Chapter 24

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

 

“Hey what’s wrong?”, Amber asked the moment she and Luna were alone. She had noticed her face looking more sad by the moment after she danced with Minho.

 

“Nothing”, Luna said quickly giving Amber a smile.

 

“If there’s something you want to talk about, anything at all I’m just here”, Amber said to her.

 

“Thank you Amber.”

 

The night went on but Luna and Minho did not talk again. They avoided each other as much as they can until they had to go home.

 

“Minho”, Amber called her cousin just before he could leave. He turned to her with impatient eyes. “Don’t look at me like that, this would be quick.”

 

“Okay go ahead”, Minho said.

 

“I don’t know what went on with you and Luna but when I left her earlier all dressed up and waiting for you she was excited and anxious of what you’ll think of her. She was thinking of you, and worried that you won’t like how she’ll look tonight. She wanted to look beautiful for you. So you could be proud of her, so you won’t be embarrassed being seen with her.”

 

Minho did not say anything but Amber could tell he was affected with her words.

 

“Now she looks upset and I know for a fact that it has something to do with you”, Amber finished. “Don’t make this night an awful one and end it like this. Give the girl a break and for once be a good fiancé.” She smiled at him. “I’ll go now, Luna probably is waiting for you.”

 

He saw Luna talking to his parents. He quickly went to them he heard Luna saying she’ll go home with his father.

 

“Wait, I’ll bring you home”, Minho blurted right away. Luna was not aware he was there until he spoke.

 

After saying good bye to their parents Minho and Luna went on their way. She did not look at him and continued to walk beside him. He could not utter a word even when they were alone.

 

Luna felt his eyes on her but did not say anything. It does not matter whatever she says, he’ll think whatever he wants to think of her. His words still stung.

 

"Uhm Luna", Minho said when they finally arrived at their house. The two of them were out of the car and she was about to go in when he called her.

 

She stopped walking but did not turn to look at him. He slowly walked towards her. “I’m sorry.”

 

She felt her heart stop when she heard him say those words. She could tell it took a lot of effort to say this, the Minho she knew seldom says sorry or never at all.

 

“I was acting like a complete jerk as always and ruined the night. The thing is, I just don’t like seeing you with other guys especially tonight when you look so… uh well just...", Minho said but found it hard to continue. What's happening to him? It's just Luna.

 

"Minho?", she called him to get his attention and turned around to face him. "You were saying?" The moment he said sorry she already felt her defenses weaken, or maybe just the fact that he is now speaking to her instead of ignoring her.

 

"Just, uh you look really good tonight...", he said. "No, you don't look good." Luna's face fell. "What I mean is -" He gathered himself before he even embarrassed himself more in front of her. He felt like he had to tell her this right now.

 

"Thank you", Luna said before he could open his mouth. Seeing him all confuse is enough and she secretly smiled thinking that maybe just maybe there is something between them now. "The dress is really beautiful and -"

 

"No", Minho objected quite too strongly. "You're beautiful really." He said this while looking directly at her. Somehow he wanted her to gain confidence and feel good about herself. She needs this more now than ever. He feels like something is coming and he needs her good and ready. "It's not just the dress, it's you." He reached out and touched her face. "You're beautiful."

 

Luna blushed and smiled when she heard him say it again. She's beautiful. It's not the fact that she is beautiful that mattered but the one who said it. A million men can say she's beautiful and it would not have the same meaning as him saying it to her.

 

"Thank you Minho", she said at last and was surprised when he came closer and planted a sweet kiss on the top of her head.

 

Minho wanted to say that what he wants to hear is not a thank you from her he wants something else but he too was not sure if she's willing to give it or if it's the right time for them. Sulli is back, and he knows he can't ignore her forever.

 

"I'll see you in school", he said before leaving.

 

Somehow the night did turn out well, for now she’ll accept anything he’s willing to give. Anything would be okay as long as it’s him.

 

_

 

“Looks like someone had not been sleeping well”, Amber teased the moment their class ended. She saw Luna earlier looking too sleepy to even listen to their teacher.

 

“Amber”, Luna said and smiled at her.

 

“My cousin’s still not back?”, Amber asked and Luna nodded her answer. “Well, he’s going to handle the business soon so uncle must have wanted him to join him for this trip.”

 

Minho had not been attending the class for days now and she had not seen him since his mom’s party.

 

“Did he call?”, Amber asked again.

 

“Yes, last night”, Luna said. Luna did not tell Amber Minho has been calling her since he left for the trip. Last night he called just before she was about to sleep. Their conversations are short but hearing him on the other line comforts her. She waits for his call, Minho is not the type to send messages and Luna does not expect him to.

 

“You miss him?”, still Amber asked. “I know you do. My cousin is lucky to have you.”

 

“You think so?”, Luna asked doubting even herself.

 

“Neh, listen I know this may not be the right time to tell you but well…”, Amber hesitated for a while. “It’s just that Sulli –“

 

“I know, she’s back”, Luna said.

 

“You met her already?”

 

“Minho did too”, Luna told her what happened when Minho saw Sulli.

 

“This is bad…”, Amber said. “Luna, I know you might not understand this for now but whatever happens don’t let Sulli get Minho back.”

 

“What if he still loves her?”, Luna asked. “I don’t want to hold him back.”

 

“No, you’ve got to promise me Luna. Don’t let go of Minho”, Amber said. “You love him right? Well at least you’re attracted to him and you’re starting to see him as a person you could fall in love with not just someone you’re force to marry.”

 

“But Amber if Minho decides to come to Sulli…’

 

“That could not happen, as long as you fight for him. Don’t worry, I’ll help you.”

 

“What do you mean?”, Luna could tell Amber is now planning onto something.

 

“Just trust me with this”, Amber smiled.

_

 

Luna sat on the bed while combing her hair. She was waiting for his call, it’s about time he calls. She opened the book Taemin had given yesterday, truth is she had not read it at all. Her mind is too preoccupied. She got another flower sent to her but the sender remained anonymous. She didn’t tell Amber about this or anyone , maybe someone is just pranking her. The note read as; you’re getting more beautiful as the day passes… we’ll be together soon.

_

 

Four days, it’s been four days since she last saw Minho. In the past she would have been happy if he’s not around but right now she actually misses him. She thinks of him before she sleeps and when she wakes up.

 

Amber was nowhere to be seen, must be a date with Key. Luna was all alone in the cafeteria when Sulli showed up.

 

"Hey can I join you?", she said to Luna and sat opposite her before she can answer. "I'm glad I saw you."

 

"Why?', Luna asked.

 

"Well you probably know by now who I am", Sulli said with a sad smile on her face. Luna did not say anything about this. "I'm Minho's ex-girlfriend", she added. "Minho told you all about me right?"

 

Luna shook her head and Sulli smiled understandingly.

 

"I just want to talk to him but he's being too difficult."

 

Luna thought this is selfish of Sulli. Minho was hurt when she left and it's understandable if he keeps his distance since he would not know her true intentions or if she's still the same girl when she left.

 

"I know you two are engaged", Sulli said. Luna nodded her head. "I also know that it's just an arrangement. It usually happens between rich families."

 

"Why did you leave him?", Luna asked not being able to hold back.    

 

Sulli took a deep breath before speaking. She looked straight into the other girl's eyes and spoke. "Because of his mom." She saw Luna's surprised face. "I know, it's not in her character. Mrs. Choi is nice and warm and really looks like a loving mother. She really is, too loving that she always wants what's best for her sons."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You two were arranged right? You should know the answer...", she said not being clear.

 

"I don't understand."

 

"Minho needs to marry a good girl. By good means someone with their background. Someone they approve of, someone who comes from a rich family someone who has influence and would be a good wife. Someone like you."

 

"What did Mrs. Choi do?", Luna asked getting nervous by the moment for reasons unknown.

 

"She made me go, she offered me a big amount to stay away. I was too stunned to even speak when she told me that. She treated me like a real daughter and then suddenly she was telling me to leave her son. I don't know the reason really at that time. I kept asking her why and begged her to reconsider. I asked her what I did wrong so that I could correct it and be a better person for her son. I cried and begged her but her decision is final. She told me Minho oppa deserves a better girl, much more than I could be for him."", she finished.

 

Luna could not believe her ears when she heard Sulli. Mrs. Choi would not have done that. It's all wrong, but at the back of her mind something is telling her that somehow Sulli might be telling the truth. And what worries her is that Minho will be the one to get hurt the most.

 

___________________

 

UPDATED: 07-19-2012

hello B.U.T.-ful readers :)

i find it funny how everyone would say to not make it a Taemin-Sulli pairing.. but don't worry guys even if u don't say it I'm not really a fan of that pairing though i don't have anything against Sulli or their pairing..

And to those who are also readers of my other fic "HATE TO LOVE YOU LOVE TO HATE" don't worry i'm not abandoning that fic.. i'll be doing an update very soon so please wait for it .. and if u have time please check my first story as well "BECAUSE OF A BET" i'd really appreciate it if u subscribe too keke... *hoping that u will*

THANKS A LOT AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ... and btw are u a HARRY POTTER fan? kekeke cuz i am and it's good to see it trending worldwide in twitter nowadays ...*so random of me, sorry* 

 

thanks again for supporting my fics and for adding me as a friend ^^ *sorry for any errors*

....always ^^