Chapter 14

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

 
"So, you two are getting along just fine?" Mr. Park said. They were inside his office in the house. It was already raining outside and both Luna and Minho were seated on the comfortable sofa facing Mr. Park. 
 
 
Luna just bowed her head and did not answer so Minho had no choice but to speak for the both of them.
 
 
"Yes, actuallly I just visited her since she was sick." Minho saw Mr. Park turned towards her daughter. He did not see even a slight worry for her.
 
 
"Have you been good to Minho?" instead he asked her and she nodded her head slowly. 
 
 
He stood up and asked Minho to have dinner with them but he refused and said that he and Luna had already eaten.
 
 
He said his goodbye to Mr. Park and Luna. She still had her head bowed down refusing to look at him or anyone else. 
 
 
"Why don't you see him to the door?" Mr. Park suggested.
 
 
"No need, she should just rest," Minho said before Luna could move.
 
 
"I'll do it!" Krystal volunteered and even grabbing onto his arm and pulling him away.
 
 
Once they were out of the house he pulled his arm away from her.
 
 
"Oppa! Do you like Luna now?" Krystal suddenly asked him. Minho did not answer but just went to open the door to his car. "Yah oppa! Did you two..."
 
 
"Hey Krystal" Minho said before she could go on. "Don't dare touch her or you'll regret it." With that he got inside his car and left the bewildered Krystal.
 
 
_
 
 
It had been another two days before he saw Luna again. He could have just gone to her class or her house but no he did not. It angered him that she did not show for lunch when he told her before that she has to be seen with him. What bothers him is that she did not seem to care about being engaged to him anymore. But something inside him is feeling a little off since he did not see her. He can't describe it but it's not a good feeling.
 
 
He found her inside an empty classroom reading a book. 
 
 
"Hey," he said as he entered the room. She immediately sat up straight and turned towards him. Their eyes met for a couple of seconds but then she looked away first. "What's up with you not showing up for lunch?"
 
 
"I was just," Minho cut her off before she could finish what she's saying.
 
 
"What are you reading?" He took the book from her and read the title. "Anne of Avonlea?" He didn't know she likes reading. Well there are a lot of things that he did not know about her. "Have you had lunch?"
 
 
"No," Luna answered. She was unsure of what to tell him or how to act in front of him after what happened in her room. Krystal once again questioned her about the scene they had witnessed but she did not hurt her or anything like that even though it was clear how mad she is at her. It was her father who asked her of what they were doing inside her room. It was so awkward being questioned like that by her own father but she had no choice but to face him. He asked her if they had done "it". Of course she knew what "it" meant. 
 
 
"Come on let's grab something to eat," Minho said after a while and left before her still with the book in his hands.
 
 
Luna quickly gathered her things and placed them inside her bag before following him outside. They walked in silence, Minho walking two steps ahead of her while she remained tailing behind him. They passed by a group of girls who she quickly recognized as Krystal's friends. Krystal was not with them though. 
 
 
The canteen was no longer crowded since it's already passed lunch time. Minho looked for something good to eat but found nothing that he liked.
 
 
"Let's just eat out," he said and turned away to leave the place Luna had no choice but to follow him. Her father reminded her to keep things good with Minho and his family. They need them for their business.
 
 
"I know this place, just near here. We can just walk." It felt like talking to himself rather than having someone beside him to talk to. He kept on walking with his usual pace not aware that Luna had fallen a few steps behind him.
 
 
Luna walked slowly and avoided any eye contact with the other students. She knew they were still talking about them, how they belittle and laugh at her.
 
 
"Yah! Watch where you're going!"
 
 
Minho looked back and saw Luna sprawled on the pavement with the contents of her bag scattered around her. She quickly sat up and and gathered her things only to be kicked away from her. 
 
 
Other students stopped and watched what was happening. He stood on his spot not taking any action. He could not see the guy's face but he could see the fear in Luna's face. She bowed her head and apologized profusely.
 
 
"YAH! YOU THINK YOUR SORRY COULD UNDO THE DAMAGE DONE? LOOK AT MY SHIRT!?", the guy yelled like he swallowed a megaphone. Luna shuddered when she heard his booming voice. "You stupid girl! Do you know how much this shirt costs? And you even spilled coffee on my shoes!" The guy went on and on.
 
 
"I'm really sorry, I'll just pay for it," Luna said and continued collecting her things. She reached for her phone which was just beside the guy's foot but when she grabbed it the guy stepped on her hand.
 
 
"Agh," Luna cried in pain. The guy weighs twice as Minho does, he's huge.
 
 
"You stupid silly ugly pathetic girl," the guy went on insulting her. Some students laughed, others just stopped to see who it was and walked away without a care. No one stopped and helped her. Is this how she had lived her life?
 
 
"You really think I'll let you off with just saying sorry?" He stepped on Luna's phone which she had dropped and it broke into pieces. "I pity the guy who'll marry you."
 
 
With those words Minho seemed to have awaken from his thoughts and completely lost any self control he has. With just four steps he was already behind the guy and pushed him away. 
 
 
"YAH!" the guy screamed. Minho dropped the book and a strong fist connected to the guy's jaw making him fall onto the ground again.
 
 
No words came out from his mouth but his eyes tell it all. It was raging with anger and every punch he gives makes him want to give more. The guy fought as well and he got a few punches too. However he did not feel any of them, he was just focused on hitting the guy as much as he can before the security came.
 
 
He kicked the guy's guts and he collapsed to the ground. The guy did not dare move or attempt to stand up again because every time he does that Minho would kick him again.
 
 
Once he was sure that the guy would not get up again, Minho gathered Luna's things and put them inside her bag. She was standing not far from where they fought with wide eyes.
 
 
"Let's go," he said and pulled her away from the crowd.
 
 
 
 
 
_______
 
it's a short update but don't worry i'll be updating another chapter soon :) 
i was listening to DBSK's Hug English Version while writing this and it really brought back some good old memories ....
*sorry if i spazz about them here sometimes*
 
i'm still watching Shinee's Hello Baby and it's so much fun to see them fight for the kid's affection.
I don't have a bias in Shinee and I'm not really a fan but I  like how they interact and they seem to love each other
 
please leave comment so i'll know what you think
take care my friends ^^