: march 3rd.

a year of us

even if the world ends,

i know that if i'm with you, 

we'll be okay. 

•••

"i can't take my eyes off of you," ebony eyes soaked in his olive skin; shaky fingers traced the angles and dips of arched spines. tiled walls and ivory surfaces would've seemed cold in any other situation. 

hot breath fanned over his neck, sending an involuntary shudder through his bones. crimson cheeks and pillowy lips consumed his mind, and his head buzzed as large palms handled him with such passionate gentleness. 

"baekhyun," the name echoed in his ears, and the young man let out a unstable groan. "baekhyun,

"yeol," baekhyun whispered, voice stumbling, but audible. 

"he said your name." 

"no he didn't, shut up," 

"he's dreaming about you, oh my god," 

"no he's not, leave me alone." 

baekhyun's eyes flicked open, and he frowned, confused as to why chanyeol wasn't lying with him, kissing his neck as he had just moments prior. jongin and kyungsoo stood above him, eyes cast downward, watching baekhyun with amused expressions. 

jongin leaned close to kyungsoo and whispered something, his lips grazing the shell of latter's ear as he did so. kyungsoo snorted and moved away, over to the crowded coffee table that accommodated sehun and chanyeol, who were indulging in the five star breakfast that was cornflakes. 

chanyeol. 

"yeol," baekhyun's throat creaked in response to its sudden use. "why are you... why are you over... over there?" 

the taller's mouth hung open; the entire room fell into an excruciating silence, jongin and kyungsoo snickering behind concealing palms, sehun's eyes practically blowing out of his head as he tried to keep a soggy spoonful of cereal in his mouth. 

"what do you mean, byun?" chanyeol spoke slowly, unbeknownst that an endearing smile was working its way onto his lips. 

baekhyun dug the heels of his palms into his closed eyes, and the blanket of sleep seemed very inviting until he realised he had been spoken to. 

"huh?" he stared down chanyeol, noticing how his plump lips glistened slightly, how his dark hair was unruly, just as it was when he kissed him, and how his skin seemed fresher today, relishing in its golden glory. "oh, why aren't you... with me? you just were..." 

"baek, he's been eating breakfast for twenty minutes," sehun commented, eyeing chanyeol. "it's complete mush now, you can't have cereal for that long, dude." 

chanyeol smirked, but devoted his attention to baekhyun's sleepy form shrouded in blankets that the four of them had wrapped him in when they had woken up, several hours prior. 

"no he hasn't. he was with me. you were with me. you were here," baekhyun motioned vaguely to the cramped sofa he was curled up on. his eyes delved into chanyeol, and the taller took him in, his breath becoming shallow as baekhyun sat up. "you lay down.. and you told me... you told me that you liked my eyes. you said... you said 'you have really pretty eyes', and i smiled, and i told you that you danced funny, which is weird, because i've never seen you dance, and-" 

baekhyun halted in his spoken train of thought as chanyeol rose from the ground and advanced towards him, a strange expression painted onto his usually gentle features. 

sehun, jongin and kyungsoo exchanged brief eyecontact, and all three left the room, taking their sopping cornflakes with them, whispering and chuckling as they clustered in the kitchen. 

chanyeol sat directly infront of baekhyun, eyes wide as he urged the smaller to continue. "and then what happened?" he mustered under his breath, searching baekhyun's tired face intently. 

"and... then," baekhyun's windpipe decided ever-so-kindly to cut him off, leaving a gasping and reddening young man blubbering over his words that came out so easily until chanyeol was so close. "and then you danced, and did this movement with your leg, and we laughed. and then..." 

baekhyun's voice had simmered to a whisper, barely audible if it weren't for chanyeol's close proximity. "and then you kissed me."

chanyeol watched how baekhyun's mouth moved as he spoke. he watched as his pupils grew larger than the moon, he watched the skittering nervousness in his eyes. the smaller shifted his head so that his neck was exposed. "you kissed me here," a delicate finger traced the left side of his throat. "and here," baekhyun patted his cheek; it was scalding. he observed chanyeol for any signs of discomfort before proceeding.  "and... you kissed me here," 

chanyeol was as soft as he looked. baekhyun pressed his lips to the boy opposite him tentatively. he could feel chanyeol tense slightly, then relax, and lean in minutely. baekhyun exhaled a breathy laugh against chanyeol's mouth, the latter following suit, and they broke apart. baekhyun sat, dazed, television static flooding his brain, although the kiss only lasted for a fraction of a moment. 

chanyeol ducked his head, reddening profusely, stratching the back of his neck bluntly as baekhyun fiddled with a loose threat of one of the many blankets that were settled around his waist. 

"that was nice," the taller mumbled bashfully, finally raising his vision to lock with baekhyun's. "i've got the weirdest feeling of déjà vu ..." 

baekhyun simply smiled, not mentioning that he shared exactly the same feeling. 

"your eyes are really pretty though, byun." 

•••

after ten minutes of hushed whispers and shy compliments, kyungsoo entered the room with two mugs balanced in (what would be a precarious position if it were anyone else) his right hand, and another in his left.  

chanyeol and baekhyun watched him come in silently. they had inched away from eachother marginally, but kyungsoo knew, and kyungsoo saw the way they looked at eachother, and kyungsoo had heard how baekhyun 'wanted to hear chanyeol play guitar'. 

"hello," he spoke once he sat down, handing the mugs to the pair. 

"hello, soo," baekhyun's voice was laced with a smile. kyungsoo knew what that smile was. his smile was one of comfort, one of trust and understanding and want and maybe even sadness, kyungsoo wasn't sure. his friend's eyes danced, and the bespectacled man observed their ruby red blushes and teens-in-love anxious fiddling. 

chanyeol raised the mug to his lips, and kyungsoo noticed the way baekhyun's eyes were trained on his mouth; his breathing became noticeably shallower and his eyes flickered between chanyeol's lips and his downcast eyes. 

baekhyun glanced at kyungsoo, who sent him a motherly smile of approval as he rose to his feet. 

"thanks, soo," baekhyun mumbled, smiling shyly at the omniscient gaze he was in the spotlight of.

"yeah, thankyou, dude," chanyeol exclaimed a little too loudly as he finished drinking, shocking both kyungsoo and baekhyun. the latter gazed at him for a split second, and it would've been missed if he weren't scrutinising the pair's every move. 

"it's okay," the small man ducked his head slightly before shuffling back to the kitchen, where jongin and sehun were probably on their tenth slice of toast each - the two had a strange obsession with toast that kyungsoo didnt need, or want, to understand. 

that's love, kyungsoo thought as he entered the kitchen, hearing chanyeol and baekhyun's giggles from the living room. 

"what are you smiling so much about?" sehun practically yelled through his mouthful of toast. jongin bared his teeth in a ridiculous laugh and he and sehun collapsed, gasping for air in between suffocating mouthfuls of dry bread. 

kyungsoo simply shook his head.