Chapter 9

Universes Unknown

It was 3 in the morning when an incredibly exhausted Junmyeon parked the car outside of EXO's dorm.  He unbuckled his seatbelt and looked at the sleeping boy next to him.  Junmyeon regretted having to wake Yixing up for the hike back to the car, but he didn't have much choice since he didn't want either of them to get sick outside in the cold.  With that being said, Junmyeon decided he did not want to wake him again.  So he walked around to Yixing's side of the car and lifted the surprisingly light boy, carrying him all the way up to the front door.  Somehow he managed to turn the knob and kick the door open without waking the sleeping beauty.  Junmyeon carried Yixing to their bedroom and set him down on his lower bunk, tucking the boy in, and kissing him goodnight on the forehead.  

It was then that he realized just how parched he was after all the walking he had done that day.  Junmyeon stepped out of the room and walked towards the kitchen and guzzled a glass of water.  It was on his way back to his room when he overheard a quieted argument coming from the other bedroom next to his.   

"How could you?" one voice sobbed.

"I told you, it wasn't my fault.  He came at me!" the other voice exclaimed. 

"Yeah, sure.  How long?"

"How long?"

"How long have you been seeing Taemin behind my back, Jongin?"

"Never! Kyungsoo, I would never do that to you! I love you!"

"Well, you have one hell of a way of showing it!" Kyungsoo scoffed. 

"I can't believe you would even think I could do that to you," Jongin replied, sounding hurt by the other's words. "Do you understand how much that hurts me?"

"And do you understand how much it hurt me to find my boyfriend kissing someone else? And in a public bathroom too.  Classy, Jongin.  Real classy."

"I told you, he came at me."

"Whatever.  I'm tired.  Just turn off the lights a leave me alone." Junmyeon could hear the bed crackle as if someone rolled over.

"No, Kyungsoo.  Please.  We're not done here.  Please just listen to me.  I'm telling the truth." Jongin sounded on the verge of tears. "Will you at least look at me?"

"I'm tired, Jongin." was all Kyungsoo said.

Junmyeon heard Jongin's defeated footsteps walk across the room, and the light that previously flooded through the cracks of the door had disappeared.  Junmyeon felt sick.  He had just overheard two of his good friends arguing.  They both sounded so sad and hurt.  Especially Kyungsoo, who had apparently walked in on his boyfriend kissing another man.  

Junmyeon finally made it back to his and Yixing's bedroom.  His mind was lost in thought about what he had just heard, so he did not expect to open the door to find Yixing sitting up in his bed with tears streaming down his face.  

"Xing what's wrong?" Junmyeon asked after he closed the door and sat down on the bed beside Yixing.

Yixing instantly wrapped his arms around Junmyeon and buried his face in Junmyeon's shirt. "It's just really sad."

"What are you sad about, Xing?"

"Kyungsoo and Jongin."

"You heard it too?"

 Yixing nodded and buried his face even deeper in Junmyeon's shirt. "Do you really think he cheated on Kyungsoo with Taemin?" he asked, his voice muffled.

"I don't know.  I really hope not." Junmyeon gently encased Yixing in his arms and pulled the boy down so that both were now laying together on the bed. "Come on, Xing.  Let's not worry about Kyungsoo and Jongin right now.  It's late and we have schedules in the morning."

"Ok, Jun." The blonde boy unwillingly agreed, cuddling up against Junmyeon's body and closing his eyes.  

Yixing was obviously still shaken over what he had just heard through the walls, so Junmyeon rubbed comforting circles over his back until he succumbed to slumber.  Junmyeon thought about everything that had happened that night.  Both the good and the bad.  Everything from kissing Yixing under the stars to the recent fight between his two friends.  Eventually, he too dozed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning came way too soon.  It was Tao who had the job of waking up the EXO leader and the little blonde dancer.  The two looked so peaceful whilst entangled in each other's arms.  He felt so bad having to wake them and force them to feel the tension that was so obvious between Jongin and Kyungsoo.  The two weren't speaking to one another.  They weren't even looking at each other.  Nobody knew what was going on between them, but whatever it was, it was serious.

Tao gently nudged Junmyeon's shoulder. "Hyung, it's time to wake up."

"Mmmm? Tao?" Junmyeon mumbled as he awakened, careful not to disturb Yixing as he disentangled himself from the boy.

"Good morning, hyung." 

"Good morning, Tao.  How are you?"

The Chinese man looked quite sad as he answered. "I'm fine.  But I don't think Kyungsoo and Jongin are.  They are being distant with each other and they won't tell anyone why.  I'm worried, hyung."

Junmyeon was suddenly reminded of the fight he heard last night. "That doesn't sound good.  But I'm sure everything will turn out fine.  I wouldn't worry too much, Tao." he tried to reassure the boy.

"Thanks, Junmyeon-hyung." Tao smiled a small bit and then left the room.

After waking up Yixing and getting ready, the two stepped out into the main living area.  Junmyeon was secretly hoping that what Tao had just told him wasn't true, but unfortunately, it was.  Kyungsoo was blatantly ignoring every advance Jongin made towards him as he followed him around the kitchen.

"Kyung, will please just look at me?" Jongin begged the boy, but Kyungsoo just kept on washing the dishes in the sink.  

The tan skinned boy attempted to reach out for Kyungsoo's arm, but the older flinched away from the touch.  This caused him to drop the plate he was holding and it shattered on the floor.  Kyungsoo bent down and began to pick up the broken pieces.  

Jongin bent over too. "Oh, I'm sorry! Let me help."

At this, Kyungsoo finally looked up at Jongin. "You've done enough.  Just please leave me alone."

"Kyungsoo...."

"Leave me alone, Jongin."

Jongin's lower lip quivered as he stood back up and walked out of the kitchen, closing the door to his bedroom.

The tension in the dorm was so thick you could slice it with a knife.  The only one who didn't appear to be bothered by it was Kyungsoo.  The boy smiled as he finished cleaning up the kitchen.  He made friendly banter with the other members.  He reassured them that nothing was going on between him and Jongin and that they had nothing to worry about.  Kyungsoo seemed to be acting like everything was just fine, but Junmyeon knew that was just a front to hide the emotional turmoil he felt inside.

When it came time to leave for their schedules, the members had to go and coax the saddened Jongin out of his room.  Nothing they did seemed to be working, though, so eventually the manager was called.  After a short while, a red-nosed, puffy eyed Jongin emerged from his room.  He handed Chanyeol's cell phone back to him and agreed to go to practice.

The somber mood continued all throughout their entire day and it affected every single one of the EXO members.  Jongin moped around everywhere he went.  He couldn't even focus long enough to get through a dance routine.  Jongdae and Minseok hadn't made a single joke all day.  Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who normally don't stop talking, had barely spoken two words.  Tao kept bursting into tears at random things that reminded him of Kyungsoo and Jongin.  This, of course, made Kris extra cranky and on edge.  Luhan walked around like he was in a daze as if he couldn't believe this was happening to the legendary Kaisoo couple.  Even stone-cold Sehun looked extremely distressed over the situation.   

All of this sadness was driving Junmyeon's anxiety insane.  The tightness in chest never once loosening.  Nothing helped ease the pain.  Not even Yixing's many attempts to help him feel better.    

Worst of all was Kyungsoo who kept up the act that everything was ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After all their schedules were finished, the members were stepping outside of the SM Entertainment building when Kyungsoo spotted a familiar blonde head of hair out in the parking lot.  In an instant, his act disappeared and he stormed off towards the cause of his crumbling relationship.

Jongin, realizing what was about to happen, took off after Kyungsoo.  The rest of the EXO members sped up to catch up to Kyungsoo and Jongin, who were fast approaching the SHINee members.

"Taemin!" Kyungsoo called out.  

The mentioned blonde member of SHINee turned to see who called him and quickly spotted Kyungsoo walking towards him.

"Taemin!" Kyungsoo called out again, this time with a bit more wrath. "How dare you.  How dare you!"

"Hey, Kyungsoo," Taemin smirked. "How are things?" he asked innocently.

"Don't act innocent, Taemin.  You know how things are."

Taemin pulled a mock look of confusion. "I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about, Kyungsoo."

Rage flared up in Kyungsoo like a bomb going off.  With tears falling from his eyes, he lunged himself at Taemin.  Grabbing fistfuls of hair, Kyungsoo managed to land a knee jab right on Taemin's stomach.  The boy crippled over in pain.    

Jongin managed to pull his distraught boyfriend off of Taemin.  The four other SHINee members rushing to aid their maknae.

"LET GO OF ME!" Kyungsoo shrieked.

"No, Kyung.  Please just calm down.  I can't let you do this." Jongin tightened his grip on the boy who was struggling against him.

"I SAID LET GO OF ME, JONGIN!"

"No, Kyungsoo.  Guys, get Taemin out of here quick.  I don't think I can hold him much longer."

Needing no further convincing, the SHINee members lifted Taemin to his feet and hurried off towards the SM building.  When they were finally back inside, Jongin deemed it safe to release Kyungsoo.

The owl-eyed boy turned a piercing gaze at Jongin. "Why did you defend him?"

"You left me no choice, Kyungsoo."

"I hate you, Kim Jongin." And without another word, Kyungsoo took off down the street and disappeared around a corner.  

Jongin's heart shattered even more at the heart-wrenching words.  He tried to follow after Kyungsoo but both Junmyeon and Yixing stopped.

"He'll come back.  He just needs time." Yixing gave assurance to Jongin as he guided him back towards the SM building.  Yixing looked up at the other members who were trailing behind, unsure of what to do next. "Can you guys go get one of our managers? Junmyeon and I will wait here with Jongin."

The other boys all agreed and headed into the building.

Once all the members were gone, Yixing looked back at Jongin. "I'm sorry, Jongin.  I'll be honest and admit that both Junmyeon and I did hear a little bit of your argument last night."

"You did?"

"Yeah, we did." said Junmyeon.

Not long after, the eight boys returned with a balding middle-aged man.

"What's going on?" asked the manager. "The boys tell me there was a fight."

"Kyungsoo attacked Taemin." Jongin's voice sounded forlorn.

"Kyungsoo? Why would he do that?" The manager peered around to make sure no one was listening in on their conversation.

"It's all my fault." Jongin sobbed.

Yixing hugged the dancer. "Jongin, it's ok if you don't want to, but I think you should explain what really did happen when you guys were at the movies yesterday."

Jongin nodded and let out a long sigh before he started recounting what happened. "Well as you know, Kyung and I went to the movies with Taemin and Jonghyun.  Everything was going great.  Then midway through the film, Taemin asked me to go to the concession stand with him.  I didn't think much of it, so I agreed and told Kyungsoo where I was going.  But before we even got to the stand, Taemin dragged me into the men's room and started confessing his feelings for me.  I really had no idea he felt that way about me.  I still only saw him as my friend.  And I told him that, but he wouldn't take no for an answer.  Next thing I knew, Taemin pushed me up against the wall and started kissing me.  It was like shock made my brain quit working, so I just froze.  I guess Kyungsoo got worried or suspicious when we were taking too long.  And he happened to walk into the men's room right as Taemin kissed me."  

"And where is Kyungsoo now?" The manager looked around once more, this time hoping to spot the missing boy.

"We don't know, manager-hyung," Chanyeol responded when Jongin didn't answer. "He took off down the street."

The manager's eyes widened for a moment. "I'll send security employees to go looking for him.  In the meantime, let's get you boys back home."

"But I want to go look for him too." Jongin piped up.

"Jongin, I know you love him.  But given the circumstances, I don't think that's the best idea."

Seeing no point in arguing with his manager, Jongin quickly gave in and agreed to head home with his hyungs.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now past midnight and there was still no sign of Kyungsoo.  Yixing and Junmyeon were once again curled up together on the lower bunk of their bed.  Neither could sleep due to Jongin's loud cries coming from the room next door.  A silent tear began to make its way down Yixing's cheek, Junmyeon kissing it away.  Junmyeon felt horrible for his friends.  He really did.  But if there was one thing that he hated more than this mess, it was seeing how much it hurt Yixing.  The boy had been crying almost as much as Jongin.  It was breaking Junmyeon's heart and he didn't know what to do about it.

"I hope Kyungsoo is alright." whispered Yixing.

"I'm sure he's ok, Xing."

"Hey, Jun? You know how you kissed me last night when I was sad and it made me feel much better?"

"Yeah.  Why?"

"I'm feeling really sad right now." 

Taking the hint, Junmyeon leaned in and kissed Yixing on the lips.  Slow and sweet.  Hoping he can make things right in the world for his little unicorn.


A/N ... I warned you guys there would be drama in this chapter.  I feel like this chapter was literally nothing but drama.  I feel so bad for both Kyungsoo and Jongin.  It must be horrible to see someone you love kiss someone else.  I'm sorry if any of you had to experience something like that.  Kyungsoo didn't deserve that.  And poor Jongin who is actually innocent.  He didn't deserve that either :(  Anyway, please feel free to comment, subscribe, and/or upvote.  Also not quite sure when the next chapter will be up since my birthday is on the 27th.  Speaking of birthdays, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUHO!!!!!!! Sorry I had to post such a sad chapter on your birthday!!