
 
"Luna?" Mrs. Park said.
 
"Yes. May I go see her now?" Minho said looking straight to their eyes.
 
 
 
 
_
 
 
 
 
Nothing to say here but HAPPY SUNDAY !!!