Chapter 4

Universes Unknown

The group arrived at the SM Entertainment building after a short while.  The boys climbed out of the vehicle, all chatting happily amongst themselves.  Well, all except for one.  Junmyeon was absolutely terrified.  He had never sung or danced in front of anyone before.  He wasn't even sure if he could dance.  If this K-pop group was as popular as they say they are, then their choreography must be really complex.  How was he ever going to keep up with the rest of the guys? Maybe they'll all understand since they all think he has amnesia.  He certainly did not sign up for this.  His nerves were going insane.  Junmyeon realized in the car that he didn't have his anti-anxiety medication on him either, so he hadn't taken them this morning.   This was going to be an adventure he did not want to take.

"Jun, are you ok?" Yixing asked, matching Junmyeon's slow pace.

"Yixing, I don't think I can do this.  Why are we even doing this? We're not who they think we are." Junmyeon responded, afraid to even look Yixing in the eye.

"No.  But right now they're all we have.  Why don't you think you can do this? You seem fine to me."

"I can't dance.  And I've never sung in front of anyone before." Junmyeon barely whispered, hoping Yixing didn't hear.  But of course, he did.

"Kim Junmyeon, you need to stop thinking so negatively.  You'll do just fine."

"What if I mess up?"

"Then I'll help you.  Before we ended up here, I was a dance major at my university.  And I was minoring in vocals too."

Junmyeon finally gazed at the blonde's face.  An encouraging smile graced Yixing's cheeks. "You would do that for me?"

Yixing rolled his eyes. "Of course I would, Jun.  What are friends for?"

He called us friends.

"Thanks, Yixing." A small smile appearing on Junmyeon's face for a split second.

"Anytime! I just hope our dance instructor isn't as mean as that manager."

The 12 boys rounded a corner.  It was then that a voice called out, "Hey Jongin!" 

Jongin looked around until he spotted a man waving at him from beside a water cooler.  The man had long, blonde hair and a handsome face.  Jongin returned the smile to his friend.  He let go of Kyungsoo's hand (Kyungsoo looking quite sad about that) and ran up to give his friend a hug. "Taemin! How have you been? It's good to see you! I expect the SHINee world tour went well."

Not wanting to take part in the TaeKai bromance, most of the EXO boys left to find the studio.  Leaving behind only Kyungsoo, Yixing, and Junmyeon.  Kyungsoo, of course, wanted to stay with his boyfriend.  Junmyeon only stayed because he felt more comfortable around Jongin, Yixing, and Kyungsoo than he did the other boys.  That and he was avoiding dance practice at all costs.  As for Yixing, Junmyeon assumed he stayed behind to be moral support for Junmyeon like he had promised.

"Yeah.  The fans loved it.  I've been doing alright.  What about you? What happened to your face? It's all swollen!" Taemin looked the boy up and down.

"Oh, it's nothing.  Just a little accident this morning, but I'll be alright.  Especially with my sweet boyfriend here to take care of me." Jongin said as he reconnected hands with Kyungsoo.

Taemin eyed the couple's hands before he spoke again. "Oh....you guys are a thing now? Congratulations."

Maybe it was Junmyeon's imagination, but Taemin didn't seem too thrilled that Jongin and Kyungsoo were a couple.  Kyungsoo definitely noticed Taemin's attitude, though, and was shooting daggers at the other boy.  Jongin, on the other hand, didn't seem to notice the sudden tension between the two.

"Thanks, Tae! That means a lot! I love him so much." And as if to prove his point, Jongin turned and kissed Kyungsoo on the cheek.

Kyungsoo's cheeks lit up a bright pink "Jongin, stop it.  Someone will see.  We don't want to get kicked out of the company."

"Sorry, babe.  I forgot." And he let go of Kyungsoo's hand. "Anyway, we're gonna be late to practice if we don't get going.  Good to see you, Tae.  We should hang out sometime!"

" Yeah, definitely! See you later, Jongin! Bye Junmyeon and Yixing." Taemin smiled and waved at the three.  But his face turned cold when he looked at Kyungsoo. "Kyungsoo."

"Taemin." Kyungsoo's stare was just as cold as Taemin's.

And with that, the four boys turned their backs on Taemin and ran off to dance practice.  Moments later they pushed open door only to find a worried instructor.  "Where have you guys been?! I've been so worried! Those guys kept saying you were resigning because you heard I had a poor training style!" she gestured towards the boys that were scattered around the floor, stretching.

Jongin laughed. "Let me guess.  Jongdae, Minseok, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol told you that?"

"Yeah!" The instructor responded, the mentioned four trying to hold in their giggles.

"Look I know you're new and everything, so that's why I'm gonna warn you.  Jongdae is the king of trolls," Kyungsoo informed her, "and the other three are like his minions.  Never trust anything they tell you."

The instructor's mouth formed a big O.  Then she calmly asked the four latecomers to start their stretches.  

Junmyeon followed Yixing to a corner near the back of the room and sat on the floor.  Yixing stretched his legs so far apart that Junmyeon would've thought he was made of some kind of fantastic elastic.  Yixing leaned forward, causing part of his shirt to lift up in the back.  The milky smooth skin making Junmyeon's heart race.  How could one person be so beautiful? 

Realizing that he was staring, Junmyeon coughed and then attempted the position Yixing was in.  The problem was that Yixing was flexible, Jumyeon was not.  

Laughing quietly to himself at Junmyeon's poor flexibility, Yixing decided to switch to a new and much easier stretch.  Junmyeon copied, feeling relieved that he was no longer in pain down south.  

After several minutes of stretching, or attempted stretching on Junmyeon's part, the instructor called for their attention. "Alright EXO listen up.  I am your new instructor.  You can call me Sana.  I may be new, but that doesn't mean you can push me around." She glared in the direction of the four troublemakers. "That's why I have decided for your first practice with me, we're going right into your harder routines.  You can take a break after an hour, but only if you impress me." 

Everyone groaned. 

"Thanks a lot, Jongdae!" Tao complained.

"Hey! It wasn't all me! Baekhyun and Chanyeol helped too." Jongdae retorted.

"Oi! See if we help you again." Chanyeol shot back.

"Yeah, besides Minnie ain't so innocent either!" Baekhyun snapped.

"Well I couldn't turn in my little Minnie, now could I?!" Jongdae looked incredulous.

"Awww...thanks Jongdae." Minseok smiled back at Jongdae.

"That's enough, boys!" Sana took back control of the practice. "Now get into your positions for 'Growl'! I want to see what you've got."

"Ummmm...Sana?" Yixing raised his hand.

"Now what?" Sana sighed.

"Junmyeon and I actually don't know that dance.  Or any of EXO's choreography."

"What do you mean you don't know the choreography? Haven't you been practicing this for years?"

"Sana, if I may?" Jongin spoke up. "These two woke up with a weird form of amnesia.  They didn't remember who any of us were either."

Sana sighed again. "Alright fine.  You two can sit out and watch.  Maybe that'll spark some of your memory.  If you feel comfortable, then you can join in.  In the meantime will everyone else just please get into their positions."

Junmyeon gratefully scurried over to the side and sat back down.  Yixing sat next to him and focused his eyes on the boys who were now in their formation.  Sana hit play on the stereo and the music started.  The boys all moved in sync with each other.  It was really a fascinating dance routine.  Yixing was enjoying it as well.  Junmyeon could almost see the excited shudders ripple through the blonde's body.

The song ended and Sana asked the boys to return to their starting positions.  Yixing jumped up and ran over to the boys.  He asked Luhan where he was supposed to be and then joined the lineup.  Once again Sana hit play on the stereo and music started.  The dance was just as nice as before.  But Yixing.  Junmyeon couldn't take his eyes off of him.  He was mesmerizing.  It was everything about him.  From the way he easily picked up the choreography, to the beautiful and fluid movements of his body.  If Junmyeon could only see one thing for the rest of his life, he hoped it would be Yixing dancing.  The boy was glowing like some ethereal being.  

Just as soon as the song had started, it had come to an end.  Junmyeon's heart was beating out of his chest due to the beauty of Yixing's performance.  Yixing then ran up to Junmyeon and grabbed his hand.  He began to drag him out to the area where the boys were getting ready to go again. 

"Come on, Junmyeon.  Don't be scared.  You've got this!" Yixing grinned.

Junmyeon nodded because who could resist those dimples.  Yixing pushed him into his starting position and the music began.  Junmyeon tried.  He really did.  But he couldn't help but compare himself to a wriggling worm.

Who are you kidding? The worm can dance better than you.
 

Sana stopped the music after several poor attempts on Junmyeon's part. "Ok.  You can all go take a 15-minute break now."


The boys scattered around the room.  Some grabbing water bottles and snacks from their bags, while others were just too exhausted to get up off the floor.  Junmyeon was the latter.  It was safe to say that he was not a dancer.  Yixing walked over to where Junmyeon was sitting and trying to catch his breath.  He offered him one of the water bottles he had just fished from his bag, and Junmyeon accepted it gratefully.

"You're doing really well, Jun." Yixing complimented the poor dancer.

"Ha.  Not as well as you, Yixing." Junmyeon playfully punched Yixing's shoulder.

"Oh, I'm not that good."

"Yixing you're radiant!"

Yixing's face turned bright red. "You think so, Jun?"

"You're dancing could cure depression."

The blonde boy smiled broadly.  The two continued to converse for the rest of their break.  Any thoughts of anxiety, fear, embarrassment, and medications had long left Junmyeon's mind.  Yixing himself was nothing but happiness and joy.  And he left a major impact on Junmyeon.  

Sana called for the end of the break and asked the boys to get into their positions for 'History'.  This time Junmyeon put up no fight.  He knew that as long as Yixing was beside him, everything would be fine.


A/N Hello everybody!!! Ummm...well here is the anticipated dance practice.  Junmyeon is such a silly billy, dancing like a worm.  But of course, Yixing would pick up the choreo fast and be amazing because he's Zhang freaking Yixing.  Also an introduction to two new characters, Sana (yes Sana from Twice lol) and Taemin! Speaking of Taemin, it took me so long to pick a picture of him.  I swear it took me twenty minutes to decide because he's my SHINee bias and he looks amazing in every picture.  Also, did anyone catch the small SHINee song reference I included? I thought I was being clever for once hahahha.  Anyways, I'll see you next update.  Don't forget to comment and subscribe!