Chapter 11

Universes Unknown

"YOU WANT TO DO WHAT TO MY HAIR?!" Junmyeon shrieked at the only other person in the room as he jumped up from the chair and pulled the apron off.

"Mr. Kim please sit down." The stylist tried to gently push Junmyeon back into the styling chair. "It's just a little bleach.  It's really not a big deal."

Bleach.  Junmyeon wanted to faint at the sound of the word. Why would they want to bleach his hair? Junmyeon crossed his arms and threw the stylist the most defiant look he could muster, which for him, wasn't very convincing. 

Brown hair? Fine. Dark red? Great! Bleach blonde? No way.  Nope.  Not a chance. 

"Mr. Kim, please." The stylist begged.  "I have to get you done so that I can get started on Jongin.  His hair is getting bleached today too.  My colleague is even in charge of dyeing Sehun and Tao's hair.  They're going really light too.  If I don't get started on you now, then the coloring won't have enough time to set for Jongin.  You don't want him to have bad looking hair, do you?"

At that moment, the door burst open, and in walked the one that Baekhyun always referred to as 'meanie manager.' Junmyeon gulped at the sight of the miserable man walking into the room.

"What is going on in here?" The manager bellowed.

"Oh, Mr. Lee! Thank goodness you're here." The stylist smiled, probably feeling very relieved that he was there to help her coax Junmyeon back into his chair. "Mr. Kim is refusing to let me bleach his hair.  Maybe you can help me."

"Of course, Mi Cha my dear." The manager, Mr. Lee, stretched his cheeks into what was supposed to be a smile, but Junmyeon could tell the man was only using the smile to hide his growing anger. "If you don't mind, I would like to have a private word with Junmyeon.  In the meantime, you can get started on Jongin's hair."

"Yes, Mr. Lee." Mi Cha smiled again and bowed to both Mr. Lee and Junmyeon before scurrying from the room.

Junmyeon's heart was beating rapidly.  He braced himself for the beating he was sure he was about to take.  Mr. Lee turned his gaze onto Junmyeon.  Junmyeon could feel the man's eyes piercing right through him.  The man sat down on the fluffy orange sofa and gestured for Junmyeon to resume his seat in the styling chair.  Junmyeon nearly tripping over his feet in his hurry to obey the manager.  Mr. Lee's fake smile was still present even though it grew cold the longer he looked at Junmyeon.

"Junmyeon, I thought you were smarter than this." The manager's falsely cheerful voice filled the quiet room.

"I....I....I..." Junmyeon stuttered as he attempted to respond to the mean-spirited man.

"Listen, Junmyeon.  You may be the leader of this little group, but you are in no position to fight what the company wants.  If the company wants to bleach your hair, what do you do?"

"Bleach my hair."

"Good.  I'm glad you finally understand." The manager reached into his pocket and pulled out a white envelope, passing it over to Junmyeon. "Now to explain the real reason I am here, I received this in the mail this morning from an anonymous sender.  Go ahead and open it.  Imagine the horror I felt when I found out that two of my star idols were dating each other.  And worse, they got caught."

Junmyeon's eyes widened in horror at the pictures contained within the envelope.  He and Yixing leaving the SM office together.  He and Yixing at the cafe.  Them holding hands.  Junmyeon entering the men's room with his shirt on and leaving with Yixing's hoodie in its place.  The two of them leaning in to share a kiss.

The manager sat on the sofa, grinning wickedly as fear and panic began to rise within Junmyeon. "You have no idea how lucky you are that the company was able to intercept this problem and solve it before these pictures were spread all over the media.  Do you have any idea what would happen if the fans found out you're gay?"

Junmyeon looked back up at the manager. "No sir."

"EXO would be disbanded and SM would be the laughing stock of the entertainment industry.  You wouldn't want that to happen now would you, Junmyeonie?"

"No sir."

"Good boy.  I would hate to see you end up on the streets." Mr. Lee laughed coldly.

"Mr. Lee, sir? What do you think I should do?" Junmyeon asked even though he deeply feared the answer.

The manager stood up from his spot on the sofa.  He grinned even more darkly than he had been doing before. "End it, Junmyeon.  You have to end your relationship with Yixing right now before things get messier." He headed for the door to the dressing room. "And for God's sake, let the stylist bleach your hair." He said before exiting through the door and allowing the stylist back into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There! All done for today!" Mi Cha set down her comb and hair dryer. "You'll need to come back for a couple more treatments before it's the exact right color, though.  And I want you to use this oil in your hair every night." She handed him a small brown bottle full of some kind of oil that Junmyeon didn't care to know the name of.

Junmyeon ran a hand through his hair.  Instead of seeing his usual black hair in the mirror, he saw hair that looked almost copper-like in color.  It was like another person was on the other side of the mirror, blocking his view of himself. Standing up from his chair, he thanked the hairstylist and apologized for his previous behavior.  He rushed over to the door, his head and chest were swimming in a pool of anxiety, and he just needed to get out of there as quickly as possible.  It was still too early for lunch and dance practice had been canceled, so Junmyeon set out to find a private place where he could sit and think about what the manager said and all the trouble he caused.  What he did not expect was to bump right into Yixing as he rounded a corner. 

"Ahh!" Yixing yelped in surprise.

"Yixing? Your hair!" Junmyeon exclaimed in his own surprise.  Yixing was no longer the blonde boy Junmyeon knew and loved.  Now he was the brunette boy Junmyeon knew and loved.

The boy giggled and rolled his eyes. "I'm fine, Junnie.  Thanks for asking! Besides, you're one to talk.  Look at your hair!"

"Sorry." Junmyeon chuckled, the sight of his boyfriend causing him to temporarily forget everything the manager had warned him about. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"The stylist finished my hair a long time ago.  I was lonely so I came looking for you." Yixing threw his million dollar dimples at Junmyeon.

Junmyeon's heart shattered a little as he took in the beautiful sight of Yixing, memories of his conversation with Mr. Lee flooding back.  After everything the manager told him, he wasn't sure what would happen between him and Yixing.  He knew he loved Yixing and wanted to be with him.  But at what cost? The manager was right.  Junmyeon knew there was nothing wrong with being gay, but homouality was still seen as such a negative thing in Korea.  If the media ever found out that one band member was dating another, it would spell out disaster for EXO.  How could he destroy the very thing his friends had worked so hard to achieve?  

"Come on, Jun.  Kyungsoo texted me right before I bumped into you.  He said everyone is meeting outside the cafeteria.  We're all gonna go out to a restaurant for an early lunch to celebrate our comeback." Yixing extended his hand for Junmyeon to take.

Junmyeon looked at the outreaching hand and then up at Yixing's face.  Hesitantly he reached out and grasped Yixing's hand, but not before peering around to make sure nobody was watching.  Silently, the two navigated the halls until they found the other members gathered outside the cafeteria.

"I'm hungry!" They could hear Sehun whine while he rubbed his grumbling stomach.

"Don't worry, Hunnie.  We're going as soon as Yixing and Junmyeon get here." Luhan cooed at his boyfriend.

"Ugh! What's taking them so long?" Minseok complained.

"They're probably making out in a dressing room or something." Joked Jongdae.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Don't be stupid, Jongdae.  They're totally making out in a janitor's closet right now."

"Does everything you guys say have to be so suggestive?" Jongin asked pointedly.

Jongdae laughed at the question. "Of course it does, little Kai-baby.  I took an oath when I was 5 years old to say as many suggestive things as I can in my lifetime."

"We're here!" Yixing announced to the impatient group of men, both he and Junmyeon were blushing due to the nature of the group's conversation.

"Oh my God! Finally!" Sehun cried out and then hurried out the door.

"Sehun! Wait for me!" Luhan yelled, zipping out the door as well.  The rest of the group following soon after.

Despite it being a chilly October day, the EXO group members decided to walk to the American-style restaurant that was only a couple of blocks away.  It was Kris' idea because he wanted a burger.  And one thing is for certain, if Kris wants a burger, Kris gets a burger.

The entire walk to the restaurant, Yixing kept trying to make physical contact with Junmyeon.  But fearing Mr. Lee's words, Junmyeon did his best to avoid any sort of physical contact with him.  Yixing tried again to take Junmyeon's hand, but Junmyeon shoved his hands in his pockets, claiming it was too cold for them to be out in the open.

"Oh. I can warm them up for you." Once again Yixing tried to grab his boyfriend's hand for the tenth time.  He tugged on Junmyeon's sleeve, trying to get him to take his hands out of his pockets.  

"Xing, please just stop.  I said no." Junmyeon pleaded with the boy.

Yixing released Junmyeon's sleeve and pouted his lip.  Junmyeon's heart broke a little more, although he knew he had to figure things out first.  He was certain that he shouldn't show affection towards Yixing.  At least not while out in the public eye.  At home, they should be fine. Right? 

Warmth washed over them as they all stepped inside the American restaurant.  A young American girl greeted them in English and then again in Korean from behind her desk.  She looked up at them to ask how many were in their party and her eyes grew wide with recognition.

Junmyeon caught Jongin glance at Kyungsoo, smile to himself, and then push his way to the front of the group. 

"Table for twelve." Jongin threw a dazzling smile at the girl before grabbing her hand and kissing it. "Or should we make it for thirteen?"

Kyungsoo stiffened at the interaction while the girl blushed and shyly took her hand back.  She gathered a stack of menus and led them to a private table near the back of the restaurant.  She handed each boy a menu after they all took a seat, Jongin purposely pushing himself into the seat closest to the girl.

"Your server for today will be Soo-Young.  She'll be with you in a moment." The American girl turned to leave the table but before she could take a step, Jongin snatched her wrist.

"But we want you.  You got a name, cutie?" 

The girl's face turned an impossible shade of pink. "Lily." 

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Lily."

Lily bit her lip out of nervousness. "It's nice to meet you too.  Sorry, I do have to go back to my post, though.  I don't want to get in trouble."

There was an uncomfortable atmosphere around the table as everyone looked back and forth between the girl, the flirting Jongin, and the seething Kyungsoo.

"Sure thing, babe.  Maybe I'll see you in a little bit then." Jongin winked at Lily.

"Yeah, maybe." Lily smiled back at Jongin.  She bowed to the table and then headed back to her desk.

For several minutes, Kyungsoo did nothing but glare at Jongin.  He opened his mouth like he was gonna say something, but he decided against it and smiled at the rest of the table instead.  After picking up his menu and still smiling, he said, "Let's celebrate."

While all this was happening, Junmyeon had subconsciously taken Yixing's hand into his underneath the table.


A/N......What's up, everyone? How's everyone doing? Hope you're doing good! Here's another chapter for ya.  Here we have Junnie freaking out about his hair.  Meanie manager is back with another threat to the poor babies.  Our little unicorn sadly getting pushed away by his boyfriend.  And then Jongin flirting with a stewardess.  Ughhh Jongin what you doing boy? But then Junnie being cute and taking Xing's hand in the end without even realizing it <333 My favorite part has got to be Jongdae and Baekkie talking about Jun and Xing making out in the janitor's closet lol XD Comments and subs would be much appreciated.  You guys make me inspired to keep going!

P.S....I just wanted to say that I have nothing against homoual people.  And I really don't like having to write Mr. Lee's parts because of his extreme homophobia.  I'm sorry to anyone who has to deal with this kind of treatment on a daily basis.  If you ever need anyone to talk to, please don't hesitate to message me.  I will admit that I'm not very good at giving advice, but I am a good listener.