Chapter 17

Universes Unknown

It smelled like burning ash.  That was Yixing's first thought when he openedarrow-10x10.png his eyes and sat up to find that he was somehow in another universe.  The room around him was dark.  It was old and decrepit.  Bits of the ceiling and wall were missing.  But strangely enough, it looked like the room he was just in with Jongin and Junmyeon.  

After a quick scanarrow-10x10.png of the room, Yixing had noticed Jongin lying unconscious on the floor a few feet away.  Yixing reached into his pocket and pulled out an ancient gold pocket watch.  He pressed the little button and the lid popped open.  But something was off about his pocket watch.  The handsarrow-10x10.png weren't moving.  Someone had messed with his pocket watch and Yixing being himself had forgotten to check it in the morning.

Placing the watch back in his pocket, Yixing walked over to Jongin and bent low over the boy.  He wasn't sure if he could trust Jongin at the moment.  There were two explanations as to why Jongin would be here with him right now.  One, Jongin was untrustworthy.  Maybe he had a universe jumping pocket watch too.  Or two, Jongin was innocent.  Maybe he was caught at the wrong place at the wrong time.  But why would he travel to this universe with Yixing?

Yixing needed answers before he could rouse the boy.  So searched Jongin's pockets.  All he came up with was a cell phone, a wallet with $2.00 in it, and a few candy wrappers.  On the outside, Jongin was as innocent as can be.  Deciding it was time to wake him, Yixing shook Jongin's shoulder.

"Jongin, wake up.  Come on.  We have to get out of this room."

The boy began to stir.  He opened his eyes and sat up slowly.  One hand was placed on the back of his head while the other steadied himself.

"Ow...my head." He groaned. "Ughh....where are we?"

Yixing looked Jongin right in the eye, still feeling unsure of whether or not he could trust the boy. "Why don't you tell me?"

A disoriented Jongin gazed around the room. "Umm...the same room we were in.  But it's much older.  How long was I out?"

Once again Yixing reached into his pocket and pulled out the pocket watch and opened it. "Jongin, can you tell me what this is?"

"A pocket watch?"

"Why aren't the hands moving?" Yixing's gaze never leaving the boy.

"I don't know.  Maybe it needs a new battery.  What does this have to do with anything?"

Yixing sighed and stood up.  He wasn't completely sold on Jongin's innocence yet, but at least he could trust him for now. "Sorry, Jongin.  I just needed to knowarrow-10x10.png if I could trust you.  This watch is very important to me.  This is the device that allows me to travel amongst universes, but it seems like someone has tampered with it.  I had to make surearrow-10x10.png it wasn't you."

Jongin nodded, standing up as well and brushing the dirt off his clothes. "And how do Iarrow-10x10.png know I can trust you? And how come I came here with you? You're the one with the universe jumping thing."

"You have no way of knowing.  I am innocent, but my word means nothing without proof.  You should trust me, though.  Right now I am your only way back to your universe.  And I think you only were pulled along because your hand was on my shoulder when the jump happened."  

"Right.  Well, what are you waiting for? Do whatever you do to that thing and let's go home." 

"I can't.  The hands aren't moving." 

"So?"

"Which means it's broken.  It's not gonna work." Yixing said as if it was extremely obvious.

"So we're stuck here?"

"Not necessarily.  There is someone I can call.  But we have to hurry.  I think Junmyeon is in danger." 

Yixing pulled out his cell phone.  Jongin's may not have any signal, but Yixing's was special.  All agents of SM Agency carried a special phone that allowed them to make emergency phone calls within any universe.  He dialed the number that had been drilled into him during his training period and listened to the rings.

"Agent Zhang! Why did you jump universes?" Asked the man on the linearrow-10x10.png. "Your tracking signal on your watch is going wild! What's going on?"

"Boss, we need your help," Yixing said. "It's urgent.  I think Junmyeon is in serious dangerous.  I think they found him.  But he's all alone.  Somehow Jongin and I ended up in an another universe.  My pocket watch is broken.  We're trapped here."

"I'm on my way." 

The phone line went dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junmyeon managed to find a dark crevice in the maze setarrow-10x10.png and hid in it.  He could hear Kris' footsteps pacing up and down the rows.

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" Kris' voice echoed around the walls. "I know you're still here, Junmyeon.  I know you're hiding.  Don't be a coward and show yourself."

Kris rounded a corner and stopped to look around in the exact aisle Junmyeon was hiding in.  Junmyeon quietly scooted farther back into his hiding spot.  His heart was beating so loudly, Junmyeon was afraid it would give him away.

"Where are you hiding, my little friend?" Silence followed Kris' question. "Fine.  Don't show yourself.  Maybe I can coax you out.  Let's talk about Luhan.  He was your friend, right? Did you know it was him who sent those photos to your manager? He works for me.  Or at least he did.  How unfortunate that I'll have to kill him now."

Junmyeon's eyes followedarrow-10x10.png Kris' path up and down the aisle.  He didn't dare to speak.

Kris laughed. "No? How about Yixing then? What if I tell you he's next? I couldn't possibly let him live when he already knows too much."

"Leave him alone!" The words uncontrollably burst from Junmyeon's mouth.

Kris sneered and turned towards Junmyeon's hiding spot. "Gotcha."

CRACK!!

"Junmyeon?!" Yixing's voice echoed in the room.

Junmyeon's eyes widened when he saw Kris moving stealthily towards Yixing. "Yixing watch out behind you! It's Kris!"

Yixing spun around and managed to dodge a punch from Kris.  He used his leg to knock Kris off his feet, the tall boy falling onto his backside.  Yixing used his bodyweight to hold the boy down, but Kris wasn't about to give up that quickly.  He s an arm around Yixing and used his leg to kick off the floor and flip Yixing onto his back.  

Kris used one hand to pin Yixing's arms high above his head.  His body held down Yixing's legs so he couldn't kick.  Meanwhile, the other hand found it's way to Yixing's neck although he did not apply pressure yet.  Yixing knew he needed time, so he started talking.

"Why are you doing this, Kris?"

"I'm sure you already know the answer to that, Agent Zhang.  You've known for awhile, haven't you? So why haven't you stopped me?"

Confusion flashed across Yixing's face. "H-how do you....who are you?"

"Funny." Kris stared down into Yixing's eyes. "Funny how a simple name change and some hair dye can make a person almost unrecognizable.  When I first got here, I thought you would know me instantly.  We used to be really close friends at the agency."

Yixing stared back into Kris' eyes.  Now that he looked, really looked, there was indeed a faint sign of recognition. "Tell me who you are."

Kris applied slight pressure to Yixing's throat, causing Yixing's air supply to be cut off. "Does the name Wu Yifan ring a bell?"

Before Yixing knew what happened, Kris had been thrown from his body.  The boy sat up fast, gasping for air.  His eyes landed on a furious Junmyeon who had Kris pinned against a wall.

Yixing stood up and cautiously walked towards Junmyeon. "Jun, I'll take it from here.  Thank you."

Junmyeon turned his eyes onto Yixing.  Instead of the loving gaze he usually got from Junmyeon, he was met with the same furious stare he had been giving Kris. "You can have him when I get some answers."

"Junmyeon..."

"Answers."

Yixing let out a breath. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything.  I want the truth.  Why does he want me dead? Who is Yifan?" Junmyeon paused. "And why did you hire a hit man to kill me, Yixing?"

Yixing held Junmyeon's gaze for a moment more before he responded. "Alright, I will tell you everything I know."



A/N.....Heyyyyyyyy!!! Another action packed chapter.  First we get to see what happened to Xing and Jongin.  "Boss" is back again.  Any ideas about who he/she is? I'll give you a hint.  This is a person we have already met within the story.  The identity will be revealed within the next couple chapters.  So keep your guesses coming.  Moving on.  How about the fight between Kris and Yixing? And how Junmyeon attacked Kris when he started to choke Xing.  But then we end with a VERY mad and demanding Junnie.  Answers are coming soon.  Next chapter we will finally know the whole truth about what happened between Kris, Yixing, and Junmyeon and why he wants them dead so badly.  Also once again sorry for any typos.  I do have my computer back, but I need to take it back.  It's still having some issues.  Comments and subs are much appreciated.  Love y'all <33333