: january 17th.

a year of us

saint jude: 

the patron saint of lost causes. 

saint jude: 

we were lost before she started.

•••

its been seventeen days since baekhyun first met chanyeol, and seventeen days since they last spoke. well, they didnt really speak; waking up peacefully in eachothers arms was quickly followed by an awkward compliment, awkward scrambling to get out of the mysterious bathtub, and an even more awkward departure - after just re-learning eachothers' names from the night before.

college was  steadily getting more and more drowsy - the spring term began only two days after new year. baekhyun thinks that that is totally unreasonable as he most definitely needed more time to think about the stranger- chanyeol. 

baekhyun had seem him around college; he was usually by himself, lugging around a large guitar case on his back. baekhyun was suprised that his gangly legs could even support such a grand looking thing. 

chanyeol's name was most definitley one he had heard before. sometimes he heard the boys' name being uttered around the halls, in the corridors of the apartment complex, pretty much anywhere. even his homely group of friends had mentioned chanyeol before. 

but nobody actually knew him, it seemed. always, in the conversations baekhyun never paid attention to, chanyeol was portrayed as this mysterious, intruiging guitar player that was never actually in college, but rather "somewhere else".

but today, out of the blue, they bumped into eachother once more. 

literally. 

 

baekhyun looked left and right, checking for any incoming traffic, and once seeing that he was safe, strolled across the street, into campus. it was cold - but on an overcast day in mid-january what more could you expect?

he glanced at his phone, and realising that he was 10 minutes late to his lecture, picked up a steady pace, keeping his eyes on his phone, overchecking the time. 

the air was knocked out of his lungs as he collided with something not quite metal enough to be a lampost. 

"oh, ," baekhyun gasped, trying to catch his breath. 

"Jesus, are you walking fast enough?" a low rumble smacked baekhyun almost as hard as his body had. 

and as baekhyun heard his voice, he knew exactly who it was. 

you have really pretty eyes 

 "chanyeol?" baekhyun looked up at the boy opposite him, taking in his messy black hair and kind eyes. 

"hey! it's you!" chanyeol's face broke into a eye-crinkling smile. "what's up, baked bun?" 

baekhyun watched as chanyeol chuckled to himself at his extremely witty and hilarious play on words, and had to supress a smile himself.

"nothing much" baekhyun checked his phone, and suddenly remembered why he had been breaking the walking-speed-limit. "butishouldhavebeeninclassfifteenminutesago"

chanyeol noticed the smaller become agitated, and fished through his clutter-filled pocket, pulled out an old reciept, scribbled something down before stuffing it in baekhyun's phone occupied hands. 

"get to class, then. bye, baked bun." 

chanyeol brushed past him, forearm bumping with baekhyun's, and he took his leave. 

baekhyun looked down at the reciept, turned it over and saw chanyeol's number messily scribbled across the shopping list. 

he stuffed it in his pocket and ran to class with ghost of a smile spilling onto his lips.