Chapter 41

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

Minho woke up as he felt someone beside him stirred. He immediately looked down to find Luna’s head resting on his chest. He smiled as he remembered the events last night that led her here beside him. He gently her hair as he listened to her slow breathing. Her head moved and he knew she was awake.

“Good morning,” he greeted her as he watched her adjust to the surrounding and her cheeks turned red.

Luna removed herself off him and gathered the blanket over her all too body and sat up. “Uhm g-good morning,” she scolded herself for stuttering and she unconsciously moved away from him.

“Hey where are you going?” Minho quickly grabbed her arm preventing her from moving away.

Luna’s blushed more as his strong hand pulled her. Her mind is too busy with the memories of their shared passion last night. Every touch and every kiss made. She felt somehow embarrassed sitting here with him just lying beside her. The first time was painful but Minho was quick to whisper sweet nothings and kissed her. She could not believe they did it more than once, not even sure where they got all the strength.

“Are you hungry?” He asked when he noticed that it was almost lunch time. She nodded her answer. “Me too,” he pulled her back to his arms and pecked her lips. He leaned forward for another kiss when her hand pushed him gently. “What’s wrong?”

“I need to get home,” Luna said. “My father and stepmom would be coming back this afternoon.”

“Oh is that so?” He said as a frown came across his face. “I’ll make breakfast first so you could eat before I send you home.”

Luna smiled and this time she was the one who pecked his lips. “Thanks, I’ll shower first.” She quickly grabbed the blanket covering her body and went inside the bathroom. Minho sat there after Luna was gone grinning like a kid who just saw his crush passed by.

Luna on the other hand was staring at her reflection in the mirror. Her face glowed and she felt strange somehow mixed with feeling sore and tired. Maybe a shower would make some difference. She blushed whenever she remembers Minho saying she’s beautiful and perfect. She felt so loved that it feels too good to be true.

Everything is just perfect especially with the diamond engagement ring that she’s now wearing. She really felt like they’re going to get married. She could not wait for that day.

_

 

Minho waved goodbye as Luna got inside their house. Her sweet smile was the last thing he saw just before the gate swallowed her small form. He still could not believe he just made love with her. it was something he never expected and never planned to happen. He still could not erase the smile on his lips and it grew more when he remembers her. He never knew he could be this crazily in love with one person. Words are not enough to describe what he feels right now but one thing is for sure, it’s all because of Luna.

He was almost near the apartment when he remembered to turn on his phone. There were a lot of missed calls from Taemin. He stopped the car to read the last message he sent. A frown replaced the once smiling face and he immediately called back his brother.

“Taemin what’s wrong?” he said right away when Taemin answered.

“Hyung, you’ve got to come home real quick. Dad found out about the pictures, he’s so mad. I have been trying to reach you since this morning. Mom’s still not aware of the situation. Just be here right away.” He drove real quick as possible when Taemin hung up. This is not good, not now when everything is just perfect.

Taemin met him at the doorway. “Dad’s in the study, he’s waiting for you hyung.”

“Thanks Taemin,” he said and headed straight to the study room. His father did not even look up when he came in. Minho immediately saw the pictures on the table. Pictures of Luna and Jonghyun and even some pictures of him and another guy that sure looked too familiar.

“I don’t know what’s going on between the two of you son. Can you please try to explain these?” His father spoke still looking at the pictures.

He came near and saw the pictures more closely now. “It’s all a big misunderstanding dad. That picture with Jonghyun kissing Luna, I took that one.”

His father now turned to look at him with a more puzzled look on his face. “But Amber told me that you two are getting along now. That everything is just going fine.”

“Yeah that’s true, that was taken a long time ago –”

“And why did you take such a picture? Or even let this happen?”

“The truth is, I wanted to use that to break the engagement.” Minho decided to come clean. “I wanted to ruin her image so you guys won’t like her anymore and just cancel the engagement. I didn’t want to marry her before.”

“And now…?”

Minho smiled and the anxiety he felt is now replaced by a warm feeling. “I love her dad. And I do really want to marry her.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yes, I’m very sure.” He said without hesitation.

“Then how about these pictures?” He took the pictures of Luna and Jonghyun and Minho now saw that the guy who was with Luna is no other than Seunghyun. Who took these pictures? Someone is out to destroy them and that person is targeting Luna.

“Do you know that guy?” his father asked when he did not say a thing.

“Yeah, I know him. He’s like my enemy.”

“Enemy?” Confusion was written on his father’s face.

“He and I had some disagreements in the past and we just hate each other. What I’m trying to say is, Luna is innocent of these things. Seunghyun must have approached her and someone took a picture of them.” Minho explained but his father continued to stare at him like he’s still waiting for some more. “Dad, I love her. I want to marry Luna. I even proposed to her for real and bought her a ring.”

“Son, I have nothing against Luna. But I’m worried about your mother. She won’t like this.”

Minho knew what his father is trying to say if only he knew who was doing this. He assured his father once again that he’ll take care of everything and glad that his father finally agreed. He then promised to move back with them so his mother would not be worried anymore. His father even suggested that they make arrangements for the wedding now. The sooner would be the better for both of them.

 

_

 

Luna received a call from Minho that afternoon that she’s been invited for dinner in their house. He also told her that he had decided to move back to his parent’s house. She’s happy that he finally made that decision.

She heard a knock on the door while she was looking for something to wear. It was Krystal with a huge smile on her face. “Oh Krystal, how was your date with Onew?” she asked right away and the smile on her sister’s face grew even wider and brighter.

“It was just perfect!” Krystal said. “Look what he got me!” She immediately showed Luna her new necklace.

“Omo that’s beautiful!” Luna said admiring the necklace Krystal is wearing.

“He even got us couple shirts,” Krystal continued trying hard not to smile too much. “I didn’t even think I’d wear anything close to that in my life. But everything is just right with Onew. I mean how could I possibly miss out on something like this?”

“There’s a time for everything Krystal,” Luna said patting her hand and that’s when Krystal noticed her ring. She grabbed Luna’s hand and shrieked which hurt Luna’s ears.

“Oh my gosh!” Krystal shouted still with Luna’s hand in hers. “Don’t tell me he got you an engagement ring!”

Luna nodded happily though the grip on her hand is starting to hurt now.

“It’s perfect! Omo, it’s just perfect!” Krystal continued to admire the ring. “He really does love you Luna. I knew it! And that Sulli monster could just go back to wherever she came from! I can’t believe she posted those pictures!”

“Sulli posted the pictures? What do you mean?”

“Oh haven’t I told you yet? I think Sulli was the one who did all those. She was the one who posted the picture of you and Jonghyun’s kiss.”

“How did you find out?”

Krystal hesitated for a moment thinking Luna might just laugh at her assumptions. Luna nodded her head after she told her of the conversation she had with Sulli. “I just knew it was her Luna.”

Luna smiled sadly. “Well you may be right Krystal but we just don’t have the proof yet.”

“Don’t worry. With the way things are now I doubt it if there’s anything she could do to break the two of you.” Krystal said with confidence. She noticed the dresses lying on her bed. “What are you doing anyway?”

Luna looked back at the dresses and remembered that she still has to choose something for the dinner. “Minho invited me for dinner with his parents.”

“Really? Let me help you then,” Krystal stood up and concentrated on finding the perfect dress for tonight. It took her just a few minutes to decide and she finally got a dress for Luna and even chose the shoes that would fit with it. “Wait! I’ll go get my make-up kit! Go change first,” she ordered and hurriedly went out of the room to get the needed things. She came back after a few minutes with a handful of things complete with a blower and curling iron. “We definitely need to style your hair today!” Luna watched the excitement grow on her face as she got ready. She smiled seeing her sister so hyped right now.

“You don’t need to wear any jewelry except the one you’re already wearing,” Krystal said while putting the finishing touches on her. Luna looked at her reflection and felt like a different person. Krystal sure knows fashion and make-up.

“Thanks Krystal,” Luna said and hugged her sister and the latter returned the gesture just then Minho called saying he’s already outside their house. The two quickly went out of her room to greet him.

Minho was all eyes for Luna when the two came out. Krystal could not help when his jaw dropped. “Oppa you can close your mouth now,” she said and Minho automatically did so.

“Thanks again Krystal,” Luna said.

“Anytime and have fun!” Krystal said before the two got in the car. Minho smiled at her as well. It was incredible how her feelings changed so quickly that she do not feel anything at all whenever she sees or even remembers Minho. All she ever thinks of right now is Onew. He’s just so wonderful. He makes everything brighter and always makes her smile. Love really works a miracle and that miracle is Onew.

 

_

 

Luna caught Minho stealing a look on her yet again and she secretly smiled. Krystal said she looked really beautiful but she already feels beautiful even without the make-up or without wearing the gorgeous dress. She only has to be with Minho and she could be the most beautiful girl in the world.

“I’m glad you and Krystal are getting along just fine,” Minho broke the silence.

“Me too,” Luna smiled. They are more like sisters now. No more fighting and hurtful words. If only her stepmom and dad are like that to her.

“What’s wrong?” Minho asked when he saw sadness on her face.

“Nothing,” Luna was quick to reply and smiled once again.

Minho was not convinced though but did not push her instead he told her that he had moved back to his parent’s house.

“I’m happy to hear that.” This must have been the reason why they’re having dinner with his parents. They stopped at a hotel with Minho informing her that his parents are already waiting inside. Luna and Minho greeted his parents who in return were glad to see their future daughter-in-law.

“You look beautiful Luna,” his mother said as they settled themselves. “I know Minho had fallen for you even before he knew it.” She blushed hearing that from his mom. Food was served right away while the conversation turned to their wedding plans.

“Your parents and we already agreed that the wedding would be grand,” Mrs. Choi said. “We have a wedding planner and we agreed that your wedding would take place a week after Minho graduates.”

Luna turned to Minho who looked like he already knew all of this. His graduation is just 2 months away. So that would mean the wedding is soon to take place.

“The wedding gown would of course be decided by you,” Mrs. Choi continued.

“We both agreed that you live on your own after the wedding,” Mr. Choi said. Truth is he already bought a house for them, his wedding gift for his first born. The topic turned to where they’d be going for their honeymoon and Luna can’t help but blush and Minho was not helping at all. He grabbed her hand under the table and held it with the look of amusement in his eyes.

“Do you have any place in mind?” Mrs. Choi asked the two of them and Minho answered right away saying they’d be going to Paris for one week as their honeymoon. Luna was glad the topic had returned back to wedding details like the guests they want to invite. Mrs. Choi looked more excited than her saying she could no longer wait.

Luan excused herself and went to the restroom. The talk of wedding and honeymoon overwhelmed her and she could not help remember the night she shared with Minho. She applied some gloss on her lips before going out again only to meet Seunghyun. She was startled of course since he looked like he really waited for her there.

“Did I scare you love?” he said and Luna didn’t like the way his eyes roamed all over her body.

She tried to pass by him but he blocked her way. “I need to go,” Luna said firmly.

“I see you’re having dinner with his parents now. Are they good to you?” he asked which puzzled Luna. Why would he ask such a question? She didn’t answer and tried to leave him again but he stopped her by grabbing her arm.

“You look really gorgeous tonight love,” his face is so close to hers now and she felt a chill. She didn’t like him at all.

“Please let go, I need to go back to them. And don’t call me love or anything. My name’s Luna and I’m engaged to Minho. So please just stay away from me.”

Seunghyun just chuckled but let go of her arm. “You’re just making me want you more.” He sighed. “Well just continue to enjoy with him right now, you’ll be mine anyways. Do you like the flowers I sent you?” He still keeps on sending them to her. Every other day someone would deliver a bouquet to her house.

“What did you just say?” Both Luna and Seunghyun turned to see Minho with the look of murder in his eyes. He moved so fast Seunghyun was already pinned on the wall before Luna could stop him. “I told you to stay away from her,” he said with gritted teeth and the smile on Seunghyun’s face only made him angrier.

“You don’t own her. You’re not her husband yet, I’ll stop once her last name is already Choi. That is, if that ever happens.” Seunghyun pushed him off.

Luna immediately grabbed onto Minho before he can charge again. “Please Minho let’s just go.” It took all her energy just to pull him away. She was glad Seunghyun didn’t say anything anymore to make matters worse.

The dinner went on fine even though Minho still wants to murder Seunghyun. What does he really want and why would he even bother sending flowers to Luna? He knew Seunghyun hates him just because, but he also knows that Luna is not the type of girl that would interest him. Something’s up with him, and he feels like he’s only using Luna to get to him.

“Minho, about earlier.” They were already inside his car on the way to her house. The dinner ended well with his parents happier and satisfied. But she can’t help but worry. Minho looked at her and she saw the same look he gives her back when they were not getting along yet. Her heart hurt seeing him like this.

“Throw everything he gave you.” He said not seeing the pained look on her face. “I don’t care whatever it is. Just throw anything, don’t even touch it. Arasseo?”

Luna nodded sadly. He didn’t say anything after that and the silent ride back home felt like eternity. She got out of the car before him.

“Luna,” he quickly gabbed her arm before she could even go inside. Her head was bowed down and he knew he made a mistake. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sound cold. I just didn’t want you getting involved with Seunghyun.” Not when someone is already out there trying to destroy us. Not when someone out there wants to hurt you. I can’t let that happen. Minho thought. He cupped her face and looked deep into her eyes asking her to understand. Instead she threw herself on him and buried her face on his chest.

“You don’t have to worry Minho. I won’t ever love not even look at another man but you.” Luna said as she continued to hug him.

“I know that Luna,” Minho sighed. He can’t be like this. He needs to be a better guy for her. He can’t let Seunghyun affect their relationship. If only he didn’t accept the challenge back then and had Luna as the bet. It was stupid and childish and now Luna is suffering. He was thankful Luna has a lot of faith in him and easily forgives him for whatever reason only she knows. “Thank you for loving me this much.” He had showed her the ugliest side of him yet she still gave her heart and trusted him completely.

“You don’t have to thank me for anything,” Luna said as she pulled out from the embrace.

“You don’t know how many times I’ve regretted the things I’ve done to you before. I was just stupid and only thought of myself not caring if I hurt you. And I know I’ve hurt you a lot and yet I continue to do just that. I’ll always be thankful that you opened your heart to me.” He wants to protect her from everything that might make her sad anything that would bring her harm. He thought of the things he had promised to Sulli before and how he failed her. He didn’t want Luna to suffer just like Sulli. He does not want to fail her, he wants to be a person who could make anything possible for her, protect her and love her. Seunghyun’s words came back to him like a nightmare that won’t go away. Is he planning on taking away Luna from him? Would he hurt her to get to him?

 

_________________

 

oh my dear readers :) so sorry for making you wait.. 

i did some catching up with NARUTO since i have not watched a lot of episodes since ep 160. and with all the drama surrounding my all time fave group TVXQ, i was not happy enough to update.. O_O too bad they didn't win mama this year.. i was hoping they'd get just one huhuhu...

the fic would have another twist before it ends.. so please wait for next update ^^

thanks a million for my new subscribers :

SHINeelover2    Munruben    ShiningStarShinee     Vengeance     tomomi57     Lucifergirl018

and thank u for always sharing your thoughts thru ur comments ^^