Chapter 22

Universes Unknown

Two Weeks Later 

The waiting room was filled with nervous energy.  EXO was about to hold their first press conference after their comeback a few days ago.  SM Entertainment had enough footage to edit Tao, Kris, and Luhan into the music video.  It wasn't until the comeback stages that fans started to speculate over the missing three members.  It was time they addressed the situation.

Junmyeon anxiously paced the room.  This was more scary than going up on stage for their comeback.  Being that he was the leader, and the only one left, most of the attention would be placed on him.  The other members would have their chance to speak as well, but he knew it was his job to answer the most questions.  

Maybe this won't be too bad? He was told exactly what to say.  The company knew the truth, but they would be ruined if fans found out why the members were actually missing.  Junmyeon remembered the day they learned what happened.  He had been called up to his manager's office.


FLASHBACK   

The manager, Mr. Lee, angrily slammed his fist on the desk causing Junmyeon to jump. "What do you mean you don't know where they are?!"

Junmyeon stood on the other side of the desk.  He bowed his head apologetically and kept his eyes trained on the evil man's fist. "I'm sorry sir.  I don't know where they are.  It's like I'm trying to explain to you.  A Kris from another universe attacked us.  He kidnapped the real Kris.  And Tao and Luhan went to go find the Kris that belongs here."

"Junmyeon, enough with the lies! I am going to give you one more chance to tell me the truth.  Where are they?!" The manager said through clenched teeth.

Junmyeon was trembling but he still stood his ground. "I am not lying to you, sir."

"That's it!" Mr. Lee pounced from his seat.  He grabbed a fistful of Junmyeon's t-shirt and was about to land a punch on his face when the door to the office had opened.  In walked a man Junmyeon didn't recognize, Hyun Ki, as well as a very battered looking Luhan.  

"Get your hands off my grandson!" Hyun Ki commanded.  

Mr. Lee apologized and instantly unhanded Junmyeon.  

"Luhan, what happened to you?" Junmyeon asked with concern.

"It's a story for another time." Luhan responded. "Right now we are here on other business."

"Mr. Lee are you aware that three members of EXO went missing while under your care?" The strange man said sternly. "And for me to come into this office and see you being overly aggressive to another idol.  It seems we have made a mistake in hiring you.  Luhan told me all about you and your abusive nature.  I didn't want to believe it, but now I've seen it!"

"Mr. Liu, please don't fire me!" Mr. Lee got down on his knees and begged. "Please! I have a wife to support!"

"Have some pride!" Mr. Liu exclaimed. "You are not being fired.  Although you should be after everything that has happened."

"Oh thank you, sir! Thank you." Lee grovelled pathetically.

"Get off!" Mr. Liu kicked Mr. Lee off. "And don't thank me just yet.  You're being demoted.  You start in the mail room immediately.  Now get out of my sight.  And no complaining or else I will fire you."

"Thank you, sir." Mr. Lee bowed and hurried out of the room.

"But Mr. Liu?" Junmyeon spoke. "We don't have a manager anymore now.  Our other manager resigned a couple days ago when we told him about Tao, Kris, and Luhan."

Mr. Liu smiled kindly at Junmyeon. "Don't worry, Junmyeon.  We've already got someone to take their place.  A personal friend of mine.  His name is Mr. Lee Hongki.  He'll take good care of you boys.  But I am very glad to see you here, Junmyeon.  We have important business to talk about."

"We do?" Junmyeon asked.

"Yes.  It's about the press conference that is coming up.  You're EXO's leader and we need you to tell the press what happened."

"You want me to lie to the press, don't you?"

"Precisely."

END FLASHBACK 


It was time.  Their new manager, Hongki, was calling them up onto the stage.  The nine EXO members walked on stage, did their introductions, and took their seats.  Junmyeon sat directly in the center with Yixing on his right and Kyungsoo on his left.  The camera flashes were blinding and disorienting.  The audience threw them many questions.  And Junmyeon answered them as best he could.  The questions started off easy.  Most were just about their comeback.  But then one reporter stood up and asked the question everyone had been anticipating.

"We are all fascinated and in love with your latest comeback.  But I'm sure most of us are here to hear the truth.  We can't help but notice all the absences of Kris, Tao, and Luhan.  Will you please explain?" The reporter waited expectantly for a response.  The room went silent.  Only the sounds of cameras clicking could be heard.

With the tablecloth blocking the view to the reporters, Yixing reached under the table and placed a comforting hand on Junmyeon's thigh. 

Junmyeon took in a breath before responding. "Tao, Kris, and Luhan have decided to leave SM Entertainment and EXO for medical purposes.  At the moment we don't know anything further about the circumstances.  SM Entertainment has not treated us poorly in anyway.  The reasons for their leaving is still between SM and the three parties involved."

There was an audible gasp within the audience.  Fingers were flying across their laptops.  Cameras were flashing faster than ever.

"But aren't they still under contract for SM Entertainment?" The reporter pressed on.

"At the moment, yes.  But the company has decided to annul their contracts.  Again this is for reasons we don't fully understand as of yet." Junmyeon thanked the reporter for her questions. 

Hongki stepped back onto the stage. "Thank you all for coming.  At this time, we will take no more questions.  There will be information regarding Luhan, Kris, and Tao within the next few weeks.  Thank you for your time." 

With that, the EXO members stepped off the stage and back into the waiting.


Later That Evening, Back At EXO's Dorm 

Junmyeon found himself sitting on the couch, watching the press conference re-run on the television with all the other EXO members.  Baekhyun and Chanyeol sat cross legged on the floor.  Jongdae sat with his arm around Minseok's shoulder.  Jongin and Kyungsoo sat cuddled up to each other on the loveseat.  And to everyone's surprise, even Sehun had joined.  The members were worried about the maknae.  Ever since Luhan left, Sehun had shut himself from the world.  Whenever he didn't have schedules, he could only be found alone in his room.  Kyungsoo tried to coax him out of his room with the offer of food once, but nothing worked.  So everyone was extremely shocked when the maknae said he wanted to watch the press conference with them.

"Aish! Why are you all staring at me?" Sehun complained.

"You're out of your room!" Baekhyun sounded astonished.

"The vampire has risen!" Jongdae laughed.

"Yeah.  And if you don't stop staring at me, I'll go right back in!" Sehun threw a menacing glare towards Baekhyun and Jongdae.  

The two plus Minseok and Chanyeol just laughed at Sehun's empty threat.

The maknae huffed in annoyance.  After turning towards Junmyeon, he crossed his arms and stuck out his lip. "Hyung, make them stop."

"Alright guys.  That's enough picking on Sehun.  The press conference is on now anyway." Junmyeon gave into the pouting maknae's wish.

The EXO members focused their attention on the TV screen.  No one said much except for their occasional banter and jokes about someone's facial expression.  Everyone was too absorbed on the TV.  Everyone except Junmyeon who had gotten lost in his memories.  This happened frequently.  After not remembering anything for so long, these memories would come back and hit him hard.  This memory was particularly hard.

"Excuse me." Junmyeon abruptly stood up and went to his room.

He laid down on his bed and more of this memory flooded him.  It was not a memory he liked and he definitely hated it when this memory awakened in his mind.

Yixing entered the room just as Junmyeon had curled himself into a little ball.  The Chinese boy knelt beside the bed and placed a comforting kiss on Junmyeon's lips. "What's wrong, Junnie? Another memory?"

Junmyeon nodded his head.

"Is it the one you don't want to tell me about?"

Junmyeon nodded again.

"I wish you would tell me, Junnie.  I want to help you." Yixing held onto Junmyeon's hand.

"I don't think you can help me, Xing." Junmyeon sighed, dejectedly.

"Well we won't know until you tell me."

Junmyeon looked into Yixing's eyes.  The eyes of the man he loved more than anyone in the world.  And that was when he finally decided to open up to Yixing. "It's about the day I lost memory.  Xing, I was such a coward.  I'm still a coward."

Yixing squeezed Junmyeon's hand. "No you're not.  You're the bravest man I know.  You stopped Yifan.  Why would you think like that?"

"I couldn't deal with the grief.  Krystal was dead.  And I thought you hated me.  I just wanted to escape.  To forget." Junmyeon paused to take in a shaky breath. "So I begged them to erase my memory.  I convinced them that I was only doing it so that everyone would be safer from Yifan.  But in reality, I was just scared and I wanted to run.  Look how that turned out.  Kris is missing.  The members got dragged into this mess.  And you.  I put you in so much danger."

Yixing kissed Junmyeon hard. "I never doubted your intentions, Jun.  Not even now.  I still think you're the bravest man I know.  We all make bad choices.  But that's what makes us human.  That's how we learn and grow.  That may not have been the best decision you've made, but I wouldn't have you change a single second of it.  I love you just the way you are right here and now."

Yixing had forgiven him.  Junmyeon felt like a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders.  Slowly he uncurled himself and stood up.  He pulled Yixing into a tight hug.  Then Junmyeon pulled him into a kiss that left them breathless.  A kiss filled with every ounce of passion that Junmyeon felt for Yixing.  The action spoke louder than words ever could.  

"Thank you.  I love you, my little unicorn."



A/N.....And so the wrap up has happened! I'm so sad.  Anyway, please click Next.  You'll find a longer author's note there after the epilogue! Yes! A surprise double update because I love you guys <3