: january 17th, 18:07.

a year of us

i dont want to be vulnerable  

and i swore i would never be.

but then you noticed me.

(h.s.)

•••

baekhyun had been thinking about the note in his back pocket all day. it wanted to be called so badly that it had burned a hole through to his arse - metaphorically, of course.

so, as he finally turned the lock to his apartment, he readilly unlocked is phone and pulled out the note.

baekhyun plopped down on the sofa, and after listening out for sehun's - his close friend and flatmate - useless pattering in the kitchen, typed chanyeol's number into his contact list.

was he being overexcited? most likely. did he really care because chanyeol had been the only thing on his mind for the past seventeen days and had been dying to get to know him better? not at all. he pondered about calling him, but that would bring sehun sprinting in, ready to devour everything about the situation to feed his gossip-hungry head. so baekhyun settled on texting him.

baekhyun: hello.. this is baekhyun.. from earlier. u gave me ur number

he had tried to make it sound as casual as possible, but immediately regretted adding 'u gave me ur number'. it sounded so confrontational, and to be frank, was an odd thing to state anyway.

baekhyun tried not to think about it too much.

less than two minutes later, his phone buzzed twice and he practically sprung off of the wall he had been bumping his head against.

chanyeol(the bath guy): heyy! i didn't think you'd actually text me.

chanyeol(the bath guy): so, baeked bun, how are you this fine evening?

baekhyun giggled. and baekhyun never giggles.

baekhyun: i'm alright, how about you? also, if u don't mind me asking since i dont know u at all, why do u always have ur guitar at school? i've heard people talk about it..

chanyeol(the bath guy): i'm really really good right now thnks :) why don't we get to know eachother then? if you dont mind..

chanyeol(the bath guy): like maybe i ask a question and you answer and vice versa?

baekhyun noticed how he hadn't actually answered his own question, but decided not to push it.

baekhyun: okay, sure.. you ask first

chanyeol(the bath guy): okie dokie, favourite colour?

baekhyun: crimson, whats yours?

chanyeol(the bath guy): blue. like night blue, you know. the colour the sky is right now.

baekhyun peered out of the window and into the night, and suddenly, his favourite colour wasn't crimson. in a moment, his favourite colour became the deep velvety blue that glittered mutely with barely visible stars. it was also, sort of the colour of the deep sea, where baekhyun imagined there to be no sound, and if there were, it would only be the steady breaths of his own mouth, and bubbles, if they could inhabit a noise.

baekhyun suddenly felt extremely at ease. 

chanyeol(the bath guy): closest object to you?

baekhyun: does the window count? and u too.

chanyeol(the bath guy): yes, suppose it does. :) and i'd have to say my bed?

baekhyun: birthday??

chanyeol(the bath guy): november 27. you?

baekhyun: ooh winter baby. may sixth.

chanyeol(the bath guy): ooh spring baby. favourite book of all time EVER?

baekhyun: that's hard!!! don't do that to me

baekhyun: but i'd have to say either The Alchemist, or poet's books. i like them.

chanyeol(the bath guy): that's sweet. what do you like to do on weekends?

 

and on they went until the early hours of the next day, both of them aware, or maybe not aware, that they had school in less than six hours. and as baekhyun fell asleep at 03:47, he had a new favourite colour, book, film, and unknowingly, as only time could tell, a new favourite person, too.