Chapter 8

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls are moving around the house like flash. "Has anyone seen my rubber shoes?" The little cub, which is Chaeyoung yelled throwing various of her shoes. I let our a chuckled as I spotted her rubber shoes.

 

"Here." I said handed it out to her.

"Thanks unnie." She thanked me shoving her pair of shoes on the box that is meant for their shoes. I can see they are nervous but Mina was obviously on the venge of tears her knees bounching up and down a habit of her's when she's nervous. Sitting beside her I smiled. 

"Hey relax I know you will do well later." I said and she nod. She gave me a small smile, patting her head. I stood up gathering the girls bags. "Hey guys chill." I said and everyone stopped on what they are doing looking at me. "Just relax okay?" They all nod, letting out a sigh I asked them to get ready. 


Today was their ISAC day. The girls are excited and nervous at the same time, but honestly I am more looking forward at Mina's rhytmic gymnastics. Since they didn't let me watch her practice saying that I should anticipate to it. 

I stood up next to their manager and especially to Nayeon unnie AKA Sadness manager. I'll call her Sadness manager so you don't get confused. I watched as alot of Kpop group and kpop artist enters the gymnasium. 

Defeaning screams and cheer from their fans roared and I smiled as Twice's fans started to sing Cheer Up as they step inside the gym. Sadness manager sing along doing shy shy shy. I chuckled and I did the same, I did the shy shy shy dance. A little embarassed I caught Mina saw me doing it and she waved at me. I waved back feeling excited for them. 

"Alexis let's go and get the food." I nod and followed the manager oppas. Since I am stronger than the other manager unnies I helped them carrying the box up to where the girls are. They are talking with their fans. 

As I arrived at the back I meet other artist and I saw Kim Sejeong. She smiled widely as we met eyes. "Hi Alexis-ssi." She greeted me and I do the same. "It's nice meeting you again." I smiled and I helped her with what she's holding. I excused with the other manager and we went to the dug out where her members are. 

"Thanks for helping me." I smiled scratching the back of her head.

"It's nothing." I said, before I can walk outside the room she called me. 

"Alexis-ssi uuhh uhm..." I noticed that she looking at the ground. 

"Just call me Alexis or Alex, Sejeong-ssi." She chukled nodding.

"I was just wondering if I can have your number? I mean... you know to thank you for helping me... I was wondering if I can ask your number so I can ask you out anytime I am not busy." Her words are jumbled but I tried to understand her. "And you of course... if you are not busy."

It's Kim Sejeong that is asking for my number. Who am I to refuse right? So I nod my head and she quickly gave her phone to me to input my number. As we greeted good bye, I saw Mina with Sana. They are on the stairs, they saw me with Sejeong. 

I don't know why but she just keep her eyes on me. As soon as I settled the box down I walked towards the other managers to let them give the food that they prepared yesterday. 

From: +82 XX XXXX YYYY

Hey it's me Sejeong ^^. Thanks again for helping me... and please do drop the ssi part just call me Sejeong

I smiled as soon as read her text message. I quickly typed my reply after saving her number.

To: Sejeong

It's nothing Sejeong

Tucking my phone back to my pocket I have this smile and watched the girls give the food to their fans who are supporting them. As the day went I noticed that Mina was extremly quiet maybe because she's nervous. While the other girl are around talking with other idols Mina stayed behind, she's just sitting there. 

I frowned when I saw one idol went to her. He sat there innitiating a conversation but it seems Mina's mood lighten up by talking to him. I felt this feeling like someone squeezed my stomach turning it. Her eyes met mine, she continue to talk with him but her eyes are lock with mine. I turned around not wanting to see it anymore. I feel bad, I feel mad, I feel angry, I feel....jealous?

Lunch time came and the girls enters the room one by one. "Where's Mina?" Sadness manager asked as Chaeyoung is the last one who enters the room. 

"She's talking with...." Before she can answer, Mina appeared in front of the door with this idol which I think his name is Ilhoon. She's laughing her hand covering . "She's with Ilhoon." Chaeyoung finished her sentence walking towards the table. 

"You're crazy." Mina said shaking her head. Ilhoon scratch the back of his head and I can't make out what he is saying.

"See you later?" Ilhoon said and Mina just nod her head. As she closed the door behind her we locked eyes. I feel hurt with her laughing with his I know silly jokes but who am I? I am just their assistant manager. I don't have any rights to feel jealous. She's an idol he's an idol perfect match right? 

Standing up I excused myself as I need to breathe some fresh air. Watching her talking with someone makes me sick. It makes me ill. I make my way out of the gymnasium leaning my back at the wall. Image of Mina talking with him flashes on my mind. Geez I hate it. 

Since the realization hits me that I am in love with her. I immediately decided that I should avoid her, that I should distract myself since it's forbidden here. It's a taboo here in Korea. I ran my hand over my short hair ruffling it in frustration. 

"It's not right Alexis collect yourself." I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter