Chapter 3

Universes Unknown

Yixing had no problem sitting on the bed and watching Junmyeon get ready.  They had both decided to go out together since neither knew what lie beyond that door.  The problem was that Yixing was staring.  The boy just couldn't stop himself from admiring Junmyeon's well-built body.  Junmyeon was proud of his body, but it was still scary to show it off to others.  Especially Yixing.  

After catching Yixing's eyes for the billionth time and causing both men to blush profusely, Junmyeon had enough of the shenanigans and grabbed a shirt and threw it on.  He was dressed and finally ready to face his new reality.  So both men walked over towards the door and carefully pushed it open.  What they saw was what one would classify as mass chaos.  Including Baekhyun and Chanyeol, there were at least ten other boys running around in a panic trying to get ready for the day. There was a short one in the kitchen with owl shaped eyes, expertly frying up some eggs and bacon.  He was getting help from a boy with cute chubby cheeks who kept stealing pieces of bacon every time the other looked away.  Baekhyun and another boy with reddish colored hair were fighting over the mirror, while another boy with a cat-like smile watched in amusement.   A tan skinned one was stretching in the living room area, but Junmyeon could tell he was purposely choosing certain stretches that would allow him to look towards owl eyes.  Chanyeol busied himself by pestering a young looking stern-faced one.  And there were two more cuddled up next to each other on the couch.  The blonde on the left looked cold and still half asleep.  The blonde on the right looked at the other with his adoring panda eyes.  
"Are you just gonna stare or are you gonna go get your breakfast? You know Kyungsoo will kill you if you let that food go to waste?" The cat smile one broke Junmyeon from his reverie. "You two look so tired.  Wait! Did you two do you know what last night?!"

"What? No! We only just met yesterday!" Yixing tried to explain.

Cat smile then let out a loud cackle. "Your faces are so red right now."

"H-hey s-stop picking on Yixing, whoever you are." Junmyeon tried to sound confident, but his nerves got the best of him.  This only caused cat smile to laugh louder. 

"You guys are so guilty."

"Uh" was all Junmyeon had time to say before the cat smile man turned to face everyone in the room.  He shouted out "HEY EVERYONE! THE SULAY COUPLE GOT IT ON LAST NIGHT! THEY DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHO I AM!" And the room went dead silent.

Junmyeon and Yixing stood there, still in the doorway, and stared at each other in pure horror.  

"Hey Dino-Chen, go pick on your little baozi over there.  The Sulay couple just has some weird form of amnesia.  They didn't remember me or Chanyeol either." Baekhyun stepped up to the rescue.  The reddish hair one smiling because he finally had the mirror to himself.  Panda eyes promptly looked back at his lover and asked him what amnesia was while the cold one responded in what sounded like Chinese. 

"We don't have amnesia," Yixing mumbled.

"Yeah, sure you don't, little unicorn." Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "So what's his name?" 

The one with cute chubby cheeks froze, bacon still hanging from his mouth, as he realized Baekhyun was pointing at him.  Owl eyes, who had finally noticed what was happening, shooed the little man from the kitchen and banned him from kitchen duty for a week.

"Ummmm....I....I don't know." Yixing responded.

"Uh huh.  And what about you water boy?" Baekhyun looked at Junmyeon.

"I don't know either." Junmyeon's cheeks turned pink as attention was directed to him.

"See? My point exactly.  Amnesia." And he walked back to the mirror he was fighting the red haired one over. 

Just then, owl eyes appeared in front of Junmyeon and Yixing with two plates of eggs and bacon. "Here.  Eat.  Maybe it will help.  I'm Kyungsoo by the way.  I also go by D.O.  You can use whatever name you want.  Man, it's weird introducing myself to you guys again.  But I guess with our schedules, we should expect a little forgetfulness every now and then." He pushed the two into the dining area and forced them to sit at the table.  The others began to lose interest and turned their attention back to what they were doing previously.  Well, all except three. Cat smile and chubby cheeks were now chasing each other around the dorm.  And the tan one strolled into the kitchen, taking a plate for himself and plopped down in the seat next to Kyungsoo. 

"Thank you, Kyungsoo.  But I'm telling the truth when I say we don't have amnesia." Yixing tried again.

The tan one chuckled. "Ok.  Well just in case, I'm Jongin.  The ones making goo-goo eyes at each other on the couch over there are Tao and Kris.  Tao is the one on the right.  The bacon stealer was Minseok and his partner in crime and mischief is Jongdae." He gestured towards the two who were now bent over, clutching their sides after having run so much.  

"Yup.  And I think you know Chanyeol already." Kyungsoo continued and grabbed Jongin's hand, "The blonde next to him, that Chanyeol keeps annoying, that's our maknae, Sehun.  He looks mean, but he's really a sweetheart deep down.  Most of the time.  The only one who can get sweet Sehun all the time is Luhan. Luhan is the red head who should know better than to try and fight Baekhyun for the mirror." 

Junmyeon had just taken his last, and still very apprehensive, bite of his breakfast when there was a knock on the door.  Before anyone could answer, a strict looking man entered the dorm.  His eyes scanned the room before stopping on the remnants of the breakfast the boys had. "Do Kyungsoo!" he shouted and stormed into the kitchen.  Kyungsoo stood up from his seat, looking ready for a fight.  Jongin stood up as well, looking ready to defend Kyungsoo at all costs.

"Do Kyungsoo, what is all this?! Do you not understand the concept of a diet?!" The scary man picked up an apple from the fruit bowl and threw it at Kyungsoo. "The plan strictly says that you are only allowed to eat one fruit for breakfast! You're all pigs! We can't afford to have you guys gain any more weight before your comeback."

Kyungsoo looked like he was bursting at the seams to say something nasty to the man, but he bit back his retort.  Jongin, on the other hand, couldn't contain himself.  No one attacks his Kyungsoo. "Listen now manager-hyung, if I should even call you that, just tell us why you're here and get out."

"Sit down, Jongin, and learn some respect for your elders!" the manager spat back at him.  Hatred seething through every word he spoke. "EXO listen up! There's been a change in your schedules.  Today you're all going to dance and vocal practice together as planned.  But tomorrow you're splitting into EXO-K and EXO-M.  M members, you're going to dance in the morning and vocals in the afternoon.  K members, you're doing the opposite."

Junmyeon didn't really understand a word the man was saying.  But after seeing the way he attacked Kyungsoo and Jongin, he thought it wise to nod and play along.  Yixing catching the drift and doing the same.

"And is there any reason you couldn't just call us to tell us this?" Jongin obviously wasn't willing to back down.

"Oh you disrespectful little brat! I am your manager! I have connections that could have you thrown out of EXO! Is that what you want?"

"Maybe it is." Jongin crossed his arms.  Kyungsoo inhaled sharply beside him.

"I think we both know that isn't true, Jongin.  You wouldn't last one day without your precious little bug eyes."

That seemed to be the last straw for Jongin. He balled his hand into a fist and aimed a punch.  Kyungsoo was fast and stopped Jongin before he could actually hit the man. "Jongin, no.  It's not worth it.  Please." Jongin looked at the hand stopping him and lowered his fist slowly.  The manager then saw this as his opportunity.  He raised his hand and slapped Jongin across the cheek.  Jongin rubbed his reddening cheek in shock.  The other members watching the scene in horror, but none were brave enough to speak up.  

Junmyeon glanced at Yixing beside him.  The boy looked on the verge of tears.  Yixing absentmindedly rubbed his cheek as if he too felt the blow.  Junmyeon's heart pained as he saw just how sad and scared Yixing looked.  Sure he felt bad for Jongin, but Junmyeon couldn't help but think what if that was Yixing.  What would he do if someone hit Yixing? Yixing, who always seemed so pure and joyful.  Junmyeon suddenly grabbed Yixing's hand.  He had felt a powerful urge to reassure Yixing that everything would be ok.  

We need to get out of here.  We need to get back home.

The manager turned his attention back to Kyungsoo. "If I ever find you feeding everyone this garbage again, I will ruin you." And with that the evil man stomped out the front door, slamming it behind him.

Quick as a flash, Kyungsoo had prepared an ice pack and pressed it against Jongin's swelling cheek. "Jongin, why did you do that? That was stupid.  You should have just left him to me!"

"I couldn't let him hurt you, babe.  I just can't bear the thought of you being in pain.  I love you too much, Kyungsoo." Jongin confessed.

"I love you too, Jongin.  Thanks for sticking up for me." Kyungsoo pecked a kiss on Jongin's lips.

"Ew! Get a room!" Minseok shouted from somewhere in the living room.  A look of mock disgust on his face.

"Yeah, no one wants to see that!" Jongdae agreed. "You guys should only want to see me and Minseok kiss."

"NO!" shouted everyone in the room, including Junmyeon.  He didn't really know Minseok and Jongdae, but he did know he didn't want Yixing's innocence tainted by a scene like that.  Minseok and Jongdae only hung their heads for a second before deciding that second was too long and kissed anyway.  Everyone groaned in disgust.  Baekhyun had had enough and even left the room.

It was then that Junmyeon remembered something kind of important.  The very reason the dorm was in chaos earlier. "Ummmm....aren't we supposed to be leaving for a dance practice or something?"

A sudden realization hit everyone else all at once.  The boys all gathered their belongings and rushed out the door.  They were already in the car when Yixing decided to attempt a conversation with the boy next to him.  Junmyeon was sitting a row ahead of Yixing, next to the red haired Luhan.  They both could hear everything Yixing was saying to the blonde boy, though.

"Hello!" Junmyeon had his back to Yixing, but just by that simple hello, he could tell Yixing's dimples were on full display. "You're Luhan, right? Or are you Seokmin? No, wait I said that wrong.  It's Minseok, right? What's EXO? What's the difference between EXO-K and EXO-M? How do I know which one I'm in? Are we famous? Are we in a band? What do you do in the band? Where are we going exactly?"

The blonde rolled his eyes and didn't answer.

Luhan turned around to put Yixing out of his misery.  Or maybe it was to put the other boy out of his misery.  Junmyeon guessed it was the latter, judging by the affection in Luhan's voice when he spoke next.

"I'm Luhan.  This is Sehun.  He's my boyfriend.  And he doesn't really speak unless he wants to."

"Oh, well then hi, Luhan! I'm Yixing! Can you answer my questions then?" 

Luhan giggled. "Sure thing, Yixing.  Ummm....well it is Minseok and not Seokmin.  EXO is the name of our band.  K and M are our sub-units.  You're in M with me, Jongdae, Minseok, Kris, and Tao.  That means we get to perform our songs in Mandarin! Ummm...yeah I guess you can say we're pretty famous.  I'm a vocalist mainly, but I'm a really good dancer too.  Sehunnie is an amazing dancer and rapper." Sehun blushed at the use of his nickname.  So he truly wasn't as cold as he looked. "And we're on our way to our dance studio at SM Entertainment."

This last sentence caused Junmyeon to whip his head around. "S.....SM En-entertainment?" 

"Yup.  Why? Something wrong with that, Junmyeon?"

"N-n-no!" 

Only the fact that SM Entertainment reminds me very much of my job at SM Incorporated.





A/N  It seems we've finally got a glimpse at the other boys and their romantic partners (or partners in crime hahahaha).  Poor Jongin for getting hit, and poor Kyungsoo for getting verbally attacked.  But I made up for it with a little more fluff lol.  Well, I'll see you next chapter.  Don't be afraid to comment and subscribe please :D