Chapter 6

Universes Unknown

The boys arrived back at their dorm much later that evening.  Everyone crashed on beds and couches.  Some didn't even make it that far and just laid down right there on the floor.  They were all just way too tired to notice the tension between Yixing and Junmyeon. 

Yixing lead the way into their room, feet dragging from sheer exhaustion.  Junmyeon followed in his wake.  He was unsure of what to say to the boy.  He had sensed the tension ever since he ignored him at their vocal lesson.  After the door to their bedroom clicked shut, Junmyeon turned to face the blonde who had already climbed up onto his bunk.  Yixing hadn't even bothered to put on his pajamas. 

"Yixing?" Junmyeon asked quietly, staring at the floor.

"Mmmm?" The poor boy was too tired to open his eyes. 

"I'm sorry."

"Turn off the lights," Yixing mumbled.

"Can you ever forgive me?"

There was no response whatsoever.  Junmyeon peered up at the sleepy blonde and saw that he had fallen asleep.  He looked so peaceful and angelic in his slumber.  It made Junmyeon wonder how he could ever be so cruel to Yixing.  Yixing was nothing but kind to him and he blew it.  

Good job, Junmyeon.  You already hurt the one person in this world who actually seemed to care about you.  Now he will never want to speak to you again.    

Junmyeon let out a shaky sigh, pulled on some pajamas, and climbed into bed.  Maybe tomorrow he could talk to Yixing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

"Jun? Junmyeon?"

Someone whispered and lightly shook Junmyeon's shoulder. 

"Jun, you have to wake up.  We need to start getting ready."

"Mmmmm....five more minutes.  I was having a really crazy dream." Junmyeon muttered almost incomprehensibly.
 
"But Junmyeon! We have to go to our vocal and dance lessons! Remember?"

That's when for the second time in two days, the dark haired boy realized he wasn't at home.  For a moment he wanted to believe that this was all just a dream.  That none of this was real.  That he was in his apartment and EXO was nothing but a distant memory.  But then he opened his eyes and realized that maybe home wasn't what he wanted.  Yixing's big beautiful eyes were mere inches away from Junmyeon's face.  And maybe, just maybe, that's where Junmyeon wanted to be.

You're not gay and Yixing hates you.  

"Y-yixing?"

"Come on, silly ! You need to get up!" Yixing was practically oozing joy.

"You're n-not still m-mad at me, a-are you?" Junmyeon asked, sitting up in his bed.  He did have to hunch over a little because of the bunk bed directly above him.  

"Mad? No.  I can't blame you.  I was the one who made things awkward between us.  I was out of line and probably made you feel super uncomfortable.  So if there's anyone who needs to apologize, it's me.  I'm sorry, Jun."

"No! Yixing! Please don't apologize! It's all my fault.  I'm so sorry for hurting you.  Look, nobody has ever said anything like that to me.  I just didn't know how to respond to something so meaningful."

"A simple thank you would have sufficed." Yixing laughed and poked fun at Junmyeon.

"Does this mean you forgive me?"

"Of course, silly! I'm so glad things are back to normal." The blonde boy beamed at the dark haired boy. "Now I think you should really start getting ready.  You have to go to your vocal practice with the rest of EXO-K."

The familiar feeling of anxiety began to bubble in Junmyeon's chest.  He and Yixing were splitting up today.  He would have to dance without Yixing's help.  He knew that somehow he was going to make a fool of himself in front of the other EXO-K members.  There was no way he was going to be able to do an entire routine without Yixing's help.

Noticing the fear in Junmyeon's eyes, Yixing sat down beside his friend and rubbed comforting circles on his back. "Are you afraid of going to dance practice without me?"

Junmyeon nodded.  He could barely breathe.  Talking was certainly out of the question at the moment.

"Jun, don't be so worried.  I know you can do this.  You did fine yesterday."

"But I can't do this, Yixing.  Not without you."

"Yes...you can! Stop telling yourself you can't."

"But..."

"No buts!"

"Bu...."

"Damn it, Jun!" Junmyeon was taken aback by the sudden brashness in Yixing's voice. "It's ok to be afraid of things, but you can't let that fear control your life.  Sometimes it's ok to just let loose and be happy.  Junmyeon, you are brilliant.  It's a shame you don't see that.  Now not another word.  Get up and get dressed." The adorable boy shoved Junmyeon off the bed and pushed him towards the closet.  

Junmyeon sighed in defeat and began to get ready for the day.

"OH WAIT!" Yixing yelped excitedly.  He was bouncing on his feet. "We get a surprise today! I love surprises! I'm so excited! Oh yay yay YAY!"

Junmyeon chuckled as he pulled on his shirt.  What could he say? The boy's excitement was contagious. "Come on, Xing.  Let's go." 

Yixing and Junmyeon left the room to find that Yixing's excitement was mutual amongst all the members.  Any thoughts of yesterday's cruel manager and exhausting practices were long forgotten as everyone chattered wildly about their upcoming surprise.

"I wonder what it is!"

"I hope it's good!"

"Maybe it's food!"

"Or a puppy!"

"I LOVE PRESENTS!"

The atmosphere was so animated that it was hard to tell who was shouting what.

"Will everyone please just be quiet?!" Kris yelled. "We don't even know if we're gonna get it or not yet.  It all depends on how well practice goes, remember? Besides, you're giving me a headache." 

"Leave it to ole Grandpa Kris to be such a buzz kill." Jongdae joked, earning himself a glare from the formerly mentioned, Kris.  

"Hey, stop picking on Kris!" said Tao as he massaged his lover's temple.

"Ha! What are you gonna do about it?" Apparently, Jongdae was fired up and ready for a fight.  Although, he should have known better than to instigate wushu master, Huang Zitao.  Because just then Tao did a really cool martial arts flip that would have scared even the most well trained martial artists away.  

As cool as Tao's skills were, Jongdae still didn't seem fazed, though.  In fact, he just laughed and muttered something about a haunted house and hand warmers.  That shut Tao up real fast.  

After a quick glance at the clock, Kyungsoo reminded everyone that it was time to go.  The boys all filed out the door and into the car.  Some were still whispering about their excitement for their surprise at the end of the day.  

Junmyeon stared out the window and watched all the buildings zoom by.  As happy as the atmosphere was, his anxiety over having to go to a dance practice without Yixing present was threatening to overcome him once again.

Yixing grabbed hold of Junmyeon's hand and gave it a little squeeze.  

"Thanks, Xing." Junmyeon smiled at the blonde.  Yixing always seemed to know just how to calm him down.

"There it is again."

"What?" Junmyeon asked.  He had no idea what Yixing was talking about.

"You called me Xing.  You gave me a nickname!"

"Huh.  Yeah....I guess I did."

"Jun and Xing.  Jun....and Xing.  I got it! JunXing!"

"JunXing?"

"Yeah! JunXing.  It's cute.  I like it!" Yixing mused.

"Actually, it's Sulay." said the deep voice that belonged to Chanyeol.  The tall boy and his little diva were sitting in the seats behind Yixing and Junmyeon.  The mentioned boys both shared a look of confusion before asking Chanyeol to elaborate.

"It's what the fans gave you guys as a ship name." The tall boy responded to them

"What's a ship name?" Junmyeon questioned.

"I don't own a boat." Yixing was very confused.

Baekhyun giggled. "You guys still don't remember anything? Maybe we should take you to the hospital.  A ship is when the fans have to two people they want to be in a romantic relationship.  They give you cute ship names and everything.  My personal favorites are Kaisoo, Hunhan, and of course Baekyeol."

"So then where do they get Sulay from?" Yixing asked.  Junmyeon was still too embarrassed over the fact that people thought of him and Yixing as a couple.

"It's a combination of your stage names, Suho and Lay," Chanyeol answered.  

"Oh" was all Yixing could say before the van pulled up to SM Entertainment.  

The EXO members all disembarked from the van and entered the building.  Kris, Luhan, Tao, Jongdae, and Minseok all started to head down one hallway while Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Sehun moved down another.  This was it.

Yixing pulled Junmyeon into a tight hug. "Good luck, Jun.  I know you can do it.  Plus, maybe we'll get to see each other at lunch." he whispered into Junmyeon's ear.

"Thanks, Xing." And with shaking hands, Junmyeon let go of Yixing and followed the five EXO-K members to their vocal lesson.  

The boys arrived at their practice room moments later and Junmyeon sat in the same seat he was in yesterday.  Wendy, their instructor, arrived shortly after and began the lesson. "Overdose" wasn't too hard of a song to learn.  What was hard was trying to learn it in Chinese.  Wendy was able to get a copy and she had gotten the ok from management to begin teaching it to the boys.  

The vocal lesson flew by in the blink of an eye and before Junmyeon knew it, he was holding a tray of food in the cafeteria.  His eyes swiveled around, hoping to catch a glimpse of a familiar blonde head of hair but to no avail.  With a heavy heart, the boy joined his new friends at their table and bit into his apple.  Jongin and Kyungsoo were chatting away to each other while Baekhyun and Chanyeol were trying to covertly flirt with each other.  This left Junmyeon and Sehun to sit together in an awkward silence.  Both of their other halves were EXO-M members.

Junmyeon couldn't take the stare he was getting from the maknae anymore.  It was giving him goosebumps. "So....that weather was nice right?"

Sehun smirked. "Really, hyung? The weather?"

Junmyeon's cheeks turned about 10x shades deeper a pink. 

The younger's face softened a little as he stood up. "It's ok, hyung.  We don't have to talk.  I'm gonna go get myself a bubble tea, anyway.  Want one?"

That actually sounded really good.  So Junmyeon nodded and pulled out his credit card. "Here.  I'll pay for it." Junmyeon said as he handed the card over to Sehun.

"Cool.  Thanks, hyung." The maknae walked off towards the vendors.

Definitely not as mean as he looks.  Sehun actually seems really sweet when he's not trying to be cool. 

After Sehun returned with the tea, the mood between the two became less of an awkward mood and more of a father/son kind of affectionate mood.  It was actually pretty nice.  The only thing that could have made it better was if Yixing was there.  

Junmyeon had almost forgotten that his long feared dance practice was looming ever closer.  But sure enough, the time came.  The boys cleaned up their table and began the trek to the practice room.  Junmyeon's nerves spiked with every step he took.  The only thing that kept him from panicking right then and there was Yixing's voice in his mind, reminding him that everything would be just fine.

The EXO-K boys rounded one last corner where they found the EXO-M boys just leaving the practice room.  Luhan and Sehun locked eyes.  Luhan smiled at his boyfriend like he hadn't seen him in years.  Sehun looked like he was trying really hard to not run up to Luhan and kiss him on the spot.  Junmyeon could understand Sehun's struggle.  Yixing was giving him his favorite million dollar dimple smile.  It made it difficult for Junmyeon to restrain his urge to go up to Yixing and hug him tightly.   

"How was it?" Kyungsoo asked the other half of EXO.

"Well, they got a rough track of the instrumental parts for "Overdose".  So we got started on learning our new choreography." Luhan was the one who responded.  

"And how is the choreography?" Jongin asked this time.

"Oh it's just horrible! Absolutely the worst choreo we've ever done!" Jongdae piped up.

"Will someone who isn't trying to scare us answer me?" Jongin deadpanned.

"I'm serious! Just ask Kris.  That's why we're running behind.  Blondie couldn't stop his feet from flying all over the galaxy." Jongdae continued, now rubbing his hand over the spot on his arm where Kris had just punched him.   

"Look, as enlightening as this conversation is, I'm hungry and would like to get a snack at the cafeteria before we go to our vocal lesson," Minseok grumbled.  His stomach seemed to growl at the perfect time for emphasis.    

With that, the boys began to part ways once more.

Yixing stopped by Junmyeon's side. "It's not that bad.  You've got this."


Then before Junmyeon realized what was happening, Yixing leaned in and gave Junmyeon a swift peck on the cheek and skipped off with the other members.  Junmyeon, on the other hand, stood there in a state of shock.  The K members were already inside the practice room, so they didn't see a thing.  They didn't know how Junmyeon's heart fluttered.  Or how he felt electricity run through his body when Yixing kissed him.  All Junmyeon could do was stand there with his hand on his cheek.

Sehun poked his head out the door. "You coming, hyung?"

Junmyeon lowered his hand a smiled. "I'll be there in a minute, Sehun."


A/N I want to apologize for two things! Sorry for not updating in a few days.  Please forgive me.  I've had work and I've been sick.  Also, I'm sorry if this seems all over the place.  I really have no excuse other than I was watching my favorite Studio Ghibli film (Spirited Away) while writing this.  And now it's almost 3:00 AM lol.  I tried to put some more Sulay fluff in this one.  I hope it's enough to make up for my lack of updating.  

P.S I wrote a Kaisoo oneshot!! Here's a link if you want to check it out: 
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1122913/the-diary-of-do-kyungsoo-bullying-oneshot-depression-exo-kaisoo-highschoolau