: march

a year of us

shady's back and she's ready 2 write ;-) ( also ive decided to just use month names as titles bc i wanna write multiple chapters of the same day ) 

no, i cant fix you, 

but i'll be there for you,

always 

• • • 

wind whipped through baekhyuns slightly damp hair, drying the chocolate mess into fuzzy clumps. he stood a few meters ahead of chanyeol, eyes closed and lungs gasping for air, feeling the way the gusts pushed against his body, an invisible force. 

chanyeol watched as baekhyun outstretched his arms to face the wind, leaning into her strength slightly, letting the weather hold him upright. a fond smile graced the tallers' lips as he caught up to his lover, stumbling up the last stretch of their hill. 

it was a grey day. the sky was white, almost blinding if one turned their head upwards. the wind was sharp and cold; the trees shifted and rustled, whispering to each other. it was an overwhelmingly underwhelming day. but baekhyun wanted to come out. and that's why chanyeol liked it so much. 

the taller reached his own arms out as he stood next to baekhyun, not closing his eyes, but peeking glances to the man next to him.

the two stood in silence.

finally, baekhyun opened his eyes, squinting as the weather striped the moisture from them. he rubbed his eyes and plopped down onto the grass, chanyeol following suit. 

"it's pretty," the smaller mused, eyes scanning the city, glazed and unreadable. 

chanyeol was quiet for a moment, before chuckling and smirking at baekhyun. "so are you" 

he watched as baekhyun's face squirmed at the ty compliment before forming into a bashful smile. he rested his head on his knees, turning towards chanyeol. "good one"

they both began to giggle, although neither was actually sure what was so funny. 

"hey baek," chanyeol gazed ahead of him before his vision settled on said man, eyes shining with a mischievous glassiness "you're a bubble" 

"what?" baekhyun's eyes narrowed and he gave chanyeol his best pokerface. 

"you're unbeliBUBBLE!" he announced with pride, shooting fingerguns at his very unamused boyfriend. 

baekhyun stared blankly. "you're unbelibubbly bad at jokes" 

"augh!" chanyeol clutched his chest in mock hurt "baekhyun! you destroyed me!" 

baekhyun snorted, gently shoving chanyeol onto his side. 

"euaghh!" chanyeol squirmed on the damp grass "KO!" 

"that's right!" baekhyun crawled towards him, hands reaching out and tracing up chanyeols chest, making the younger squirm even more. "i defeated the giant!!" he began lightly tickling chanyeol's sides, resulting in the kicking of limbs and pleads for mercy. 

"aghhh!" chanyeol hiccuped as baekhyun shuffled onto his hips and pinned him in place giggling manically, hands unforgiving. "baek, st- stop!" 

apparently, in baekhyun's dictionary, "stop" meant "oh please baekhyun, tickle me more", which he did, resulting in chanyeol's ears to burn read and his toes to curl. 

this was no game anymore. this was war. 

chanyeol s his hands onto baekhyun's hips, lingering at the bottom of the older's soft t-shirt. baekhyun wriggled, trying to maintain control, complaining onto deaf ears "hey! stop! it's not fair!"

chuckling, he let his hands travel further, under the smaller's t-shirt, as baekhyun aimed for his neck, resulting​ in a sharp jolt from chanyeol, much to the smaller's advantage. chanyeol's hands wandered up baekhyun's bare stomach; it was soft and squishy and chanyeol had to suppress his smile. this was war. no time to fawn over his body, he reminded his stubborn mind. 

baekhyun began to retreat, giggling as he defended his territory. he grabbed ahold of chanyeols large hands on his tummy and squeezed them tightly, cheeks painted pink. chanyeol smiled widely from his place in the grass, gazing up in awe at the blushing boy in his lap.

chanyeol's fingers wiggled under baekhyun's grip, skimming his tummy again and causing the older to turn even pinker, if that was humanly possible. a chuckle escaped chanyeol's lips and he let his hands go limp. baekhyun still held them tightly. 

 

 

an hour or so later of shy giggling and wandering hands, the two began to trudge down the hill. by now it was about one o'clock, and by the gurgling of baekhyun's stomach, it was obvious that it was lunch time. 

they walked with their fingers interlinked until they reached the busier area of town, both letting go slowly, but keeping their arms bumping against the one next to them. 

baekhyun didnt know what to do with his hands without the warmth of chanyeol's own, so he stuffed them in his pockets, elbow bumping against his lover's forearm. 

they made their way to a small yet busy café and nestled themselves into a snug corner. the café was decorated with hanging plants, potted plants, any plant you could think of, it'd be there. heck, they even had a vine wall. chanyeol went up to order as baekhyun observed the inhabitants of the small café. 

there were a few couples, a mother and a small child no older than 4. baekhyun smiled as the mother fed her child a piece of cake, icing smearing round his little mouth. there were only a few baristas on duty, but they seemed to have it under control. one was a tall, tanned man with ridiculous ice cream like hair. his name tag read Kim Nam-Jun. another was a petite woman with pretty eyes and a warm smile to every customer. she had smiled at them on their way in, actually. baekhyun could just make out her name tag: Kim Na-Yeon. the third and final employee was a shy looking girl with the name tag Lee Soo-Hyun, who was on the till, smiling at customers and biting her lips, seemingly in nervousness.  they all seemed to get along, exhanging dumb jokes, just as he and chanyeol did, despite looking starkingly contrasting to each other. baekhyun loved people-watching. 

chanyeol returned to their little table, snapping baekhyun out of his almost creepy stalker mode. 

they sat, waiting for their coffee and meals (cake), exchanging small talk about sehun, jongin and kyungsoo and how the latter two definitley have something going on. 

the smiley barista called out "chanyeol!" and the taller stood up to collect their order, winking at his boyfriend as he rose. baekhyun watched the exchange between the barista and his boyfriend; the girl seemed sweet as she attempted to hand chanyeol the plates and cups in one go before realising that a tray would most likely be useful in this situation. they laughed, and baekhyun found himself chuckling to himself as she loaded up the tray. he caught himself being creepy again and instantly silenced himself. 

"une café for the cutie over here" the warm voice rang out as chanyeol slid over, tray in hand. 

baekhyun smiled sweetly "merci, monsieur" 

the smaller hastily took a bite out of his cream-puff, his lips of the left over cream. he looked up at chanyeol, pastry in his mouth, ready to smile, but was met with a strange, darkened, almost seductive gaze from his boyfriend. 

"pardon my french," chanyeol subconsciously his own lips, throat growing drier by the second, "but you look ing delicious"

baekhyun almost choked on his creampuff, before gathering himself and locking eyes with chanyeol, eyes shining at the peculiar compliment. 

"ooh lah lah, monsieur, how scandalous of you"