Chapter 20

Universes Unknown

Junmyeon stood there frozen, staring into Kris' cold eyes.  He still had the tall boy pinned up against the wall.  Yixing still stood beside him, speaking rapid words that just flew right over Junmyeon's head.  Junmyeon was lost.  Lost in a world of memories that came flooding back to him.  How could he have forgotten? Krystal.  She was his best friend since childhood and he forgot her.  His best friend was dead and it his fault because he was too blind to see how Kris was suffering.  

Water began to well up in Junmyeon's eyes and his body began to tremble.  Kris saw this and grinned evilly.  He took this as his opportunity. "You remember now don't you, Junmyeon? You remember now that she is dead."

Junmyeon let out a choke.

"No! Don't listen to him, Jun.  It's not your fault.  It's his!" Yixing pleaded. "He can't deal with his own guilt.  He's using us as an outlet to place blame on."

"She was your best friend." Kris reminded him, cruelly. "You watched her die and you did nothing about it."

CRACK!

Everything happened so fast.  Junmyeon fell to his knees, the guilt overwhelming him.  Kris made a mad dash for the exit but was unsuccessful as Yixing and another man that Junmyeon couldn't see the face of, had run off after him.  Kris was putting up a good fight as the two attacked him from both sides.  The three had moved so far away that they were now hidden somewhere within the maze.  

Two more people had also appeared with this man and they were now leaning over Junmyeon.  The initial shock of regaining his memories was beginning to fade and he could just make out the two faces above him. "Grandfather? Jongin?"

The elder man gently patted his grandson's shoulder. "It's alright now, Junmyeonie."

"Hyung, come on we have to get out of here." Jongin made to hoist Junmyeon to his feet.

A sudden scream echoed through the narrows walls of the maze and sent chills down Junmyeon's spine.  He pulled himself from Jongin's grasp and took off to find Yixing.  He didn't care if Jongin and his grandfather called for him to stop.  He didn't care if Jongin was chasing after him.  Someone was hurt and Junmyeon feared that it was Yixing.

Junmyeon found the three in the center of the maze.  Kris was engaged in a fist fight with Yixing.  It was Luhan who had laid unconscious on the ground.  

Fear and rage flooded Junmyeon's veins when he witnessed Kris attacking Yixing, and he made to attack the culprit.  It was obvious that Junmyeon's skills were rusty.  He hadn't used combat in years and Jongin was an unfortunate victim of that.  Jongin arrived at the scuffle right as Junmyeon failed to dodge a kick.  Junmyeon's body was forced backward into Jongin, who had lost his balance and fell backward into the wall.  The boy's head hit the maze and he fell to the floor, spots of blood dripped onto the concrete.  

Two of his friends were now down and this only fueled Junmyeon's memory more.  Those years of physical combat training were now finding themselves back at home in Junmyeon's memory as he dodged and hit as necessary.  He and Yixing worked well as a team.  They knew each other well enough to be able to communicate without having to use words.  The two shared a quick glance and both knew just what to do next.  Junmyeon made a grab to pin Kris' hands behind his back while Yixing knocked Kris' feet from under him.  The tall man found himself face first on the floor with both Yixing and Junmyeon on top of him.  He kicked and screamed with all his might, but no amount of force could stop the strength that powered Junmyeon and Yixing at that moment.

"We need to find a way to bind him," Yixing said through gritted teeth.

Junmyeon looked around and spotted something useful to the right of his partner.  A set builder had left behind a piece of rope. "Xing! On your right! A rope!"

Yixing peered over his shoulder and saw what Junmyeon spoke of.  There was only one problem, it was too far out of his reach.  Kris was too strong for Junmyeon to hold down all alone when he was this riled up.  The two of them together were struggling enough.  Yixing looked back at Junmyeon, prepared to say no.  But the boy stopped.  His eyes spoke all he needed to know.  Junmyeon was using his eyes to say that he had this.  That he would be alright and that it's their only chance.

Yixing nodded.

Junmyeon began to countdown. "Three." 

Yixing fixed his gaze on the rope.

"Two."

Yixing positioned himself to get a better aim.

"One."

Junmyeon braced himself.

"NOW!"

Like a bolt, Yixing took off across the room.  Junmyeon was struggling to hold Kris down.  One of Kris' hands got loose and he reached up to rake his nails across Junmyeon's face.  Before Junmyeon could even feel the sting, Yixing was back with the rope and diligently wrapping it around Kris' wrists.  Kris slumped in exhaustion.  He had been putting up a fight for so long and he knew it was all over now.  But that didn't stop him from throwing out curse word after curse word.  

Voices began to flood the room once more as Junmyeon's grandfather arrived at the scene with the other EXO members.

Sehun instantly took notice to Luhan lying knocked out on the floor.  He flew towards his boyfriend and cradled his head in his arms, pressing a gentle kiss on his cheek. 

"What's going on?" Kyungsoo pushed his way to the front. "JONGIN!" He screamed when he noticed the bleeding boy on the ground.  Kyungsoo shoved Baekhyun out of his way and knelt down beside Jongin.  He quickly pulled off his white sweatshirt and made a makeshift bandage, wrapping it securely around Jongin's head.  Over and over, Kyungsoo kept muttering "I'm sorry.  I love you.  Please be ok.  Please wake up."

Everyone was so worried about Jongin and Luhan that they did not notice how quiet Kris had gotten as he stared directly at Tao.  But Tao refused to look at him.  

"Look at me, Tao!" Kris outburst.

"We should call an ambulance." Tao ignored Kris, whipping out his phone.

"Don't ignore me!" Kris called out again.

"Hello? We need an ambulance!" Tao spoke to the emergency line operator and gave them all the information before hanging up. "The paramedics will be here in fifteen minutes."

"Tao?" Minseok tried.

"I'm fine.  Let's just worry about Luhan and Jongin right now." Tao made eye contact with Kris. "And what we're gonna do with this one."

Kris laughed menacingly. "Are you angry, Panda?"

"Don't you dare call me that ever again!" Tao began to charge but he was stopped by the old man who held his shoulder.

"It's ok, son." The elder replied. "He'll face justice once he's back where he came from.  For now, we have to secure him and make sure these two get medical attention."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged glances.

"Ummm...sir?" Baekhyun spoke up.

"Yes?"

"I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we want to know what happened." Six other heads nodded in agreement. 

"You will know in due time, dear Baekhyun." The elder smiled kindly. "Agent Zhang.  Agent Kim.  Please prepare Mr. Wu for the jump.  He's gonna be in our custody for a very long time."

"Yes, Boss." 

"Grandfather? Are we coming with you?" Junmyeon asked.

"I think it's best that you two stay here for now.  These boys will need your help to clean things up here."

Junmyeon nodded.  The two boys hoisted the criminal to his feet and moved him towards the elder.  

"I better get out of here before the paramedics see us.  Take care of yourselves, boys.  We'll be in touch." The grandfather gripped onto Kris as he pulled out his pocket watch and turned the little knob.  With another loud crack and a flash of light, the two had disappeared.

A whimper of a voice sounded from one of the unconscious boys.

"Luhan?" Sehun whispered hopefully.

"Hi, Sehunnie." Luhan's eyes fluttered opened.

"LUHAN!" Sehun cried out.  He pulled Luhan into a big hug and placed kisses all over his face.

"Aish, Sehun.  I'm alright!" Luhan weakly laughed.

Relieved that Luhan had woken up, the EXO members turned their attention towards Jongin and Kyungsoo.  Kyungsoo still knelt beside the boy.  He held his hand and cried and prayed.  Hoping that Jongin would soon wake up.  

The paramedics arrived soon after.  It took some effort from the medics and members to pry Kyungsoo off of Jongin, but they eventually succeeded and Jongin was leaving on a stretcher with Kyungsoo in tow.  Luhan reluctantly left with Sehun to go get checked out too.  He kept saying he was fine, but Sehun he insisted he get looked at by a doctor.  

The rest of the members began to disperse.  They followed the others who were on their way to the hospital.  Only Junmyeon and Yixing stayed behind.  Once the members had completely left, Junmyeon turned his attention to Yixing.  His Yixing.  Despite everything, all the lies he had been fed, Junmyeon still loved Yixing.  He wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and hugged him as if he hadn't seen him in years.

"Junnie?" Yixing whispered into his ear. "Are you alright?"

Junmyeon could feel the tears fall down his cheeks. "I'm sorry, Yixing."

"You're sorry? If there's anyone who should be sorry, it's me.  It's my fault that you had to go through this.  I'm so sorry, Jun."

"No.  Don't apologize." Junmyeon pulled away just enough to look Yixing in the eyes. "Krystal wouldn't want you to blame yourself and nor do I."

"You should listen to your own words too then.  Don't blame yourself, Junnie." Yixing leaned in to press his lips on Junmyeon's. "I love you."

"I love you too, Xing." Junmyeon kissed Yixing again.

After another minute, the two pulled apart.  

"We should go," Yixing stated. "We need to go see how Jongin is."

Yixing extended his hand and Junmyeon took.  The pair headed off to the hospital.



A/N......I'm sorry I took so long to update!! The writer's block is real and I didn't want to update with a crap chapter.  Sadly this story is coming to a close.  If I had to guess, there's probably like 2 chapters left.  I'm really sorry to all the Taoris shippers out there.  I don't like breaking up Taoris, but it was kinda necessary for the plot :( Also poor poor Jongin.  I hope he's alright.  Again I apologize for any typos.  I can't wait until I get my computer fixed so that I can go back and fix all these typos.  Believe me when I say it's really annoying me.  Please comment and subscribe! See you in the next update :)