: dusk of the eighteenth.

a year of us

the atmosphere is pink

and so is the air 

and so are you.

peach blossom blooms above your chest

perhaps you are the sky, 

perhaps the sky is you. 

•••

the sky is muted blue and the clouds are dusty pink. 

chanyeol lies on his back, his arms outstretched, atop a windy hill as the sun sets. 

baekhyun lies next to him, his knees bent, breathing in the air that goes almost too fast for his lungs. 

baekhyun feels his eyes close; the pair have been enveloped in a comforting silence for a while now. 

baekhyun wonders if this is odd. he wonders if it's strange to be so... intimate with someone he's only known for a few days. but nothing about this experience feels forced. nothing feels dangerous, or scary, or wrong for bad reasons. 

if anything, this feels so completely right that it slightly terrifies him. 

to baekhyun, there doesn't have to be anything romantic in this blooming friendship. he doesn't know how chanyeol feels about him, and he knows full well that his ual orientation would not be taken lightly given the societal views on homouality in his country. 

maybe that's what he's afraid of, as he lies next to chanyeol, hands grazing and breathing in sync. 

maybe he's afraid that if they were to become something more, they would be shunned for it. 

 

chanyeol turns his head to the boy next to him. baekhyun's eyes are closed. chanyeol's own are lidded; he wants to just slip onto cloud nine, but he knows it would not be the best idea to fall asleep on baekhyun, in a place he hasn't been before. 

why is he feeling like this friendship is something different? why does he predict something beautiful in their futures? 

maybe it's the way baekhyun speaks. maybe it's the way his eyes light up when he smiles. maybe it's the way he texts. maybe it's the way he lay ontop of chanyeol in that bathtub, curled into a ball and buried deep in chanyeol's chest. 

or maybe it's something else. chanyeol doesn't know. 

"baekhyun," chanyeol begins, and as he watches baekhyun's pretty eyes flutter open and catch his own, his mind is wiped completely. 

"yeah?" baekhyun croaks, then covers his mouth at the frog-like sound he created. 

chanyeols lips spread into a warm smile. 

"we should probably head back. it's getting dark," 

chanyeol sees the minute flicker of disappointment in baekhyun's deep eyes, and winces inwardly. 

"i suppose you're right," baekhyun contradicts his expression "where do you live?" 

chanyeol stands up, outstretching his palm for baekhyun. the latter takes it and chanyeol pulls him to his feet. 

"i live in the college apartments, but in this studio thing on the top floor," chanyeol answers as he slips his guitar over his shoulders. 

"oh, cool! obviously someone as cool as you has a studio" baekhyun smirks, which chanyeol has to admit - makes him look absolutely delectable. 

"uh," chanyeol feels a blush warm his face "hah, i guess..." 

 

the pair carefully make their way down the hill the best they can in the dim evening. 

just before they reach the bottom, chanyeol's foot catches on a rock and his frantic flailing and sharp yelp is not enough to stop himself from tumbling to his knees. 

"oh my god! are you okay?" baekhyun stumbles over to the sunken ship huffing on the ground. 

chanyeol groans in embarrassment and pain as he lies face down in the muddy gravel. 

baekhyun kneels next to him and tries to focus on helping chanyeol up, but instead gets slightly sidetracked by the fact that chanyeol's shirt has ridden up far enough for baekhyun to see his toned back. 

"can you.. can you take of my guitar please?" chanyeol breathes, and baekhyun obliges, slipping the case off of his back and placing it next to the grounded giant. 

chanyeol rolls onto his back, and again, baekhyun's eyes are caught like a fish in a net, down, from his face to the hint of a lovely stomach. 

baekhyun flicks his eyes up to chanyeol's face and notices how a few flakes of gravel have actually ingrained themselves in chanyeol's cheeks, and he has what looks like a black and blue bruise forming on his cheekbone. 

"chanyeol!" baekhyun exclaims, delicately picking out the gravel "you've got a bruise coming," 

chanyeol smirks up at him, which baekhyun has to admit - makes him look absolutely delectable, and murmurs, "that's gnarly, dude."

((honestly i don't know what this chapter is i got bored and the sky looked pretty))